You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New PC needed for 20 tabling!

Comments

• Options
    TPTP123TPTP123 Member Posts: 492
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling!:
    OMG it's a keyboard !!! does it type for you for that money ?
    Posted by rancid
    no but it looks pretty. 

also lol@retro store my cheese between some keys keyboard!!! That thiing looks older than TK and less technical as well. 
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : no but it looks pretty.  also lol@retro store my cheese between some keys keyboard!!! That thiing looks older than TK and less technical as well. 
    Posted by TPTP123
    I merely searched "old computer keyboard viglen" rofl

found some where people had physically grown grass inside so the grass grows out the keys. very random. good old google lol
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited February 2013
    Can we go back to the first page and half of this thread and carry on like that... It's all got a bit sensible now. I've not laughed at a thread so much for some time.  #irrelevantposts
  • Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2013
    my key-board cost me £9.99
    i could't find the ' mark for nearly 2 years and thought well it must be missing,what do u expect for less than a tenner!!!  lols
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2013
    got a mouse story,as well.

plugged it into my new pc and i had no proper control over it for weeks.
    i thought it was due to the new 'anti-virus' software that i had had installed.
    and i was not a happy bunny as it was really hard work for me trying to play 10+ tables att.
    so borrowed a mouse from computer shop and it worked fine.
    whilst i was plugging this trial mouse in,i pushed my mouse connection thingy into the back of pc as far as i could also.
    my mouse has behaved himself beautifully ever since.  lols
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,938
    edited February 2013
    I think if you extracted the contents of my keyboard you would probably be able to reconstruct a whole packets of maryland cookies - YUMYUM!!!

• Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited February 2013
    Yeah slight overkill with the keyboard. I'm still using a Memorex one I bought for about £6 years ago.

I bought a replacement one when this started looking a little grubby. I tried the new one for about 5 minutes and swapped it back as the keys felt awful when typing.

Logitech mice are great as Beaneh said. Much cheaper than going down the razer route.

Gaming mousepads are good though. I use a hard plastic one that's got a slightly rough surface.
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,938
    edited February 2013
    Yeah slight overkill with the keyboard. I'm still using a Memorex one I bought for about £6 years ago. I bought a replacement one when this started looking a little grubby. I tried the new one for about 5 minutes and swapped it back as the keys felt awful when typing. Logitech mice are great as Beaneh said. Much cheaper than going down the razer route. Gaming mousepads are good though. I use a hard plastic one that's got a slightly rough surface.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    +1
    I have an ice mat thing I had since my gaming days - can't beat it
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2013
    His talking sense for once but if your gonna spend more then 200 then do it properly imo,  also i would rather have a i5 with an SSD then an i7 with HDD... buut thats just me and i dont think much sense. 
    Posted by TPTP123

cheeeky goooit
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2013
    I got a custom made pc from palicomp.

They have been great and built it and delivered in a couple of days.
  • Options
    KinichAhauKinichAhau Member Posts: 63
    edited February 2013
    Build one yourself, do NOT buy one ready built from pc world etc they'll have your eyes out. You can have double the spec for the same money if you build your own. Watch a few of the tutorials on youtube on building a system, it's a lot easier than you think.

Spec wise, you don't want anything less than an i5 / fx-8150 imo, if you've got i7 money you might as well go for it but its defo not nessesary. You want at least 8GB RAM, same again 16Gb if you've got the money. Also make sure you buy a good quality power supply. Most entry level graphics cards will run 20+ tables seamlessly and most will have two outputs (1xDVI, 1xVGA) for dual monitors if your decided to add another at a later date. As for harddrives any will do, preferably 500GB upwards.

Check out ccl-online, their prices are very competitive. Hope this helps. 

Col

• Options
    KinichAhauKinichAhau Member Posts: 63
    edited February 2013
    Just seen your in the north east, in in Morpeth!

Col
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited February 2013
    Build one yourself, do NOT buy one ready built from pc world etc they'll have your eyes out. You can have double the spec for the same money if you build your own. Watch a few of the tutorials on youtube on building a system, it's a lot easier than you think. Spec wise, you don't want anything less than an i5 / fx-8150 imo, if you've got i7 money you might as well go for it but its defo not nessesary. You want at least 8GB RAM, same again 16Gb if you've got the money. Also make sure you buy a good quality power supply. Most entry level graphics cards will run 20+ tables seamlessly and most will have two outputs (1xDVI, 1xVGA) for dual monitors if your decided to add another at a later date. As for harddrives any will do, preferably 500GB upwards. Check out ccl-online, their prices are very competitive. Hope this helps.  Col
    Posted by KinichAhau
    Very grateful Col.

Will check out the website this weekend and will update any progress on here.

Really appreciate all the help guys.
  • Options
    bolly580bolly580 Member Posts: 603
    edited February 2013
    hi devonfish not to have a go but playing 21 tables on dyms and 21 tables in cash is far different as in dyms your foldingalot of hands where as cash u are playing alot of hands playing 20 tables on cash is gonna be hard imo 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    DontTellMUm will not suffer with this problem i can asure you
  • Options
    KKripplerKKrippler Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : DontTellMUm will not suffer with this problem i can asure you
    Posted by bolly580
    All regs fold loads anyways, so dont know what that means.

Ur prob tighter than Viney, which is an achievement
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : DontTellMUm will not suffer with this problem i can asure you
    Posted by bolly580

I will be easy to beat then bolly.  After making 58 buy ins last month I think my game is working fine against the aggro fish.  I could knock your game but that's not my style.

GL at the tables.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Just seen your in the north east, in in Morpeth! Col
    Posted by KinichAhau

Hi Col, I'm actually living in Newcastle at the mo.  On the quayside.  Had some messy nights in Morpeth in years gone by!

GL on the felt buddy!

• Options
    bolly580bolly580 Member Posts: 603
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : All regs fold loads anyways, so dont know what that means. Ur prob tighter than Viney, which is an achievement
    Posted by KKrippler
    as much as i respect the great KKripple, i follow you on twitter. Dont you lose like 11 buy ins a session? so youl forgive me for not taking your words of wisdom onboard
  • Options
    KKripplerKKrippler Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : as much as i respect the great KKripple, i follow you on twitter. Dont you lose like 11 buy ins a session? so youl forgive me for not taking your words of wisdom onboard
    Posted by bolly580
    Im pretty special so thank you for the respect.

Never said you were bad, just said ur a very tight player, which was your criticism of Dontelmum ( irony for the win ).
  • Options
    edited February 2013