You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Network Error

I have been trying to open the poker client but it's stuck on this error.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,291

Morning @toogs

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Have a look at the thread I have linked below, that might help;

https://community.skypoker.com/discussion/173619/player-requires-help/p1?new=1
  • Options
  • Options

@toogs

If those don't help, try asking either @mumsie or @NoseyBonk , one or either of those usually know the answers to these things.

If none of those work, get back to me please, & I'll speak to the Office.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,354
    I cant replicate this on my computer so my help is guesswork. @toogs

When you download it are you getting these two in your download folder?

• Options
  • Options
    toogstoogs Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have already searched through the other discussions and tried updating adobe and resetting my router. Neither of them worked.
    mumsie said:

I cant replicate this on my computer so my help is guesswork. @toogs

When you download it are you getting these two in your download folder?

Hey, thanks for the reply, yes I have them back in the same folder.

• Options
    Hey again, quick update, I tried installing the software on another computer I have and the exact same error happens so I'm guessing it has something to do with my internet connection. Any idea's? @mumsie @Tikay10
  • Options
    Hi,

Are you using wireless connection or wired on both setups ?
  • Options
    ive got an old laptop that i dont have the sky poker client on.

Ill download the client on it and see how i fare.
  • Options
    My desktop computer is using an wired connection and my laptop was using wireless. They both didn't work :(
  • Options
    Ive downloaded the client on my crappy laptop, it downloaded ok and I got further than you. So I couldnt replicate your problem there.

Looking through old sky poker forums, this network error problem does bother ppl from time to time and seems to strike randomly, then just as random, it fixes itself.

Have you any other programs installed that might be bothering the sky poker client?
  • Options
    I was able to get it to work on my brother's laptop which runs Windows 10. My crappy computer is only running Windows 7. Maybe thats the problem? Might try updating to Windows 10
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    toogs said:

I was able to get it to work on my brother's laptop which runs Windows 10. My crappy computer is only running Windows 7. Maybe thats the problem? Might try updating to Windows 10

@Tikay10 tagged me in. Sorry, I've never got to the bottom of that 'Network Error' issue (it is rather vague, innit?). Don't think it's because of the Windows 7 though. That's the version I refuse to move away from :D Good luck.
  • Options
    TheCrillyTheCrilly Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2018
    I am having the same problem, been this way for weeks, the browser client works fine but isn't what I want to use. Using a win7 64bit pc. It's a wired connection on BT Fibre. I tried uninstalling adobe flash and air, as well as the sky client. Removed an old vpn network device. Nothing worked.

It's almost as if the client is trying to use a network connection that doesn't exist so it instantly fails to connect. If you hit try again it will try for 30seconds then give a 504-gateway timeout.

I tried using another computer, wired on the same network win7 64bit, it works fine.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    TheCrilly said:

I am having the same problem, been this way for weeks, the browser client works fine but isn't what I want to use. Using a win7 64bit pc. It's a wired connection on BT Fibre. I tried uninstalling adobe flash and air, as well as the sky client. Removed an old vpn network device. Nothing worked.

It's almost as if the client is trying to use a network connection that doesn't exist so it instantly fails to connect. If you hit try again it will try for 30seconds then give a 504-gateway timeout.

I tried using another computer, wired on the same network win7 64bit, it works fine.

Wonder if there's a clue there?

Are there other network connections enabled that are not in use? Go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre, then click Change Adapter Settings. It'll show you all the available connections. They can be disabled if not needed (right click/enable or disable).
    I guess you only really need one - for the wired connection - usually called Local Area Connection (example below)

• Options
    TheCrillyTheCrilly Member Posts: 9
    Nah I checked that during my attempts to fix it. Just the wired connection there. my onboard LAN is an intel 82579v if thats any use to anyone.