You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Vaping/e-cigs in public places

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,594

What's your view on folks vaping in, say, a poker room?

Up here at the SPT Glasgow, despite signs saying NO VAPING, Management seems fairly relaxed about it, & lots of folks are merrily puffing away. It does not bother me one way or the other, but what's your view - should vaping be allowed in a place such as a poker room?

I don't know much about vaping & the like, but it's mostly those big devices which create huge clouds, rather than little e-cigs.

Comments

• Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    If I had my way I would Amsterdam the whole thing smoking the biggest Jamaican Fatty's allowed, Free Brownie with every drink :)
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    Absolutely not. Horrible habit, sit next to someone doing it for half an hour and your clothes will be absolutely stinking, almost as much as someone doing real smoking.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,023
    FCHD said:

Absolutely not. Horrible habit, sit next to someone doing it for half an hour and your clothes will be absolutely stinking, almost as much as someone doing real smoking.

Totally agree. I'm an ex-smoker. Why should my resolve have to be tested in this way?

Why should fire alarms have to be set at a lower level so that these people don't have to go outside or use a method that doesn't impact on others?
  • Options
    Same could be said for sitting next to the great unwashed for 6 to 8 hours with BO or bad breadth which does happen a lot more than people think, I would rather smell flavoured vapour than the smell of that, or would it be ok to ask them people to stand out side until they can sort there hygiene situation out? Not sure we can have it both ways.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I used to vape huge clouds. Its called sub ohming. Its just a gimmick really. Practically pointless.

Now I just mtl which is mouth to lung vaping, the same way people smoke real cigarettes. Liquid lasts longer, better throat hit, and its less invasive.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I don't understand. Why not smoke the real thing rather than those vapour things :D IMO I don't think many people go to vaping to try and quit smoking.

• Options
    @KOBAYASHI for different flavour's less toxins, word on the street is you can add some rare things to them.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited October 2018
    Its like getting bramwells ketchup. Might as well get heinz :D
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    FCHD said:

That isn't even close to being true.

My wife and I both vape. The smell doesn't linger on clothes, or on fabrics around the house. I vape in the car and there is never a residual odour.

You can't argue that because I vape, I can't smell it either. I never used to do it after giving up smoking for years but my wife did and I could never smell it around the house.

I could smell it briefly when she was vaping but within seconds, the smell had gone. I can see how someone doing it right next to you could be annoying and they should definitely be more considerate in those instances but no way will your clothes stink of it.
  • Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    K0BAYASHl said:

I don't understand. Why not smoke the real thing rather than those vapour things :D IMO I don't think many people go to vaping to try and quit smoking.

Have to disagree there I smoked for 30 years then 6 years ago started vaping and have never had a real one since.
    I could never give the tabs up and had asthma,constant colds and chest infections and constantly coughed and was breathless my health was poor overall.
    Now I have no asthma or cough and regularly cycle.

Not saying that vaping is good for me but I feel reborn healthwise and would recommend them to any smoker.

On the original topic there is a big debate about about using them in public and the big cloud brigade don't help the cause.

I have been told to stop using it in a grandstand at Silverstone,football matches and once when outside with nobody within 100yards of me at an outdoor event.
    The jobsworth yellow jacket brigade love vapers lol.
    I cant stand the smell of cigs now and am fed up being moved to the 'smoking areas' if I want to vape rant over :smiley:

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    I'm really not very keen on it and I wouldn't like people being allowed to do it at the table but if it helps people to quit that is a good thing and I can see how someone vaping might get fed up with being sent to the smelly old smoking area.

It wouldn't really cost anything much to put a vaping area indoors I guess, it doesn't have to be a room that is totally seeled off, maybe just a corner of the room where it's Ok and have a screen or something to partially block it off.

Only about 14% of people smoke these days but in Glasgow it definitely felt like closer to 25%.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    14% of people smoke seems kinda low, it’s great if we have got to that figure. It’s definitely off trend in today’s world and I would be kinda crushed if my kids started smoking now, but I do think there will always be just as bad things not far away to replace it no doubt. But in saying that I do think they should legalise weed, dont think it will be far of anyway.