You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Week 1 "Big Game" - how did they do? And how would YOU do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    We will see how Alan’s table will do next Sunday :)
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    I watched it for a while, but it was pretty dull, I think people were playing not to lose rather than to win because of the big money they would get for doing nothing. Might have been better to make it a SNG with 10 minute blinds and pay out everyone, something like this:
    6th - £500
    5th - £500
    4th - £750
    3rd - £1K
    2nd - £1.25K
    1st - £2K
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,284
    I didn't watch any of it, from the final standings it looks like there wasn't much action apart from one hand.
  • Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    I would 100% go for it. I would certainly be out of my depth but I’d at least try, especially if I knew others were sitting waiting for aces.
  • Options
    COFFEENCRMCOFFEENCRM Member Posts: 70
    Great question. 1K is a lot to me and although in my head I would be thinking 'spin it up if possible girl', in reality, with the chips in front of me ... sigh nit up probably and use what I'm left with to buy into the SPT Grand Final :)
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 442
    This promotion is mainly about players winning their seat and for many it's having the chance to play in a cash game they never would otherwise. If we get people that enjoy railing it then that's great but it isn't that important.

I'm not sure I agree that making it a Sit & Go would be more exciting for railers. I would have thought playing big pots deep stacked with real money makes for better viewing. Granted we didn't get many big pots on Sunday but that may not always be the case.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    If you pick me in the draw I promise to play like a crazy man :)
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    great idea i love the concept! id make it interesting for sure as id 100% be trying to spin the tight money
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383

This promotion is mainly about players winning their seat and for many it's having the chance to play in a cash game they never would otherwise. If we get people that enjoy railing it then that's great but it isn't that important.

I'm not sure I agree that making it a Sit & Go would be more exciting for railers. I would have thought playing big pots deep stacked with real money makes for better viewing. Granted we didn't get many big pots on Sunday but that may not always be the case.

Hi James - The SNG suggestion wasn't really about making it more entertaining for the railers, it was about making it so that the players involved could play more freely without the risk of going busto and missing out on anything, hence the suggestion of paying out everyone, but with the most obviously up top for the winner.

Wasn't knocking the promo, it's good as they all are that sky do are, and as always give everyone a decent shot.

Cheers
    Greg.
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited November 2018
    @Sky_James said This promotion is mainly about players winning their seat and for many it's having the chance to play in a cash game they never would otherwise.

only really counts for 2 of the players in the game.. the rest all play at the level or could if they wanted... not knocking the promo but do think that @GREGSTER one is a good idea