You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Thoughts?

PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jotheblag1Small blind600.00600.0022587.00
PKRParBig blind1200.001800.0045442.00
Your hole cards
  • A
  • J
M0n3yManFold
pokermaskFold
xRaise2400.004200.0080758.00
Dave488Fold
jotheblag1Fold
PKRParCall1200.005400.0044242.00
Flop
  • A
PKRParCheck
xBet2400.007800.0078358.00
PKRParCall2400.0010200.0041842.00
Turn
  • K
PKRParCheck
xCheck
River
PKRParCheck
xBet6000.0016200.0072358.00
PKRParFold
xMuck
xWin10200.0082558.00
xReturn6000.000.0088558.00
Do I need to raise on the river following the check? Too tight a fold? Just felt icky!

Comments

• Options
    ^ in the 110 main tonight.
  • Options
    Sigh KK < 99 out before cash. 50 left.
  • Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    If you aren't calling that river bet then what is the thinking in calling preflop?
    I'm intrigued...
  • Options
    SJspanky1 said:

If you aren't calling that river bet then what is the thinking in calling preflop?
    I'm intrigued...

With the intent of playing, but I don't think the turn and river help me at all?

but yeah, think I should continue betting on the turn, if I'm going to play it at all.
  • Options
    mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    Betting on river is ok but are you calling a re-raise? It looks like you missed diamonds if you try and buy on river or you may only have one pair hand to opponent and he could raise you on river. In 2018 this looks like a check call line if you are inquisitive or question what oppo is up to.
    I think he may have got there with AT , AK or KT rather than hitting a straight, or he could have missed FD. His sizing is good though but it really depends what you think of opponent whether you call or not. I would sigh call here I think.
    You do block the straight with your jack though. Did you have any reads on him?
    best regards danny
  • Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    Think we are overthinking this. If he doesn't hold an ace he has to bet/get you to fold to win the hand. It's a really simple check/call. You played it ok until you lost your nerve(something I notice you don't do in cash games 😉)

Hopefully a proper player may pop in later to give a more considered opinion which will probably be that I have it all wrong.
  • Options
    SJspanky1 said:

Think we are overthinking this. If he doesn't hold an ace he has to bet/get you to fold to win the hand. It's a really simple check/call. You played it ok until you lost your nerve(something I notice you don't do in cash games 😉)

Hopefully a proper player may pop in later to give a more considered opinion which will probably be that I have it all wrong.

I actually hate spin and gos. If you ever see me on those tables again, take my money 😂😂😂
  • Options
    mcglynn07 said:

Betting on river is ok but are you calling a re-raise? It looks like you missed diamonds if you try and buy on river or you may only have one pair hand to opponent and he could raise you on river. In 2018 this looks like a check call line if you are inquisitive or question what oppo is up to.
    I think he may have got there with AT , AK or KT rather than hitting a straight, or he could have missed FD. His sizing is good though but it really depends what you think of opponent whether you call or not. I would sigh call here I think.
    You do block the straight with your jack though. Did you have any reads on him?
    best regards danny

Should’ve called in heindsight. He’s a good player so that’s what out me off a little 😥