You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's official - SPT is back for 2019

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
edited January 2019 in Poker Chat

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    WHOOP WHOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOP ! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you & the Team at SKYPOKER TiKay.

That's GREAT NEWS and a nice start to the New Year for us.... any idea when the sat's. for Manchester start? Not far away now ;)
  • Options
    Type your comment
    MISTY4ME said:

That's GREAT NEWS and a nice start to the New Year for us.... any idea when the sat's. for Manchester start? Not far away now ;)

I'll let you know as soon as I hear. At a guess, I would imagine they will start next Monday, but I'll deffo let everyone know as soon as I hear.

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

MISTY4ME said:

I'll let you know as soon as I hear. At a guess, I would imagine they will start next Monday, but I'll deffo let everyone know as soon as I hear.

Thanks for the (very) quick reply TiKay.... 'On the Ball' as ever...... I should have got a photo to put in there but the racing's started !
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Feel sorry for anyone planning to attend Brighton and needing a hotel for the weekend.

• Options
    Type your comment

Feel sorry for anyone planning to attend Brighton and needing a hotel for the weekend.

@hhyftrftdr

Think you are on the wrong thread - try this for size:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/174459/fat-club-2019
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    Great news, best news of the new year so far.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

@hhyftrftdr

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/174459/fat-club-2019
    Having just eaten a packet of Nice biscuits, I decline your invitation.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

@hhyftrftdr

Having just eaten a packet of Nice biscuits, I decline your invitation.
    Just the 1 packet? Amateur.

Best bit of Fat Club is that first weigh-in isn't until Friday: 3 days more of guilt-free chomping. I can hear my scales gently sobbing....
  • Options
    MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110
    WOOHOO Sky Poker is coming back to Glasgow. Might also try and make Manchester also.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    I wonder if that big gap between the Nottingham and Brighton legs is Vegas related. ;)
  • Options

Morning.

Some of the dates/venues have been changed or swapped, so I have removed the link in the OP temporarily. I'll let you know as soon as it is clarified & restored.

However, be assured that SPT Manchester, 8th to 10th February, IS confirmed.
  • Options
    memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    If Mcr is 8th feb why are there not satellites running already? Did Sky Poker learn nothing from missing the guarantee at Mcr last time? Earlier satellites = more runners on the day - SIMPLES !
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    Whilst agreeing with @memfno in principle there is a difference in how the SATs are run, i.e, for the Manc SPT Grand Final. that was ran on the same lines as the Vegas promo, with semi- finals every night to qualify for 3 finals to win seats. Whereas the usual SPTs have semi-finals every night with 3 players winning a seat into the SPT so automatically there will be more seat winners anyway
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    @memfno I also agree that sats should be running already. However, in addition to what @SidV79 said there was also a 25/25 the same weekend as SPT, and a Unibet tour the weekend after, so that would have meant Sky also missed out on some of the local players who chose to play those tourneys instead. There were far more factors that led to not making the guarantee than just the satellite structure.

I have no idea if there were any live sats for the grand final, but it's definitely important when there's competing tours on at the same time to get locals' bums in seats. If significantly more live sats ran for the Unibet tour the following week at the same venue, then that's maybe something to improve.

Think main thing is just avoid date clash with other similar stuff in the area where possible.
  • Options
    TheSawTheSaw Member Posts: 75
    EvilPingu said:

@memfno

I have no idea if there were any live sats for the grand final, but it's definitely important when there's competing tours on at the same time to get locals' bums in seats. If significantly more live sats ran for the Unibet tour the following week at the same venue, then that's maybe something to improve.

Both the SPT Grand Final and the Unibet tour the following week, had just one live satellite apiece, which ran on the Thursday evening immediately before each event started on the Friday
  • Options

Satellites for SPT Manchester start this Monday (7th January).
  • Options
    subzero1subzero1 Member Posts: 76
    I'm pleased to see that the SPT is coming back for 2019 but I expect the buy in is still going to be £220.Now I no you can't please everyone but there must be a lot of small stakes players out there like myself with kids mortgages etc that find £220 is just to much of a lump of cash to risk on one tournament.I no there are satellites for each venue but if your only a small stakes player the chance of winning one of those is slim to nil.Do they have to be quite so much because I would love to play in one.what I can compare it to is I took the wife to malta for 4 days in November and I played in an APAT event where the buy in was £100 and the hotel and flights were £150 so £250 in total and with my budget I have to ask would I rather spend the money on one buy in in Brighton or a 4 day holiday in Malta with a poker tourney throw in.Oh and buy the way the winner of the APAT got £8500.
  • Options
    So you're complaining that the £220 entry is too high, and also complaining about the potential ways to win a seat for a fraction of that figure?

• Options
    subzero1subzero1 Member Posts: 76
    Yes because £220 is to much for me to pay for a local poker tournament and my chances of winning a seat via a satellite are slim to none.What.s so hard to understand about that.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    @subzero1
    If you were really in favour of doing an SPT you wouldn't be bothered about the price of a direct entry. I'm a micro stakes player myself who bought into all 4 SPTS last year, the reason I did that was the enjoyment of a live game with the community.

Why are you even thinking about the top prize of a live event, If you think you can win the top prize in these events you would have the ability to make way more than £220 worth of cash in a month.

You say a short stakes player is not capable of gaining entry into this your wrong again, I as a shortstakes player managed to gain entry into the £550 SPT grand final last year for a mere £5.50 through a chain of sattelites.