You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's official - SPT is back for 2019

Comments

• Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 129
    Thank you for your response @Tikay10 and @EvilPingu. I better get working on my second bullet then, see you in Manchester :smile:
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    i qualified through a freeroll into a final sat then fluked my way through the final so like misty said anyone can win a seat , one thing i have to say , qualify if you can, its an amazing experience to play an SPT you will not be disappointed
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    edited January 2019
    Yesterday there were some little £2.30(ish) micro sats at 7.05pm and 7.55pm to the 8.35pm Quarter final, but they don't seem to be in the lobby tonight. is this an oversight or has this level been lost?...... it does help us small stakes players :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,277
    MISTY4ME said:

Yesterday there were some little £2.30(ish) micro sats at 7.05pm and 7.55pm to the 8.35pm Quarter final, but they don't seem to be in the lobby tonight. is this an oversight or has this level been lost?...... it does help us small stakes players :)

I can't see those two, but there are 4 X £1.30 Frenzy's later, 3 X £2.60 Semi All In Sats, and 2 X Micro Sats at £5.25.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,205
    There were dates for the Nottingham SPT, but not any more - any idea when they will be confirmed? It's the one event I can easily get to so am going to try my best to qualify if the dates are convenient.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Type your comment
    Brrrrrrr said:

There were dates for the Nottingham SPT, but not any more - any idea when they will be confirmed? It's the one event I can easily get to so am going to try my best to qualify if the dates are convenient.

Hi Pete,

I expect the date of the Nottingham leg to be confirmed quite soon, & I expect it to be in October if that helps.

• Options
    gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 2,156
    Considering a venture from Malta for Manchester...

Sure is tempting
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    I made a typical rookie error last night - won entry to the semi final from a £2.60 all in game and then went and got my tables mixed up :blush: . I was playing a frenzy game at the same time and thought the semi final table which had auto opened was the frenzy game - so all in button hit before I realised lol. I wouldn't mind but I had such rubbish cards the table must have thought I was well and truely drunk.

Oh well - hopefully another night I'll try again :smiley:
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    subzero1 said:

No I think you misunderstood.I didn't complain about the cheaper ways to win a seat I no about satellites etc I just didn't think I could win one but I suppose if I got an amazing run of cards etc then I could bink my way in to an spt seat.The main reason I left the post was because I would love to play in an spt and brighton is not that far from me but with my personnel finances I just couldn't justify £220 then possibly get knocked out after only 5 minutes (I no I could also last a lot longer) but people have explained why it isn't practical for it to be a lower buy in.But I have to say I have played in 4 apats and also the goliath all for a buy in of around £100 which to me the £100 saved makes a huge difference to my budget.

It can be done SZ1....... as I've just managed to win a seat to SPT Manchester and I got into the Semi-Final from playing just 1 x £2.60 All-in.

I had earlier played 2 x £2.30 micro sat's to the quarter, the 2nd one successfully, but failed to make the Semi-Final from the Quarter-Final....... so my outlay today was just £7.20 for a £220 seat :)

Hope to see you later in the year in Brighton, as I love the SPT at 'The Rendezvous'
  • Options
    gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 2,156
    gazza127 said:

Considering a venture from Malta for Manchester...

Sure is tempting

OK I'm coming.

Flights booked and everything. Only question is should I bring my trophy with me.

• Options

^^^^

Ha, excellent news. See you there, look forward to it.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    MISTY4ME said:

subzero1 said:

No I think you misunderstood.I didn't complain about the cheaper ways to win a seat I no about satellites etc I just didn't think I could win one but I suppose if I got an amazing run of cards etc then I could bink my way in to an spt seat.The main reason I left the post was because I would love to play in an spt and brighton is not that far from me but with my personnel finances I just couldn't justify £220 then possibly get knocked out after only 5 minutes (I no I could also last a lot longer) but people have explained why it isn't practical for it to be a lower buy in.But I have to say I have played in 4 apats and also the goliath all for a buy in of around £100 which to me the £100 saved makes a huge difference to my budget.

It can be done SZ1....... as I've just managed to win a seat to SPT Manchester and I got into the Semi-Final from playing just 1 x £2.60 All-in.

I had earlier played 2 x £2.30 micro sat's to the quarter, the 2nd one successfully, but failed to make the Semi-Final from the Quarter-Final....... so my outlay today was just £7.20 for a £220 seat :)

Hope to see you later in the year in Brighton, as I love the SPT at 'The Rendezvous'
    Well Played! First of the 'crew' to get there!! Now I need to up my game!!
  • Options
    SPT ALL INS?

@Tikay10 Only 1 showing for tonight...? I like to play all 3 as I play my best poker in these games
  • Options
    madprof said:

SPT ALL INS?

@Tikay10 Only 1 showing for tonight...? I like to play all 3 as I play my best poker in these games

There are 2 showing at present, 9.35pm & 9.40pm. There may be another added once the lobby fully populates, but for sure there are 2.
  • Options
    hi...yes i went back in and saw the second one had appeared,thanks
  • Options
    unbpowerunbpower Member Posts: 553
    if i won more than one bullet would it be possible to transfer one to another player ?
  • Options
    Type your comment
    unbpower said:

if i won more than one bullet would it be possible to transfer one to another player ?

Hi Unbpower,

In short, no.

;)
  • Options
    unbpowerunbpower Member Posts: 553
    thx for swift reply tikay ,its just that i have already won my seat and going to try and win another bullet but manchester is probably the only spt i will attend this year and if i get through day one with first bullet looks like i will miss out on value of the other ticket and not sure if the spts will be back next year with the rumoured takeover .
  • Options
    RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already as I haven't read through it all, but in the SPT Manchester lobby under the "SPT Manchester - One seat winners" it quotes day 1a and 1b as being the 30th November and 1st December respectively.

probably worth fixing this to avoid confusion.
  • Options
    RLT16 said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already as I haven't read through it all, but in the SPT Manchester lobby under the "SPT Manchester - One seat winners" it quotes day 1a and 1b as being the 30th November and 1st December respectively.

probably worth fixing this to avoid confusion.

Well spotted Bus Bloke, will let Upstairs know, thank you.