You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** SKYBET £20.00 FREE BET IN THE FIRST RACE AT CHELTENHAM EACH DAY **

StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
edited March 2019 in Poker Chat
Hi guys.

As most of you are probably aware. SKY are offering £20.00 money back as cash in the first race each day of the Cheltenham Festival.

I recognise that this may bring in some Poker players that don't normally bet on horses.

A few of us are participating in a NAPS LEAGUE and you will be able to see our selections each day via the following link: (You will need to refresh it for it to update)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRXV1Mouxv8s9m3-kbNPZhp9amb3J2xUbpVE5LS0AmXhQsUsO7nw-H3jbv5JbV8wywU65AYOeG8GmaK/pubhtml

Each day you will see our first race selections in column C, rows 5 to 11.

So if you don't know much about horses, you could take a look. No guarantee of success of course, but it may be useful for those that don't normally bet on horses.

I know this isn't really "Poker Chat" but just wanted to reach out to Poker players that don't normally back horses.

GL all!

G

Comments

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I don’t normally but Iv already bet now so can’t change my bet :(
  • Options
    MaaaaaaarkMaaaaaaark Member Posts: 24
    Great stuff, thanks for this.
    I'm clueless with horses, but to me only a madman wouldn't be placing a £20 bet on the first race every day. There's literally nowt to lose.
    I'll defo be looking up your Naps league before each bet, cheers.
  • Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    for non horse betting people please be careful this promo ONLY COUNTS ON YOUR 1ST BET so you need to read the T&Cs 1st
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    Is there any minimum wagering requirement etc? Sounds to good to be true but will be getting involved if not!
  • Options
    jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
    edited March 2019
    First bet only.....so does that mean just once for the whole meeting? Or £20 a day. It's a bit ambiguous.
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    jimb0d1 said:

First bet only.....so does that mean just once for the whole meeting? Or £20 a day. It's a bit ambiguous.

first bet only on the first race each day
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Still looked ambiguous so I looked at the terms.

“This offer only applies to your FIRST CASH BET, on a horse that runs, placed on the 1.30 Cheltenham between 08:00 Friday 22nd February and 13.30 Friday 15th March.”

This is a one off free bet.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,036
    edited March 2019
    coo1-um said:

“This offer only applies to your FIRST CASH BET, on a horse that runs, placed on the 1.30 Cheltenham between 08:00 Friday 22nd February and 13.30 Friday 15th March.”

This offer is for the first race at Cheltenham (1.30pm) on EVERY DAY of the festival, Tuesday through Friday.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    SidV79 said:

coo1-um said:

This offer is for the first race at Cheltenham (1.30pm) on EVERY DAY of the festival, Tuesday through Friday.
    Hi Andy

I'm just done my first bet and choosing horses for the naps for the week and the site's info is a little misleading...at some places it says first bet on Tuesday and elsewhere it infers first race everyday but can't see anywhere it says every day? ( then again doesn't matter as I'm in Madrid from tomorrow so only placing a bet on tomorrow's race!)
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,036
    @madprof The offer is for each day of the Festival

• Options
    MaaaaaaarkMaaaaaaark Member Posts: 24
    I've placed the four bets already.

For each of the four selections, it clearly states
    'Money Back If You Lose As Cash - Non Runner No Bet'
  • Options
    doh!...anyways...

I don't do horse racing( some would say I don't do poker either, but that's another story)

Al Dancer 1330 day 1..that'll do

GL guys
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    madprof said:

SidV79 said:

coo1-um said:

Hi Andy

I'm just done my first bet and choosing horses for the naps for the week and the site's info is a little misleading...at some places it says first bet on Tuesday and elsewhere it infers first race everyday but can't see anywhere it says every day? ( then again doesn't matter as I'm in Madrid from tomorrow so only placing a bet on tomorrow's race!)
    It is definitely 1sr race of every day of the Cheltenham Festival (as Andy and others have said), and if your horse doesn't run, you can pick another one. I've already done my bets and on each betslip it says 'Money back as cash if you lose' so don't worry, SKY have to honour it
    I know it sounds too good to be true, but it genuinely is the best offer possible. Everybody should be having one bet on the first race of each day....... It's basically a 'Loss Leader' for SKYBET, and they then hope you stick with SKY for the rest of your bets.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

madprof said:

SidV79 said:

coo1-um said:

Hi Andy

It is definitely 1sr race of every day of the Cheltenham Festival (as Andy and others have said), and if your horse doesn't run, you can pick another one. I've already done my bets and on each betslip it says 'Money back as cash if you lose' so don't worry, SKY have to honour it
    I know it sounds too good to be true, but it genuinely is the best offer possible. Everybody should be having one bet on the first race of each day....... It's basically a 'Loss Leader' for SKYBET, and they then hope you stick with SKY for the rest of your bets.
    Hey Jizzer ( @MISTY4ME ) PM me some horses for the rest of the week...so I can ignore them and win some money!!
  • Options
    madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

madprof said:

SidV79 said:

coo1-um said:

Hi Andy

Hey Jizzer ( @MISTY4ME ) PM me some horses for the rest of the week...so I can ignore them and win some money!!
    OK...If I win tomorrow, I'll roll the bet over to Wednesday...
  • Options
    More t&c

‘Refunds will be credited in equal amount to the value of the customer's stakes on qualifying (1) losing singles; or (2) the losing “win” part of each way bets, up to a maximum of £/€20.’

‘Max refund per customer / household / IP address / email address is £/€20.’

I would say this means max£20 ie £5/day for 4days or 1 £20 bet proceed with caution,
    Guess we will see.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2019
    coo1-um said:

More t&c

‘Refunds will be credited in equal amount to the value of the customer's stakes on qualifying (1) losing singles; or (2) the losing “win” part of each way bets, up to a maximum of £/€20.’

‘Max refund per customer / household / IP address / email address is £/€20.’

I would say this means max£20 ie £5/day for 4days or 1 £20 bet proceed with caution,
    Guess we will see.

If you bet say £20 win on the first race for each of the 4 days of the festival , then you will get back £20 as cash on all losing bets for that first race on EACH of the 4 days. The t&c 's above are just clarifying the maximum refund for each of the 4 races within the promo.
  • Options
    Where does it say EVERY DAY?

It quite clearly states FIRST CASH BET on the 13:30 between Tuesday and Friday. And max refund £20.

Good luck to all who bet all I am saying Thats how I read it I cannot see it saying each day.
    If you cannot afford to lose the second day then proceed with caution.
    it would say it on bets placed as nothing has been claimed back and the terms are quite clear about refund🤨

I am usually wrong anyway especially calling a shove on the river.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2019
    coo1-um said:

Where does it say EVERY DAY?

It quite clearly states FIRST CASH BET on the 13:30 between Tuesday and Friday. And max refund £20.

Good luck to all who bet all I am saying Thats how I read it I cannot see it saying each day.
    If you cannot afford to lose the second day then proceed with caution.
    it would say it on bets placed as nothing has been claimed back and the terms are quite clear about refund🤨

I am usually wrong anyway especially calling a shove on the river.

Max refund £/€20
    First bet only
    Win singles or win part of each way singles only
    Free bets and cashed out bets excluded
    Eligibility restrictions apply
    Further T&Cs
    This offer applies to the first race on each day of the Cheltenham Festival

The above copied and pasted from skybet.
  • Options
    Then I am sure you are correct.

Good luck