You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Forum Comp with Prizes - today, a great FA Cup game

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Doesn't make any difference to me ...but I think when it gets to the weekend stage of the comp , a lot of people will be well behind on points and a football match with pretty prohibitive odds might dissuade some from entering.
    If Saturdays was always a big horse race , then it would make things a lot more interesting , this could be put up the evening before, giving people plenty of time to select . Just my thoughts @Tikay10
  • Options
    spartathenspartathen Member Posts: 936
    Away
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    HOME
  • Options
    mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    home
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
    Draw
  • Options
    IkellyIkelly Member Posts: 1,374
    Draw
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    Home win
  • Options
    EdNoEdNo Member Posts: 1,033
    DRAW 23/10
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,316

Doesn't make any difference to me ...but I think when it gets to the weekend stage of the comp , a lot of people will be well behind on points and a football match with pretty prohibitive odds might dissuade some from entering.
    If Saturdays was always a big horse race , then it would make things a lot more interesting , this could be put up the evening before, giving people plenty of time to select . Just my thoughts @Tikay10

@dobiesdraw

Yes, point taken, & I certainly considered that. In fact if the Puppy Derby has been televised we would definitely have taken that route. I also considered that the Midlands Grand National starts relatively early (3.30 ish?), which is before many people get time to visit the Forum. The work-round to that of course is to let everyone know the day before, or earlier. In an ideal world, and if I were better organised, I suppose I should list all 7 events, day by day, on the Monday the Comp starts. Note "if I were better organised"......

In some ways it seems reasonable to, in a situation like this on Day 6, to "open it up" so that those without much chance of winning can get back in the mix. That's balanced by (trying to be) fair to those who have had a good week, got a great chance of winning, & would feel disadvantaged if we suddenly added a sort of "big odds" event.

Hard to know what is the right way to handle this.

If time permits we should start a separate thread to discuss this. (This exchange won't be seen by many, they just pop into the thread, place their bet & then leave).

I've certainly got a completely open mind as to how we improve things & appreciate all sensible suggestions. My goal is to get more entries, which could lead to bigger prizes, & as long as we are as fair as possible to all, I don't mind how we get there.

For sure, your suggestion would deffo rev the excitement up. Is it fair, though? If I were leading going into Day 6, I'm not sure I would agree. Of course, if it's made known in advance, then there can be no complaints.
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    edited March 2019
    Draw
    Got 7 0-0s today as part of a mad free bet winning giveback to sky bet.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Tikay10 said:

@dobiesdraw

Yes, point taken, & I certainly considered that. In fact if the Puppy Derby has been televised we would definitely have taken that route. I also considered that the Midlands Grand National starts relatively early (3.30 ish?), which is before many people get time to visit the Forum. The work-round to that of course is to let everyone know the day before, or earlier. In an ideal world, and if I were better organised, I suppose I should list all 7 events, day by day, on the Monday the Comp starts. Note "if I were better organised"......

In some ways it seems reasonable to, in a situation like this on Day 6, to "open it up" so that those without much chance of winning can get back in the mix. That's balanced by (trying to be) fair to those who have had a good week, got a great chance of winning, & would feel disadvantaged if we suddenly added a sort of "big odds" event.

Hard to know what is the right way to handle this.

If time permits we should start a separate thread to discuss this. (This exchange won't be seen by many, they just pop into the thread, place their bet & then leave).

I've certainly got a completely open mind as to how we improve things & appreciate all sensible suggestions. My goal is to get more entries, which could lead to bigger prizes, & as long as we are as fair as possible to all, I don't mind how we get there.

For sure, your suggestion would deffo rev the excitement up. Is it fair, though? If I were leading going into Day 6, I'm not sure I would agree. Of course, if it's made known in advance, then there can be no complaints.
    Yea , If i'd thought about it , I would have posted it on the original suggestions thread ...for anyone wanting to comment or post ideas going forward the thread can be found here >>>>>https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/174857/forum-comps-discussion-suggestion-thread
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    AWAY win
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited March 2019
    I thought maybe a correct score instead in the match might have been a good idea, and obviously people out of contention could have gone for a flyer and those near the top could have picked a more obvious correct score....... and it's easy to settle result too.
    Just a thought for the future 'coz I know how difficult the original tracking stats for people's choices must have been :#:s
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    Away please
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    DRAW please
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    HOME
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Away
  • Options
    MasoniReefMasoniReef Member Posts: 168
    Need to catch up too haha fair chance home team on a 6 match home unbeaten run so Home win please
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Away please.
  • Options
    tmc460tmc460 Member Posts: 1,571
    Home win please.