You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Formula 1, 2019 - chit-chat & betting.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119

Those who want to watch the race live, it's starts at 5.05 am tomorrow morning. Yup, not a typo, 5am on a Sunday morning.

I'll be up for it, or at least, that's the plan.
  • Options
    H3nryH3nry Member Posts: 39
    I'll be up, it's been 110 long days since the end of last season and this year we have an f1 thread to follow too.

Formula 1 is my favourite sport by a distance, I think this is because of the huge respect I have for the talent of the drivers. Granted the majority had a privileged upbringing but that shouldn't detract from their talent and sacrifices. They are as fit as a distance runner and as strong as weightlifter. They have to withstand huge g forces and doing all this while watching their weight like a jockey.

Then there are the cars. Things of sheer beauty and the pinnacle of engineering, a sport where every millisecond counts, 2 second pit stops for ****** sake. I was fortunate enough to be in the pit lane at silverstone a couple of years ago and it is literally blink and you miss it. I believe there are on average 600 people employed to put a car on the grid and then it is down to the drivers, now that is pressure in replicated I believe in any other sport.

F1 does have its problems and sources of frustration for me but on the whole I love it.
  • Options

Bottas wins easily, fastest lap too, Mecedes 1st and 2nd, Max 3rd, then Ferrari 4th and 5th.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The Sky Sports coverage seemed different (but not worse) without Ted Kravis, though if I were going to drop anyone from their crew it would be David Croft, or "Crofty" as everyone seems to want to call him. Way too patronising, condescending, and smug.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Not the most exciting race, by any means, but at least Bottas got one over Marmite Hamilton.

I thought Ted was meant to be back in the fold, after some earlier disagreements, but no sign of him all weekend.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,083
    Lots of money in F1.

So something of a surprise that Kubica appeared to be driving a Vauxhall Corsa...
  • Options

Not the most exciting race, by any means, but at least Bottas got one over Marmite Hamilton.

I thought Ted was meant to be back in the fold, after some earlier disagreements, but no sign of him all weekend.

I gather he will be doing a weekly show, "F1 Midweek Debrief".

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-on/Ted-Kravitz-will-host-the-new-show-F1-Midweek-Debrief/ba-p/2977282#
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Bump

What was that ending to Qualifying lmao
  • Options

Utter shambles.