You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Warning when Withdrawing!!

MrCoxyMrCoxy Member Posts: 234
Every time i withdraw some funds from my account i get this message flash up!! Any have any ideas on what this may be?

Comments

• Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    thin
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Got the same thing the other day. Pretty sure it's just a false positive.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I do my withdrawals through the download client and get the security alert pictured below pop up every time. It's been doing that for the last couple of months now but I've never had any problem arise from it (I just click 'yes' each time) and have put it down to another one of Sky's little software quirks.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    I'd love a warning when withdrawing 😋
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,400
    It's not a secure connection.

The address should be-

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/pmt

Not.

www.skypoker.com/secure/pmt

It's something to do with sky's SSL certificate, maybe it needs updating or the date changing.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    I get the same message every time I deposit.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2019
    Whether it's innocent or not , you would expect any normal site and their " reps " to address the issue, if nothing else , just to allay any prospective new players fears .
    But we are talking about sky .
    @Tikay10 Have you flagged this up to the office ?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

Hi @dobiesdraw

Yes, it's been passed up to the Office.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Be nice to hear what they have to say about it ...you know like , " Don't worry your withdrawals and deposits are perfectly safe , it's a certificate verification issue " ...you know something to allay peoples fears who might happen to read this , or experience these messages .
    Haven't deposited or withdrawn recently , but If I got that screen up and that message , I wouldn't be .
  • Options

I don't recall their exact words, but I was assured 100% by the right people in the Office that it is not a matter that players need to be concerned about.

For the record, withdrawals & deposits are as safe with Sky Poker & any of the SB&G & TSG sites as they have ever been.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I don't recall their exact words, but I was assured 100% by the right people in the Office that it is not a matter that players need to be concerned about.

For the record, withdrawals & deposits are as safe with Sky Poker & any of the SB&G & TSG sites as they have ever been.

Ok , so would be nice then to know exactly why people are experiencing these screens/messages and why . Plus is it affecting everyone at the moment or just people using a certain browser ? And how many people who don't read this forum , who have experienced this might have been put off depositing or withdrawing as a result .
    That screen doesn't come up for no reason , it would be nice to know what the reason is ...might even save some people from not depositing on here if they knew .
  • Options

That's all the information I have to hand.

If any players are still concerned, I would suggest they contact Customer Care.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,400
    edited May 2019
    Ive never had this screen come up when ive withdrawn so to demonstrate I've recorded it.
    https://youtu.be/m-fjSXWzEPQ
    I must say, I sh1t myself when it happened

• Options
    It's something that the " suits " should address on here , plain and simple .
    Not really good enough to just say that deposits and withdrawals are safe without explaining why people are experiencing this .
  • Options
    MrCoxyMrCoxy Member Posts: 234
    I agree with Dobbie. For the size of the company it is run by you would think something should be done about it.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Cause
    Generally, this issue occurs when the URL that you are trying to access is not listed in either the Subject or the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate for the website. Although different organizations' configurations may differ slightly, this issue typically occurs because the organization's Autodiscover Domain Name System (DNS) records are configured incorrectly.

^ That May mean something to someone ( prob spelt sky wrong 😊)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    tomgoodun said:

Cause
    Generally, this issue occurs when the URL that you are trying to access is not listed in either the Subject or the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate for the website. Although different organizations' configurations may differ slightly, this issue typically occurs because the organization's Autodiscover Domain Name System (DNS) records are configured incorrectly.

^ That May mean something to someone ( prob spelt sky wrong 😊)

Whatever the reason is ...sky should address it appropriately . It's not good for a) the company or b) for customer confidence ( whether justified or not ) just ignoring it .
    If I experienced this screen whilst on deposit or withdrawal , I'd be hitting the " get me out out of here " button , faster than a squirrel up a tree .
    A simple response from the suits as to why it's happening is all that's required .
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    I have always been concerned.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,261
    Probably doesnt affect most of us. You gotta win before you can withdraw lol.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited May 2019

Probably doesnt affect most of us. You gotta win before you can withdraw lol.

:D

I have been quite fortunate recently and had to withdraw some funds, and when the Red Dangerous Site screen comes up, it is quite alarming I must admit, but I do trust SKYBET and SKYPOKER, and most of all anything TiKay says.... (He could bluff me so easily! :) ),

but for people who aren't as familiar with the site, especially in these days of so much cyber crime, SB&G have to understand that their customers are very concerned, because this screen has only just started appearing, and maybe coincedentally, started around the same time as the problems with the Tourney Lobby's and the Adobe update.

By the way, the Tourney Lobby issues seem to have been cured going on tonight's play.

Thanks Team :)