You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Stack Builder Result & £4,000 Vegas package winner - & we see a really thrilling finish.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

The 3rd of the Stack Builder Freerolls, with the winner getting a £4,000 Vegas Package, took place last night, & what a thriller it was.

For the first time, the biggest starting stack won, whilst 2nd & 3rd started with 3,724 & 2,634 respectively.

And what a finish ensued.

Here's how they stood with just 3 left......

@kapowblamz 222296

@cpfc_2010 221874

@miniman88 201116

Hard for it to have been much closer.

Comments

• Options

@cpfc_2010 & @miniman88 then got it all-in (sorry, I missed the hand), with @cpfc_2010 winning to give him the advantage heads-up;

@cpfc_2010 369990

@kapowblamz 275296

• Options

Kapow then won a few hands before it all went in, with @cpfc_2010 looking good with, I think, K-8 v the Q-9 of Kapow, but a Q high board sent the chips across to Kapow.

Very unlucky for @cpfc_2010, but fair play to kapow who moaned it in wonderfully after he had seconditis in various Vegas promos over the last month or two.

Really good Promo this, well done to all who took part, & to Sky Poker for coming up with what is a fairly original concept, & one which gives almost anyone a shot at winning.

Next stop Vegas....

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Great comp, TK...WD to Sky for the range of options to win a seat..hope you all have a great time!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Tikay10 said:

@cpfc_2010 & @miniman88 then got it all-in (sorry, I missed the hand), with @cpfc_2010 winning to give him the advantage heads-up;

@cpfc_2010 369990

@kapowblamz 275296

I believe (though i wasn't watching) that this hand involved far weaker hands than the last hand.

@miniman88 got it in with the optimistic KK, and was insta-called by the monster that is A9...
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Agree with @madprof great range of chances to get a Vegas package. Well done to @kapowblamz definitely deserved a package after coming close a few times. Good luck in Vegas
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

@cpfc_2010 369990

@kapowblamz 275296

I believe (though i wasn't watching) that this hand involved far weaker hands than the last hand.

@miniman88 got it in with the optimistic KK, and was insta-called by the monster that is A9...
    I think there was a raising war and cpfc called off the 6bet all in with A9.
  • Options

A SIX bet?

Is that even a thing?

I once backraised someone. Long time ago, mind.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Tikay10 said:

A SIX bet?

Is that even a thing?

I once backraised someone. Long time ago, mind.

I thought you were found Not Guilty :)
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    YESSSS. Moaned that right in indeed. I've never even left Europe before so this is a big leap for me.

We plan on visiting some other places after the 13th. Perhaps hire a car, drive it half way across America and then dump it at a different car lot. I've heard you can do this?

Any recommendations on where to visit? I might want to drive away from the heat by the time the 13th arrives.

Any idea if booking a flight that goes to Vegas, probably from Manchester, and then returning from a different airport miles away will cost much different than a normal return?
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    Sorry to disappoint but the A9 v KK hand played out a little differently than has been reported.

I was in the BB with A9 and the SB limped, I shoved and was obviously called by KK.

As it turns out I "done a Bates" and hit a 3 outer.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    congrats played great poker all night as was sharing a table majority of the mtt
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Many Congratulations @kapowblamz . Look forward to meeting you in Vegas.
    I am lucky to have a niece who travels all over the world who has sorted my flights, she did it all on the internet checking various different travel sites. Kayak, hotels.com , trip advisor and a few other I can’t remember. Hope this helps.
    Nick
  • Options

YESSSS. Moaned that right in indeed. I've never even left Europe before so this is a big leap for me.

We plan on visiting some other places after the 13th. Perhaps hire a car, drive it half way across America and then dump it at a different car lot. I've heard you can do this?

Any recommendations on where to visit? I might want to drive away from the heat by the time the 13th arrives.

Any idea if booking a flight that goes to Vegas, probably from Manchester, and then returning from a different airport miles away will cost much different than a normal return?

Hey

WP! If it was me going, with a bit of a nature thang rather than too many cities- I would drive up the west side of Death Valley>Yosemite then cut across to San Jose( whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa , whoa, whoa, whaaaoooo...) but more importantly up to San Francisco- Golden gate with Carl and Alcatraz a must, then back down to Monterey Bay, past Palm beach golf(10 mile drive) and down the 66 mile 'Big Sur' (check it's open all the way, they had a landslide a year or so ago and a section was blocked) call into Santa Barbara with Mexican influences and Goorin Bros hat shop-TK will get that-all the way down to Malibu> Santa Monica> Venice Beach (aka Muscle beach, where I spend my days beefing up) and then anywhere in Los Angeles!

That would save trekking thousands of miles across country- trust me a lot of boring road miles in between ...seeing mostly California but hey, the most beautiful of states, with the option then to continue down to San Diego> then into Mexico if you have time with the option to fly back from LA ( Norwegian airlines is who we normally fly with - from Gatwick but 'think' they fly our of Manc...new planes, great service and relatively cheap...wish it was me going again- crazy place!- Enjoy!!
  • Options
    miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Yeh it was kk vs a7, echos of "Vegas and the **** mirage" could be heard....then the ace spiked and it was Blackpool and the fairy lights for mini haha ggs
  • Options
    Great post @madprof .

We're pretty much going to do exactly what you've said! Grab a car from airport hire on 13th and make our way over to LAX over the course of a week or so. Will there be motels we can stop at at regular intervals?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Congrats @kapowblamz, really pleased to see you finally bag a seat on the plane after all the runner-up spots.

Vegas is utterly mind-boggling and I have no doubt you'll have a blast :)
  • Options

Great post @madprof .

We're pretty much going to do exactly what you've said! Grab a car from airport hire on 13th and make our way over to LAX over the course of a week or so. Will there be motels we can stop at at regular intervals?

Lots but we use an app called hotel tonight...on the day you need a room, look up the area you want to stay and you get good quality hotels at motel prices....
  • Options
    Fantastic advice. So we're grabbing a car on 13th and using hotel tonight whilst heading over to LAX via Yosemite and such.
  • Options
    Have a great time..soooo jealous! Say hello to Jizzer ( @MISTY4ME ) when you eventually meet up-good guy but DON'T share a room with him...no sleep
  • Options
    I'll be using a Revolut card to save on fees. My current account fees are pretty grim. £1.25 +2.75% per transaction.

If anyone knows anything better than Revolut then do tell.