You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

50,000 sit n go/mtt tournaments completed on Sky

JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
I noticed today after my session that I passed the 50,000 games played on Skypoker today! @Tikay10 what do I win?! o:)

A whopping $53,393 in rake!

If anyone has any questions on anything skypoker/sit n go/DYM strategy/MTT fire away, im in a helping happy mood (makes a change).

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Do you feel 68 is reflective of your ability?
  • Options

Do you feel 68 is reflective of your ability?

If that's what it is then that's what it is... I'm not sure how it's calculated tbh, it's strange that the lowest it goes to is 50 and not 0.

Overall it's 68, for mtt it's 81 and sit n go 67; I guess overall it's 68 as I play far more sit n go (dym) than anything else.
  • Options
    Also congrats to @johnmonty who has just reached 100,000 games!
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I can't imagine there are many in the whole world who have played over 50k games. Impressive!
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    What does a 'standard' session look like for you?
  • Options

I can't imagine there are many in the whole world who have played over 50k games. Impressive!

Actually I think you would be very surprised! Many multi tabling DYM-ers out there, particularly on other sites with software that doesnt crash!
  • Options

Traffic depending, it would look like 12 tables all plastered over my computer screen, with stakes of up to 33 pounds. At the moment in the evenings, it's mostly 5.50 and 11 pound DYM's and a couple of MTT's.

Standard session would be around 4-5 hours, sometimes more; if it goes really well, 100 pounds profit or so (without any mtt wins or counting C4P), standard would be 30-60 profit and bad could be anything up to 200 pounds gone.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    edited June 2019
    Jacquelyn said:

Also congrats to @johnmonty who has just reached 100,000 games!

Yes, well done him, though off the top of my head & without even thinking too much I can think or 5 or 6 players who have played north of 100,000 DYM's here. 1 player had over 76,000 DYM's here in a single year.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Jacquelyn said:

Traffic depending, it would look like 12 tables all plastered over my computer screen, with stakes of up to 33 pounds. At the moment in the evenings, it's mostly 5.50 and 11 pound DYM's and a couple of MTT's.

Standard session would be around 4-5 hours, sometimes more; if it goes really well, 100 pounds profit or so (without any mtt wins or counting C4P), standard would be 30-60 profit and bad could be anything up to 200 pounds gone.
    Thanks for answering :)

Question 2) How do you stay focussed for 5 hours playing fairly repetitive game types?

Eg. I play MTTs and never get bored due to all of the different tournament stages, payouts, structures, etc. Tried playing cash and 30mins into each session I'd be looking out of the window thinking about doing something else. How do you make yourself stay on track by hour 4 or 5 playing fairly 'samey' game types?
  • Options

Jacquelyn said:

Question 2) How do you stay focussed for 5 hours playing fairly repetitive game types?

Eg. I play MTTs and never get bored due to all of the different tournament stages, payouts, structures, etc. Tried playing cash and 30mins into each session I'd be looking out of the window thinking about doing something else. How do you make yourself stay on track by hour 4 or 5 playing fairly 'samey' game types?
    Funnily enough I find that I stay more focused if there is traffic and multi tables than if there isn't - I find 1/2/3/4 tables only too slow and boring whilst if there are lots of them I am 'busy' if that makes sense.

There is no getting away from final tabling an MTT - that's a great feeling especially when you win one, however the early stages of MTT are also quite boring.

I am very money motivated in that I want to turn a profit each and every game (not possible in poker) but that's what keeps me going I guess.

It's not easy mind, I get regular headaches, its hard to go to bed afterwards etc, but its worth it and fun too.
  • Options
    CWOOD10CWOOD10 Member Posts: 34
    Hi Jacuelyn do you play online poker full time? How much roughly to you make a month?
  • Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    Does that mean you are not calling people ''stupid Donks'' today which I note you called me the other day :smile:. Glad you are now in a better mood
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    That's some rather impressive volume.

As someone who hates DYM's, I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or feel sorry for you! :D

Out of interest, why do you play so few MTT's (comparatively)? You've mentioned that making money is a big motivating factor and your MTT ROI is impressively high.
  • Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    Who do you consider the best currently active regular DYM regs?
  • Options
    CWOOD10 said:

Hi Jacuelyn do you play online poker full time? How much roughly to you make a month?

Hi CWOOD,

No I don't actually.

I am very lucky in that my current career allows me a lot of time off in the summer; during which I play a lot of poker. Sky effectively gets a full time player for 8-12 weeks depending on my job.

On this site, only playing DYM and sporadic MTT's AND including C4P and priority status rakeback + promotions like the streak promo, I personally can make anything between 500 and 2000 pounds a month. Remember that's multi tabling 12 tables too. It's not easy and it's not as easy as it used to be either.
  • Options

That's some rather impressive volume.

As someone who hates DYM's, I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or feel sorry for you! :D

Out of interest, why do you play so few MTT's (comparatively)? You've mentioned that making money is a big motivating factor and your MTT ROI is impressively high.

Mostly due to time constraints and not being able to predict a steady income, also bank roll issues. I play them when I can :-)
  • Options
    hanlan123 said:

Who do you consider the best currently active regular DYM regs?

Good question, there are a few...

It's an interesting question, is the best the player that earns the most pounds/hour? Or the best ROI?

I would say myself that the best player is the one that makes the most money per hour spent on the computer - I would LOVE to know this stat, I don't think its available on ss anywhere and I assume Sky can't help with this one.

It's also hard to calculate because you have some players doing what I do but on the turbo's (I tend not to play these) and basically breaking even or even a small loss - but earning a lot in C4P and priority club rakeback.

I would probably say @Mayhem357 and @Jac35 are two of the best DYM regs.
  • Options
    frascatifrascati Member Posts: 76
    Is you chat ban still in place?i’ve Been missing you rants at me and the others,I find them amusing.

Do you play with your own money?
  • Options
    frascati said:

Is you chat ban still in place?i’ve Been missing you rants at me and the others,I find them amusing.

Do you play with your own money?

Glad you find them amusing Frascati! I put myself on a chat ban this week to fully concentrate on the tables. Yes, I play with my own money.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    I was going to congratulate you on your milestone until you shoved that 9 6 off and of course hit about 10 minutes ago. Obviously a rng setting through the roof lol.

No in all seriousness very impressive stats.

Yours in poker