You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Stars

Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481

Hi all

It’s been a while since we’ve had any updates on the future of Sky.

It’d be great if there was any news that it might be shared with us.

Obviously I’d like it to remain in its present form and I’m continuing to play on here. I’ve also started looking at other sites too just in case I wake one morning and I see a similar screen when I log on to what i saw on Full Tilt all those years ago.

It’d really help if we knew some timescales

@Sky_SamT @tikay1 @SkyJames

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    It's such an awesome usp having a UK only site. A usp that will be thrown in the bin should the sky's player pool just be merged with stars.

That said, I don't want to fear monger... Let's just hope for a miracle.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    I’ve tried to play stars...not for me ... so if they merge as suspected...it’s unibet for me from then on..pity as the sky poker family is a great format
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320

Guys,

I'm a little busy right now, but I'll reply later this weekend, or on Monday.

Bear with me please.

• Options

Afternoon Chaps.

@Jac35 @kapowblamz @madprof

There has been no update as, at present, there is nothing to report, they are still evaluating the various options.

As many of you have speculated, there are only two credible options, and please be assured, at this stage, no decision has been made. And I know many of you seem to think it might fall badly, but from what I know, its pretty much a flip at the moment, so please don't assume anything.

When will the decision be made? Well dates tend to move, usually backwards, & it's already gone back a few times, but there's every chance it will be within the next 2 weeks. Don't hang me if it's not, but that's a genuine timescale direct from the horses mouth a few days ago. Personally, I'd rather they took their time & made the right decision than rush a decision that many might not like.

One thing is certain, whatever decision they make many will not like, or at least some parts of it. That's the nature of Online Poker & as poker players, we want what we want & nothing else satisfies us.

When they have made the decision, I imagine it will be @Sky_SamT who comes on here for the reveal, that one is way above my pay grade.

And no, you won't log in one morning & suddenly find Sky Poker has been re-branded Full Tilt style. You'll know way in advance of their plans (or that's my strong assumption).

Also, bear in mind that any form of transition - & there WILL be some form of transition required - has a lengthy gestation, these things generally take months rather than weeks. So I expect it'll be a while yet before too much happens.

Anyway, that's how I see things, based on what they have told me.

As the saying goes, watch this space.

• Options

Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

The only reason I have not appraised you all lately is because there has been no solid news, it's still being discussed.

Soon as any decisions have been made, you will know. Promise.
  • Options
    TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    Tikay10 said:

there are only two credible options

That being integrated into stars pool or not?
  • Options
    TWRAMYEP said:

Tikay10 said:

Hi @TWRAMYEP

I don't think I should elaborate further than I already have on that, to be fair.

We'll all know quite soon though.

Not trying to be evasive, I really want to pass on all the info I can so you guys can be aware, but you'll have to join up those particular dots for yourself for a week or two more, if you get my drift.
  • Options
    Anyone care to speculate on the possible two options Tikay is referring
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    No, I think we should just do as he asks and wait for the news to break.
    In my experience speculation just leads to panic,misunderstandings, arguments and finger pointing.
    No point in worrying about something none of us has any control over.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    pompeynic said:

No, I think we should just do as he asks and wait for the news to break.
    In my experience speculation just leads to panic,misunderstandings, arguments and finger pointing.
    No point in worrying about something none of us has any control over.

Completely agree.
    Any speculation that those 2 options are:-

1. Stars runs it without any input from Sky, and no-one has a clue how that might work; and
    2. Stars decides to close it

Would be, I'm sure, both wildly inaccurate and unfair. And there is no point worrying, as none of us has any control over this.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,026
    This may be a stupid question but if the worst was to happen then I assume there will be plenty of notice and our money will be safe?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    waller02 said:

This may be a stupid question but if the worst was to happen then I assume there will be plenty of notice and our money will be safe?

There is no "worst" Ryan, Sky Poker are not going away, Sky Poker will continue & your money remains as safe as it ever was.

"Notice" won't be required, as they are not going away, but if you prefer not to stay here once the changes are decided & implemented, you can withdraw your money at any point.

As I noted earlier, any transition has a long gestation. Everyone will be informed before it happens, & it will take months rather than weeks to implement, no matter what scenario they decide upon.

Bear in mind that money in your account at Sky Poker is, in effect, valid right across SB&G, as they have a common wallet.

TSG & SB&G are probably the world's largest Online Gaming group, they are definitely not going to be playing ducks & drakes with players cash balances.
  • Options
    better learn them spin & gos
  • Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    Tikay, I can't thank you enough for all you do on Sky Poker and how open you are. The next time I see you in Vegas (hopefully next year if you are there) I'll be sure to come over and have a good chat. At that stage I hope Sky Poker is still going strong as it is now and not merged into PokerStars.
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Tikay10 said:

TWRAMYEP said:

Tikay10 said:

but you'll have to join up those particular dots for yourself for a week or two more, if you get my drift.
    Hi Tikay,

Anymore news on this whole thread at all please?

Haven't really been playing this last week or so.
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

TWRAMYEP said:

Tikay10 said:

but you'll have to join up those particular dots for yourself for a week or two more, if you get my drift.
    Hi Tikay,

Anymore news on this whole thread at all please?

Haven't really been playing this last week or so.
    @Jacquelyn

No, no further news yet.

As soon as any solid news is available, players will be made aware on the Forum.

In the near-term, I don't expect much to happen, think it will be BAU for a while yet.
  • Options
    Mayhem357 said:

Tikay, I can't thank you enough for all you do on Sky Poker and how open you are. The next time I see you in Vegas (hopefully next year if you are there) I'll be sure to come over and have a good chat. At that stage I hope Sky Poker is still going strong as it is now and not merged into PokerStars.

@Mayhem357

Hi mate,

Sorry, only just seen this.

Thank you very much, that really means a great deal to me.

Fingers crossed we can hook up in Vegas next year.

Hope you & yours are well.
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Hi All,

I saw a racing post article saying that now the group that own paddy power/betfair have just taken over Star Group (who had just bought out Skybet).

So just to confirm Tikay, that there is now a second takeover and one assumes a much bigger further delay to any changes?
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Hi All,

I saw a racing post article saying that now the group that own paddy power/betfair have just taken over Star Group (who had just bought out Skybet).

So just to confirm Tikay, that there is now a second takeover and one assumes a much bigger further delay to any changes?

@Jacquelyn

Hi,

As Angmar2626 helpfully indicated, everything that is so far known as to the proposed takeover of TSG (including Sky Bet & Sky Poker) by Flutter (aka Paddy Power/Betfair) is on the thread he linked to, which, for avoidance of doubt, is here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/176633/business-as-usual-at-sky-poker

"So just to confirm Tikay, that there is now a second takeover and one assumes a much bigger further delay to any changes?"

I'll reply to that on the main thread, as I'd prefer to keep all the feedback & replies in one place, so that everyone can better find it & comment as they see fit.
This discussion has been closed.