You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bon Voyage, bye-bye Boxster & hello Meika Joy.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
edited August 2019 in Poker Chat
I'm not giving away any secrets if I remind everyone that @Boxster will be taking a break from Sky Poker as he is heading off to Australia on Wednesday, & it'll be a good while before he returns to the UK.

The guy has been such a great Community Member, he runs or helps run all sorts of Comps, & as is the nature of life these days he rarely gets any thanks.

As it happens, I deal with him via e-Mail on various bits & bobs, & he's a pleasure to deal with, never had a single problem.

Away from all that, he's just a proper bloke, does not get rude with folks on here & tries to go through life by respecting others.

He's going to try & keep in touch with us all via the Forum, assuming there are no Geo-Location barriers in place due to Gaming Regulations.

From me, a big thank you to David, & I hope a few others will show their gratitude too.

Comments

• Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Have fun, mind he snakes and spiders!
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Have a great time in the wonderful land of Aus.

• Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    Thank you. Kind words and I have enjoyed doing the various poker leagues.

Replacements are in place for the spreadsheets. Good old @SidV79 is taking the reigns.

Bought my one way ticket and depart, as Tony has said, on Wednesday . Flying via Hong Kong and just heard they have closed the airport and all flights cancelled due to a protest. Hopefully back open on Wednesday. :/

I will keep in touch on the forum definitely.

Due to be a granddad, due this week in fact, so he/she may be waiting for MY arrival :)

Looking forward now to Aus and being 'retired'.

Hopefully SKY will still be in it's present form when I am back (within 1 year due to 12 month visa requirements) But the long term plan is 6 months there and 6 months here :)

All the best to all the players at SKY I have played online and met at SPT's.

Boxy (David)

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited August 2019
    Good luck David. Hope you have a great time down under.
    Pad
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Good luck @Boxster, have a great time and thanks for all your efforts running the Orfy, Dtd etc over the years.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Good luck David, best of luck down under!

Thanks for all your hard work running the Orfy league! B)
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Box, remember what Australian is for foreplay(might be useful?)

"Brace yourself Sheila!.." Have a great time
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Good Luck with everything David. You will be missed round here.

Leaving @SidV79 in charge??...are you mad?? ;)
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    Gl boxy ;) safe travels xx
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Good luck @Boxster thank you for the leagues you have run or helped run good luck in Aus'.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    All the best out in Australia David.

See you at the tables when you get back. (hopefully)
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Hope you and family have a great time in Australia
    Thanks for all your work in the forum.
    Being a grandparent is fab.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    I echo all the thoughts above have a great time and enjoy your retirement
    Appreciate everything you've done on the forum
    Best wishes David
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Thanks for running the orfy boxter its one of my favourite tournys good luck in your new adventure
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    Firstly thank you all for your kind words. Missing the Orfy tonight :(

Well I am here (eventually) in the not so sunny Australia. They do have winters contrary to peoples thinking and is fact peeing it down and quite cold. But soon be summer :)

They tell me it’s the worst weather today this winter and it is since I arrived??? :/ I do run bad sometimes lol

Well I nearly didn’t make it, my visa requirement was I had to arrive by 16th August (today) and 18 hours before departure my flight to Hong Kong was expected to be cancelled due to the widely publicised demonstrations that caused chaos in the airport.

So had to book an alternative flight and managed to get an Emirates flight via Dubai costing me twice the cost of my cancelled price and admin cancellation fees, told you I run bad!

At that stage I didn’t care, just had to get here. Anyway the flight was good if you can call 18 hours in an aeroplane, economy class good.

Grand child is definitely going to be here this weekend as my daughter will be induced tomorrow. Don’t know the sex of the baby so exciting and worrying times all mixed in to one.

Good luck all at and away from the tables

Boxy

Ps The Hong Kong flight didn’t get cancelled after all and departed on time .... sigh
  • Options

^^^

All sorts of run-bad there David, but it'll be a run-good weekend, I'm quite sure.
  • Options

Brace yourself, wonderful news incoming.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I received this e-Mail from David @Boxster this morning;

"My run bad has turned and now a proud grand parent to a beautiful perfect baby girl, Meika Joy. She waited for me to get here".

• Options
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Great news. Makes that long journey so worthwhile. Congratulations David & all the family. Just carnt believe you didnt persuade the parents on the name....Porsche ;)