You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How to post a hand in BBV

2»

Comments

• greendazgreendaz Member Posts: 10
    Your just reading from a standard line though and being pretty basic. The villain in question is prepared to stack-off with ATo so close to the final without any consideration for a concealed big hand...its just lets jam 12k for a 1k win and if I'm wrong because I don't think the game through then WTF it was only an £11 game, and that unfortunately is the mentality. As far as saying good players don't limp with big hands from early 6 handed then I would have to say your being very naive.

Good players will certainly mix-it-up from early with big holdings on 6 handed tables, you have to take risks short handed with big holdings sometimes in order not to lose business and create a nice pot...if we all play super-standard all of the time then the game would go stale in my humble opinion. Again, maybe I'm deluded :)
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    Matt Bates not good player confirmed
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Just giving my opinion, apologies for me being pretty basic and naive.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813
    MattBates said:

Just giving my opinion, apologies for me being pretty basic and naive.

;)
    greendaz said:

Your just reading from a standard line though and being pretty basic. The villain in question is prepared to stack-off with ATo so close to the final without any consideration for a concealed big hand...its just lets jam 12k for a 1k win and if I'm wrong because I don't think the game through then WTF it was only an £11 game, and that unfortunately is the mentality. As far as saying good players don't limp with big hands from early 6 handed then I would have to say your being very naive.

Good players will certainly mix-it-up from early with big holdings on 6 handed tables, you have to take risks short handed with big holdings sometimes in order not to lose business and create a nice pot...if we all play super-standard all of the time then the game would go stale in my humble opinion. Again, maybe I'm deluded :)

Out of interest, given good players limp strong hands and the bounty is there for the taking, would this not be a great spot to raise?
  • greendazgreendaz Member Posts: 10
    greendaz said:

Hi

Pretty basic response
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Given how the hand started (2 limpers and a bounty to be had) I think the shove with A 10 is fine. IF however you had raised pre then, in all probability, the A 10 wouldn't have come along, you may have ended up against the 10 10 and the small stack in which case you win a big pot, and a bounty and lose a small pot to the small stack.

IMO it's very rare to see the good players limp with AA in that spot, with a bounty at stake, it's just asking for trouble, as there's a chance it becomes a 'family pot' and then your chances of winning the bounty go down dramatically.

p.s. If you make the player note that Matt Bates is pretty basic and very naive be prepared to amend that player note in the future.