You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Forum Comp Day 7, Sunday - Horse Racing, 5.20 @ Fontwell

13»

Comments

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Whatcolourishe please
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    fayette please
  • Options
    tmc460tmc460 Member Posts: 1,571
    Libbdan please.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029
    Whatcolourishe, please
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,664
  • Options
  • Options

RESULT;

1st Shantou Sunset @ 8/1

2nd Libbdan @ 11/4

3rd Rosie Picture @ 5/1
  • Options

Once again, @mumsie has stepped up to the plate & helped me with a spready that auto settles the selections & sorts the League, so instead of taking me an hour, & often with wrong results, it now takes just seconds. I literally tick a few boxes, then Cut & Paste. Next, I have to learn how to set it up each day, taking into account the precious days results. Mere detail.....

By the bye, don't be shy if you think I've settled your bet or League position incorrectly, just holler.
  • Options

We had 5 winners on the 8/1 shot Shantou Sunset, as follows;

@1981MATT

@belsibub

@goldnballz

@K0BAYASHl

@waller02
  • Options

So the end result - if accurate - is a close a finish as we've ever had, three entries flashed across the line together;

@waller02 £15.93
    @millwise11 £15.68
    @belsibub £15.50
    @mondo1985 £12.43
    @lfccarl £8.68
    @engy £8.10
    @MISTY4ME £7.68
    @tmc460 £6.93
    @goldnballz £6.50
    @KOBAYASHI £4.75
    @Duesenberg £3.75
    @pompeynic £2.68
    @edrich £1.10
    @1981MATT £1.00
    @MAXALLY £0.10
    @NoEa5yCa5h £0.08
    @SidV79 -£1.07
    @TheEdge949 -£1.07
    @Brrrrrrr -£1.50
    @lufc333 -£1.50
    @ikelly -£1.65
    @mumsie -£2.15
    @eon1961 -£2.50
    @rearender -£3.67
    @tai-gar -£3.67
    @EdNo -£3.77
    @glencoelad -£4.25
    @68Trebor -£5.40
    @bbMike -£5.40
    @Essexphil -£5.40
    @freeatlast -£5.40
    @Glenelg -£5.40
    @gpc70 -£5.40
    @safc71 -£5.40
    @taylor00 -£5.40
    @Tikay10 -£5.40
    @zadoc -£5.60
    @dragon1964 -£8.00
    @EvilPingu -£8.00
    @FCHD -£8.00
    @fredsgirl -£8.00
    @HANSON -£8.00
    @HENDRIK62 -£8.00
    @johnjoe81 -£8.00
    @jwrighty -£8.00
    @madprof -£8.00
    @MattBates -£8.00
    @mkgunner -£8.00
    @rabdeniro -£8.00
    @Red_King -£8.00
    @Snuffer -£8.00
    @Summers119 -£8.00
    @Telmison74 -£8.00
    @wrongjohn1 -£8.00
    @wynne1938 -£8.00

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    edited September 2019
    Never in doubt.....

How close though! 43p between top 3, as close as it gets.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    So, subject to any objections or errors coming to light, the provisional result has the top 3 covered by less than 10 bob.

Prizes, if those results stand, would be as follows;

WINNER - @waller02 who wins a £33 Main Event seat for Wednesday

2nd - @millwise11 who wins an £11 Mini Major seat for next Sunday.

3rd - @belsibub who wins a £5.50 Mini seat on Wednesday.

Congrats to all three, & thank you to everyone who supported the Forum Comp this week.

Some day soon, PokerStars, who own the shop now, will take a look at this Forum & make a decision as to whether it's worth keeping. If we have a busy, active & interesting Forum it'd be hard to remove it. So your support of this Comp, & generally being active Forum Users & Thread Starters, is very important.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Tikay10 said:

So, subject to any objections or errors coming to light, the provisional result has the top 3 covered by less than 10 bob.

Prizes, if those results stand, would be as follows;

WINNER - @waller02 who wins a £33 Main Event seat for Wednesday

2nd - @millwise11 who wins an £11 Mini Major seat for next Sunday.

3rd - @belsibub who wins a £5.50 Mini seat on Wednesday.

Congrats to all three, & thank you to everyone who supported the Forum Comp this week.

Some day soon, PokerStars, who own the shop now, will take a look at this Forum & make a decision as to whether it's worth keeping. If we have a busy, active & interesting Forum it'd be hard to remove it. So your support of this Comp, & generally being active Forum Users & Thread Starters, is very important.

Do we read anything into this?
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    #runlikewaller ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @68Trebor.

"Some day soon"?

Ha, well yes & no.

At present, they have not touched Sky Poker, but eventually they will get involved for sure, & discussions are currently taking place as to how things will pan out. For sure, the existing Sky Poker software has passed it's sell-by date, so something has to be done.

And when they do, one thing they will clearly consider is "do we need a Forum?" In my view, we can help keep Sky Poker's identity if we have a Forum. I'd also add that, to the best of my knowledge, Sky Poker will always exist in some form or another, it won't be going away.

So I'm determined to do my best to keep this Forum fresh & active, with plenty of posters. If we can do that, there is more likelihood that they will keep it.

This is not "official", it's just how I read it. I certainly don't see much happening on the Customer-facing side for a while yet.

As a bit of background, in the year to February, the number of Posts, Threads & Views dropped alarmingly, so after a nudge from the Suits, I made a concerted effort between February & June to make the forum more active, & it worked very well, with most KPI's more than doubling. Then I headed over to Vegas for a few weeks, & when I got back I was not feeling too great, took my foot off the gas, & it dropped off a fair bit. So I'm back on the campaign trail now, trying to rev it up & get more players to use it regularly.

That's the top & bottom of it, but I'm happy to field any questions you or others may have.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    I'm all for a software change, I just hope and pray that we aren't merged into Pokerstars.
    I hope we remain a UK only site so at worst we become Pokerstars UK or something.

It's the not knowing that's the worst bit.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Would it be worth considering running a 'Forum Open' MTT once a week. Modest Buy-in, say a Tenner. Password available only on The Forum. A thread dedicated to it where people can tell the story of their run good / run bad. Maybe get yourself, Sam, Ambo etc to play with an extra bounty on your head. Seen it used by Party on Twitch and it certainly seems to work and would create extra interest in The Forum.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    waller02 said:

I'm all for a software change, I just hope and pray that we aren't merged into Pokerstars.
    I hope we remain a UK only site so at worst we become Pokerstars UK or something.

It's the not knowing that's the worst bit.

@waller02

Tell me about it. I completely understand & share that that frustration, believe me. I try not to bother the Suits too much, & so I don't nag them every day "any news yet?" sorta thing, but when there's any firm news, I'm sure we'll all know it.

I do have a fair idea of the route they want to take, but if I say too much it only increases the speculation.

All I can say right now is that I'm very hopeful they will take the route which most of us find acceptable. For sure, whatever they do they won't please everyone, that's not possible.

I also believe that both Sky Poker & Pokerstars know that we have an extremely loyal bunch of players here, & it'd make no sense to alienate them more than necessary.

I'm genuinely hopeful it will work out OK.
  • Options
    68Trebor said:

Would it be worth considering running a 'Forum Open' MTT once a week. Modest Buy-in, say a Tenner. Password available only on The Forum. A thread dedicated to it where people can tell the story of their run good / run bad. Maybe get yourself, Sam, Ambo etc to play with an extra bounty on your head. Seen it used by Party on Twitch and it certainly seems to work and would create extra interest in The Forum.

@68Trebor

I like that idea. There are a few snags, but certainly worth having a look at.

I'll develop it a bit & then pass it Upstairs & see what they say.
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    @68Trebor think that's a great idea, would hopefully increase traffic on the forum