You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

UKOPS is back. Make a note in your Diary; 25th October - 3rd November

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Leaderboard? Oh yes, £6,600 worth of seats to the SPT Grand Final in November will be offered as prizes as follows;

Finish in the top 10 in the UKOPS Total Player Leaderboard to win a free seat worth £550 into the upcoming SPT Grand Final in Manchester on November 22-24. Finish top and win 2 seats.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Satellites will begin on 14th October & run for 3 weeks. The Target Event will vary from night to night as follows;

Monday 14th October UKOPS 60 - £30k Main Event 4 Seats
    Tuesday 15th October UKOPS 14 - £15k High Roller BH 3 Seats
    Wednesday 16th October UKOPS 60 - £30,000 Main Event 4 Seats
    Thursday 17th October UKOPS 60 - £30,000 Main Event 4 Seats
    Friday 18th October UKOPS 46 - £15k High Roller 3 Seats
    Saturday 19th October UKOPS 14 - £15k High Roller BH 3 Seats
    Sunday 20th October UKOPS 60 - £30,000 Main Event 4 Seats
    Monday 21st October UKOPS 27 - £15k High Roller 3 Seats
    Tuesday 22nd October UKOPS 14 - £15k High Roller BH 3 Seats
    Wednesday 23rd October UKOPS 60 - £30,000 Main Event 4 Seats
    Thursday 24th October UKOPS 02 - £15k Bounty Hunter 4 Seats
    Friday 25th October UKOPS 08 - £15k Bounty Hunter 4 Seats
    Saturday 26th October UKOPS 14 - £15k High Roller BH 3 Seats
    Sunday 27th October UKOPS 60 - £30,000 Main Event 4 Seats
    Monday 28th October UKOPS 27 - £15k High Roller 3 Seats
    Tuesday 29th October UKOPS 46 - £15k High Roller 3 Seats
    Wednesday 30th October UKOPS 60 - £30,000 Main Event 4 Seats
    Thursday 31st October UKOPS 46 - £15k High Roller 3 Seats
    Friday 1st November UKOPS 53 - £15k Bounty Hunter 4 Seats
    Saturday 2nd November UKOPS 60 - £30,000 Main Event 4 Seats
  • Options

Starting Monday October 7th, the Rewards Freeroll will offer UKOPS Seats as follows;

For 4 weeks the Reward Freerolls will be awarding £1100 in UKOPS seats on top of a £500 prize pool. That's an extra £600 in value every day.

Every day the top 2 placed finishers in the Reward Freeroll at 7.30pm will win a UKOPS entry worth £220. Places 3rd-8th will win a UKOPS entry worth £110. This on top of any cash prizes won as part of the £500 daily prize pool.

Please see the information on the Promo Page detailing which UKOPS events you can win a seat for each week:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/uk-online-poker-series
  • Options
    Please remember that you qualify for Rewards Freerolls a week in advance. So to be in the Rewards Freerolls w/c 7th October, you need to earn 50 points in the week that starts on Monday 30th September.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    FANTASTIC NEWS @Tikay10 :)

...... Something for everyone too, with lots of seats from the Rewards Freerolls. Thank you very much to all the Team at SKYPOKER for putting UKOPS on again.
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    Looking forward to UKOPs always good fun to play a few.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Exciting times
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Always love UKOPS and the buzz around it so really excited for this to happen!

That said (and I understand that the wheels are probably too far in motion for any changes), I can't be the only one who thinks the schedule has looked more interesting previously?

I don't mean in terms of big events and big guarantees as all of those are there :) I mean in terms of variety. As someone who is always on the 'well played Sky, great job' band wagon and who booked a week off work for UKOPS this time last year, I'm not just being negative for the sake of it, but the schedule does have the feel of one day of events being copied and pasted for the remaining days and a few changes added here and there to create the illusion of variety.

Obviously I have no data on any of these points so maybe there's a valid reason for not doing any of them, but all of these elements (except no.5) have been present in previous schedules so it's not just me coming up with whacky ideas from fantasy land:

1) No deepstacks or Megastack. Presume there's some participation data which has caused these to have been dropped but I think they helped avoid the monotony of all the 22 bounty hunters every night.

2) There are no reg speed 55s at all, just the stale turbo 55 at the end of every night.

3) No 33s at all, which I would guess is a popular price point since the daily Mains are mostly built around it and regular Sundays can afford to run a 33 and a 110 without them cannibalising one another. UKOPS normally has at least one 33 even just as more of a side event, right?

4) Only one 22r bounty hunter 'Avenger'-style Main. Think the first Friday usually has this as the main as well? I know there are other 22r's but the 10min blinds play pretty shallow compared to the usual Friday Avenger and will obviously be smaller fields compared to their main event counterparts.

5) Following on from the point above, way too many 110 Mains in general. Yes it's great that a 110 can run every night, but most nights look pretty samey. Could you not try for example, a 55 as a main? 33 rebuy/addon bounty hunter? 55 rebuy/addon bounty hunter? Some form of 1r1a?

On the other hand, the big events and guarantees look really great and I will be playing regardless and really looking forward to it! But as there's a chance this could be the last ever UKOPS :cry: is there nothing that could be done to make it a bit more varied, and a bit less rushed-looking?

Cheers
  • Options
    P.s. did notice a couple more 11r/addon Minis than usual which is a welcome change :)
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    MISTY4ME said:

FANTASTIC NEWS @Tikay10 :)

...... Something for everyone too, with lots of seats from the Rewards Freerolls. Thank you very much to all the Team at SKYPOKER for putting UKOPS on again.

I never thought I would ever agree with the Perranporth plonker ;)@MISTY4ME but yes! Great range of opportunities to join a great series of events, and again The Sky team have pulled it out of the bag! With tourneys for every level, already looking forward to it!!

Thanks
  • Options

Hi @Angmar2626

Basically, I think it's all down to what works best based on previous experience.

I'll most certainly pass it on to James though.

All feedback is appreciated, especially when it's done constructively & in good heart.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Hi @Angmar2626

Basically, I think it's all down to what works best based on previous experience.

I'll most certainly pass it on to James though.

All feedback is appreciated, especially when it's done constructively & in good heart.

Thanks Tikay :)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Always love UKOPS and the buzz around it so really excited for this to happen!

That said (and I understand that the wheels are probably too far in motion for any changes), I can't be the only one who thinks the schedule has looked more interesting previously?

I don't mean in terms of big events and big guarantees as all of those are there :) I mean in terms of variety. As someone who is always on the 'well played Sky, great job' band wagon and who booked a week off work for UKOPS this time last year, I'm not just being negative for the sake of it, but the schedule does have the feel of one day of events being copied and pasted for the remaining days and a few changes added here and there to create the illusion of variety.

Obviously I have no data on any of these points so maybe there's a valid reason for not doing any of them, but all of these elements (except no.5) have been present in previous schedules so it's not just me coming up with whacky ideas from fantasy land:

1) No deepstacks or Megastack. Presume there's some participation data which has caused these to have been dropped but I think they helped avoid the monotony of all the 22 bounty hunters every night.

2) There are no reg speed 55s at all, just the stale turbo 55 at the end of every night.

3) No 33s at all, which I would guess is a popular price point since the daily Mains are mostly built around it and regular Sundays can afford to run a 33 and a 110 without them cannibalising one another. UKOPS normally has at least one 33 even just as more of a side event, right?

4) Only one 22r bounty hunter 'Avenger'-style Main. Think the first Friday usually has this as the main as well? I know there are other 22r's but the 10min blinds play pretty shallow compared to the usual Friday Avenger and will obviously be smaller fields compared to their main event counterparts.

5) Following on from the point above, way too many 110 Mains in general. Yes it's great that a 110 can run every night, but most nights look pretty samey. Could you not try for example, a 55 as a main? 33 rebuy/addon bounty hunter? 55 rebuy/addon bounty hunter? Some form of 1r1a?

On the other hand, the big events and guarantees look really great and I will be playing regardless and really looking forward to it! But as there's a chance this could be the last ever UKOPS :cry: is there nothing that could be done to make it a bit more varied, and a bit less rushed-looking?

Cheers

The deepstacks always seem to struggle for numbers. No doubt its frustrating for the fans of them but if memory serves they historically are the games that don't meet the guarantees which are lower than the similar stake bh equivalent. With MTTs as numbers drop I think they are less appealing for players to enter. Less to win and when its FT only paid I think it can put off some players.

I get the idea of trying to get some daily consistency to the schedule with certain events but do agree some reg speed £55bh would be good.

Is it possible to have a £33bh maybe on the Saturday at 7.30? Could be outside the ukops schedule but maybe has a bracelet might give some options for people who cant afford the £110 mains.

Big fan of rebuy bh so would love to see more of them.

Do agree something different one night would be good instead of one of the £110bh.
  • Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 129
    Very much looking forward to UKOPS as always Tikay and am a big fan of Sky in general but I have to agree with everything Angmar has brought up about the schedule. As someone who will probably play the majority of it, it would be nice to see some more variety and to make it feel a bit more like a special tournament series.

Obviously you guys have the data and the experience of running ukops and I do not so some suggestions might not be feasible. Would love to see:
    1. Mains that aren't always a £110 entry. Some 33s/55s would be nice to mix it up and maybe make it more appealing for lots of casual players that want to play a main event but can't justify spending the money on the entry with the possibility of rebuys.
    2. Some reg speed 55s mixed in with the turbos
    3. Some kind of deepstack/freezeout? I realise these formats may not be as popular and hence the guarantee can't be as high but even with a lower gtd, it gives people an option and I presume it would still be semi-popular.
    As I said, think Sky do a great job overall but would be really cool to see if any changes could be made, big or small. See you in Notts :)
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I definitely agree with Angmars take on this years Ukops schedule but of course understand that some of those decisions are based on what gets bums on seats and guarantees met.

Probably my biggest disappointment was not seeing the return of the podium series which ran in the lead up to Ukops this time last year. Although it was nice to have some prizes to aim for, the thing I most enjoyed about the podium series was that it brought some much needed variety to an MTT schedule which feels really samey for the other 11 months of the year (even where that just involved temporarily altering the structure of some of the daily staples like the 7 at 7). On that basis, it would be great if we could still get another podium series at some point - even if the league tables were purely for bragging rights and no prizes were awarded :).
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    I may be seeing double but the schedule on the ptomotions page seems to have two schedules for Sunday November 3rd - I assume the latter is the correct one?
  • Options
    Sunday November 3rd
    Time Event Type Guarantee Buy in Blinds Stack Re Entry?
    19:00 52 PLO £2,000 £22 10 4000 1
    20:00 53 Bounty Hunter £10,000 £33 12 10000 Y
    20:30 54 Mini Bounty Hunter £5,000 £11 10 3000 Y
    21:00 55 Bounty Hunter £3,000 £22 10 3000 1
    22:00 56 Turbo Bounty Hunter £4,000 £55 7 5000 1
    23:00 57 Hyper Bounty Hunter £2,000 £22 5 3000 1
    Sunday November 3rd
    Time Event Type Guarantee Buy in Blinds Stack Re Entry?
    19:00 58 Bounty Hunter £8,000 £33 12 5000 Y
    19:30 59 Super High Roller £25,000 £530 15 10000 Y
    20:00 60 Main Event £30,000 £110 15 10000 Y
    20:30 61 Mega Mini Bounty Hunter £10,000 £11 10 3000 Y
    21:00 62 Bounty Hunter £4,000 £22 10 3000 1
    22:00 63 Turbo Bounty Hunter £4,000 £55 7 5000 1
    23:00 64 Hyper Bounty Hunter £2,000 £22 5 3000 1
  • Options
    Aha - it went wrong from the third day which is labelled as Monday instead of Sunday and so all the days and dates from then up until the first Sunday 3rd November are all a day out. Sack comms guy please.
  • Options
    SoLack said:

Aha - it went wrong from the third day which is labelled as Monday instead of Sunday and so all the days and dates from then up until the first Sunday 3rd November are all a day out. Sack comms guy please.

@SoLack

Blimey, I've no idea how that happened.

And yes, it looks like the first Sunday got missed & everything went wonky from there on in.

It'll be sorted tomorrow, apologies.
  • Options

@solack & all.

This has been corrected now.

A little bit of background as to "why?".

The schedule had been correct since it was first published, but some tinkering to it was done over the weekend & it was during that that the schedule played up & got a bit out of line.

So there it is.

GL in UKOPS.