You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Re-buy miss-click

thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
Just wondering if I’m the only numpty who rebuys into tournaments by mistake?

I managed to satellite into the £110 Summit BH last night. I wouldn’t normally buy in direct at this level. I went out just before the end of the re-buy period and quickly closed the table. Unfortunately I must have clicked on the rebuy button by mistake!! This is the second time I’ve done this so a slow learner.

Is it just me who’s done this or have others? If others have done it as well could SkyPoker consider adding a confirm button to the rebuy screen so that it takes two clicks to rebuy and reduce the chance of a miss-click?

Donald

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited October 2019
    I've done it too, and I am sure many others have.

A confirmation button would be good, it is really rough when this happens to someone, especially when it's nearly the end of late reg, so they don't have many BB's and it is so -EV and especially when it's a big buy in for an MTT that they would normally only satellite into.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    zero chance of a confirmation button being introduced
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,038
    MattBates said:

zero chance of a confirmation button being introduced

From a compliance point of view, I'd put this at nearer 100%
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,376
    In the terms and conditions.

The bolded part is the nearest i have found in the T&C.
    This situation looks like an "impossibility' or whatever the legal term is @Essexphil may know.

The wager can't be cancelled as the horse is in the process of bolting.
    If a hand wasn't played after the click that's arguably proof it's an error.

The customer care team should sort this , in my experience, they have always do.

13.3 It is Your responsibility to ensure that the details of Your bet or wager are correct. Once a bet or wager has been confirmed by us, You may not cancel or change it without our consent. If You've placed a bet or wager and wish to cancel or change it, please contact our Customer Care Team before the event has started and we will consider Your request, although any decision will be at our reasonable discretion.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,038
    mumsie said:

In the terms and conditions.

The bolded part is the nearest i have found in the T&C.
    This situation looks like an "impossibility' or whatever the legal term is @Essexphil may know.

The wager can't be cancelled as the horse is in the process of bolting.
    If a hand wasn't played after the click that's arguably proof it's an error.

The customer care team should sort this , in my experience, they have always do.

13.3 It is Your responsibility to ensure that the details of Your bet or wager are correct. Once a bet or wager has been confirmed by us, You may not cancel or change it without our consent. If You've placed a bet or wager and wish to cancel or change it, please contact our Customer Care Team before the event has started and we will consider Your request, although any decision will be at our reasonable discretion.

I agree with everything here.

I trust Sky Poker, and its staff, implicitly. This is not a case of Sky deliberately doing something shady, but the problem remains.

There is a glitch in the software. The rebuy is activated by you hitting the Return key. So, if you type in the chatbox "gl" or "nice catch" etc and then hit the Return key, this is taken as you have agreed to rebuy. This still holds even where the "rebuy" option has not yet appeared on your screen (although not if you have already clicked on the "No" option for a rebuy.

I don't see this as a major problem for me, or anyone who regularly plays the Mains. The last 2 times this happened to me I was aware that I could sit out and reclaim the money. I chose to continue (even though I hadn't intended to rebuy). I am sure that Sky would do everything they could to rectify any problems about which they were made aware.

But what of a Rec? They are not going to be aware that they could sit out. They may not be aware that they have rebought-Sky are not going to automatically know that someone didn't know they had rebought.

From any new owner's point of view, this is going to be a problem. It's not exactly a "savvy" bet, is it?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    Didn't someone misclick a rebuy a while ago now and then didn't play a hand after the misclick they got onto cc explained the situation and got refunded think it was haysie
    I've clicked rebuy by accident and just thought stuff it after a 5 minute mental and carried on
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    stokefc said:

Didn't someone misclick a rebuy a while ago now and then didn't play a hand after the misclick they got onto cc explained the situation and got refunded think it was haysie
    I've clicked rebuy by accident and just thought stuff it after a 5 minute mental and carried on

I know that Will @Hanson did this once and Sky were really good and sorted it for him
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    madprof said:

stokefc said:

I know that Will @Hanson did this once and Sky were really good and sorted it for him
    Yeah it could have been Will
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    it was a previous UKOPS I was waiting for my game to start and misty was in the £550 HR I opened the lobby for his game to get his table up to wish him luck i double clicked his table and ended up being registered for the £550 did not realise until 2 hands in then just sat out and hoped customer services would understand which to be fair they did got full refund following day …
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    thisltedu said:

I managed to satellite into the £110 Summit BH last night. I wouldn’t normally buy in direct at this level. I went out just before the end of the re-buy period and quickly closed the table. Unfortunately I must have clicked on the rebuy button by mistake!! This is the second time I’ve done this so a slow learner.

Is it just me who’s done this or have others? If others have done it as well could SkyPoker consider adding a confirm button to the rebuy screen so that it takes two clicks to rebuy and reduce the chance of a miss-click?

Donald

Hands up, I've done this as well, more than once.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    cpfc_2010 said:

thisltedu said:

Donald

Hands up, I've done this as well, more than once.
    Didn't you once misclick buy an island?
  • Options
    thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
    Thanks for the comments. I wasn't aware that I could sit out and ask CC to cancel my rebuy. I just treated it as my mistake which it was.

I'm certainly not suggesting anything underhand by Sky, just that mistakes are easy to make especially when you are frustrated at busting out and multi-tabling.

I didn't think there would be a legal problem with a second screen popping up after you click to re-buy saying 'you are about to re-buy, click here to confirm'.

Obviously in answer to my first question, I'm not the only numpty.