You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Are the teams dead?

ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
So I've been off sky poker for a while, recently returned for the DTD amongst other things. Checked my TPT thread, nothing new for ages. Then I realised all the team thread have been inactive for weeks. After playing the DTD, final tabling and winning one the other day (sneaky brag) I had no rail at all (not like the good old days) and neither did any of my opponents.

I still love the DTD games, and there are still maybe 2 dozen regs still playing, with Boxster and J3ono doing a sterling job and sky being the great hosts as always with the prizes. But I think the "team" element is all but done and dusted....

Comments

• ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    Guess the silence is my answer lol. Sad times.....
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    When I first joined Sky, I thought I'd like to join a team so put up an 'ask' and got no reply...now can't be ar sed to join a team
  • ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    madprof said:

When I first joined Sky, I thought I'd like to join a team so put up an 'ask' and got no reply...now can't be ar sed to join a team

It used to be worth it. Really active. Genuine rivalry, with healthly, friendly competition. Team meet ups. The forum even organised a live event or 2 when the SPT wasn't active. It was a really nice feature of playing on sky. It's very sad it seems to have gone. Although the DTD's are still fun and I think sky should be applauded for providing prizes. J3ONO has just posted, there is a SPT seat for Glasgow for the monthly prize. Amazing prize considering...
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Thought this for a long while very few posts now still like the Monday league but that seems to be dwindling as well.
  • Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    well I am up for starting a unofficial team, where we can work together etc and share stats and help each improve
  • FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    **** shame
  • FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    sorry about that i meant dam shame