You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

STAYORGO POKER TRAINING/COACHING WEBSITE

StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
edited November 2019 in Poker Chat
Hi guys.

I have created a Poker "training/coaching" website, the link is below and is free to use for anyone that is interested:

https://stayorgopoker.home.blog/

The short video below will give you an idea of what it is about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrWSjmi4Ae4

Feel free to provide feedback.

Best of luck at the tables

Cheers,

Graham

Comments

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Hi Graham,

Good luck with your new site and building a community.

Site looks good, easy to navigate through.

Just a thought, but seen as you have been making videos - why not drop RIO a line about making training videos for them - it would expand your audience and get you some money at the same time.

All the best with your new endeavour and at the tables.

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback Kev.

What is RIO?

TBH I am not really doing it for any financial gain, I just like doing this sort of stuff and enjoy seeing people I help progress.

The video quality (picture/sound/editing etc) isn't really good enough for it to be a formal thing.

Appreciate the feedback and recommendation though.

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Run It Once

The video quality of 1st video was good and looked totally normal.

One below that was a bit darker for some reason, but still not bad at all, sure it could be easily tweaked.

Maybe see you at the tables tonight.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    LARSON7 said:

Run It Once

The video quality of 1st video was good and looked totally normal.

One below that was a bit darker for some reason, but still not bad at all, sure it could be easily tweaked.

Maybe see you at the tables tonight.

Yeh the 2nd one was actually the first one I did which I did it on my laptop and the camera wasn't great on it. After that I did them on my phone.

I would want them to be more "professionally" done if I was ever to approach a site like Run It Once, but I will bear it in mind for the future.

Thanks again and hopefully see you at the tables.

I may not be playing tonight as I have been working on the website all night. I tend to go into overdrive when I get the bit between my teeth about something.

So I've gone from never creating a website or blog before to getting quite a lot of content on there :D

I was only aware of wordpress.com yesterday evening thanks to @PKRPar (AKA Craig) So have been cramming all the stuff in. I am sure I will learn more about formatting and various options on the site as I get more used to it, but just wanted to get the stuff "out there" for now,

All the best!
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Enjoyed the 1st video G, thanks for the link, cheers and G L
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,030
    Just signed up.
    Enjoyed the 1st one.
    Phil
  • Options
    damhawk07damhawk07 Member Posts: 18
    bit dangerous giving out your style? you will have to take that green sign off me now as raising you all the time :)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,373
    I have signed up, thanks for doing this.

I'll take a better look tonight.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Don’t have time to look now but very intrigued and will definitely take a look later!
  • Options
    TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    Excellent quality material and for free.

I think the website needs some kind of navigation though, having it as a pure blog style doesn't fit with the topic. Having a simple menu bar with something like this would be a big improvement:

Home | Videos | Articles | Sign-up

But thanks for videos, top class.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
  • Options
    BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    Great content, Im in B)
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Have signed up good luck in improving my play cheers Chris.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    TWRAMYEP said:

Excellent quality material and for free.

I think the website needs some kind of navigation though, having it as a pure blog style doesn't fit with the topic. Having a simple menu bar with something like this would be a big improvement:

Home | Videos | Articles | Sign-up

But thanks for videos, top class.

Thanks for the feedback @TWRAMYEP totally agree, it's all a learning experience for me atm. Until a few days ago I never knew how to do a blog or a website.

Definitely needs some navigation, once I find out how to do it, I'll give it a go.

In the mean time if you select the "WHO AND WHAT WE ARE" option it will now lead you through the "OFFICIAL" chapters in order. Hope this helps while I figure out all the navigation stuff.

https://stayorgopoker.home.blog/2019/11/02/stayorgo-poker/
  • Options
    damhawk07 said:

bit dangerous giving out your style? you will have to take that green sign off me now as raising you all the time :)

Yes it is, but most the regs know how I play anyway. I will look out for you re-raising me. :D
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Just signed up.
    Enjoyed the 1st one.
    Phil

Cheers Phil.

There is also this FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/812834325801236/