You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Marlsss username changed

TMP33570705TMP33570705 Member Posts: 11
edited December 2019 in Poker Chat
Hey folks this is Marlsss.I have moved from Ireland to the UK. Sky wasnt able to change my banking account from euros to sterling so i was required to create a new account,I would of incurred lots of bank charges on every deposit and withdrawal if i continued under my Marlsss account

Marlsss account is now closed.My new username im playing under is TMP33570705.Not my choice of username but it seemed to be auto made for me

Anyway i felt it was only right to let people know who they are playing against.See you all at the tables

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Much respect to you for posting this Marlsss. An awful lot of people would be happy just to fly under the radar in this situation and reap the benefits of being an unknown quantity.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    Not a chance this would happen on any other site
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Fair play

Must admit i never told anyone when i wanted to play cash and Sky said i could have a 2nd account for it and i became AlanCarr12
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    My 3rd account for Mtts hasn’t been quite as successful I’m sad to say
    MisterPJ
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    Sky said my first pick ..masterbates was just too..well you know. So we settled on ...
  • Options
    BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    Well done in coming on the forum and saying about the name change. Seems abit weird they couldn't just give you a username similar., They could have just added another "s" to marlssss.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Be careful you dont get your account suspended, @Marlsss is multi-tabling right now.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    That's really weird. It shows as Marlsss in the lobby but TMP33570705 when you open the table. I'm guessing the 'TMP' part may stand for temporary?
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    You’ll still be Boycie to me 😎 - super strange styles, super similar but seemingly successful - gl gl
  • Options
    BigHawk89 said:

Well done in coming on the forum and saying about the name change. Seems abit weird they couldn't just give you a username similar., They could have just added another "s" to marlssss.

I felt it was only right,Im not sure why i was given this username,i wasnt given an option when i logged into new account.I was told on the phone to just follow instructions when i logged in.I was able to choose an avatar but thats all

Much respect to you for posting this Marlsss. An awful lot of people would be happy just to fly under the radar in this situation and reap the benefits of being an unknown quantity.

I would hope other regs would do the same,it isnt a common situation,anyway my conscience is clear
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Be careful you dont get your account suspended, @Marlsss is multi-tabling right now.

Weird,i am playing but under the new UK account

That's really weird. It shows as Marlsss in the lobby but TMP33570705 when you open the table. I'm guessing the 'TMP' part may stand for temporary?

Thanks for letting me know. This is strange,if its temp name it would be great if i could change to name similar to Marlsss

@Tikay10 Can you investigate this please? Two names showing up? One in lobby,one on tables

If i am able to use Marlsss name or similar name would be great,thanks

• Options
    I left tables while replying to comments.I re joined games and my username is back to Marlsss again so all is good.It must be like you said @Duesenberg TMP was temporary name.I guess the system needed time to catch up and sync old account

Issue seems to be solved now,welcome back Marlsss :D

• Options
    AB0151 said:

You’ll still be Boycie to me 😎 - super strange styles, super similar but seemingly successful - gl gl

Cheers mate,see you at the tables
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    edited December 2019
    Guys & @marlsss

I'm just surmising here, as I don't get to see this side of things, but I suspect what has happened here is just the process of swapping the account.

It's not possible to have 2 accounts with the same screen-name, so presumably the new Account was set up with a Temporary alias. (Just guessing, but "TMP........" probably stands for Temporary).

When the new Account has been activated, the old one is "killed".

Then, once the player logs back on with the "new" account, either he or the Office then change the Temporary name back to the original Account alias of "marlsss".

That's not official, but I'm guessing that's what's happened.

Well done all for handling it sensibly.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Guys & @marlsss

I'm just surmising here, as I don't get to see this side of things, but I suspect what has happened here is just the process of swapping the account.

It's not possible to have 2 accounts with the same screen-name, so presumably the new Account was set up with a Temporary alias. (Just guessing, but "TMP........" probably stands for Temporary).

When the new Account has been opened, the old one is "killed".

Then, once the player logs back on with the "new" account, either he or the Office then change the Temporary name back to the original Account alias of "marlsss".

That's not official, but I'm guessing that's what's happened.

Well done all for handling it sensibly.

Cheers Tikay,that makes sense.It all worked out,happy to have my username back
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220

@marlsss

No problem bud.

I did refer the thread to the Office when you first posted it & they sort of suggested it was likely to be as I described it.

I'll speak with them again in the morning & confirm it, but I think it's all sorted now, & case dismissed.

Not sure about your Forum Alias, maybe the Forum Software has not caught up yet, or perhaps it can't be synced, but I don't think that's a big deal, we are all grown-ups & know the score.

• Options
    Perfect,thanks @Tikay10