You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

In more COVID news, God bless Wetherspoons. Not.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320

Comments

• Options

I honestly don't know what companies are doing to help their Staff through this terrible time.

But.....

Gill works for Bet365, & they were told a few days ago that come what may, there will be no redundancies, & they will all get full pay guaranteed until at least the end of August.

Brave Denise.

Any other good/bad examples?
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Tim Martin encouraged employees to apply to Tesco’s? That can’t be right, can it?
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
    bbMike said:

Tim Martin encouraged employees to apply to Tesco’s? That can’t be right, can it?

Tescos loan?
  • Options
    bbMike said:

Or maybe for a job until the pubs reopen.
  • Options
    The man is an absolute d1ck, I feel sorry for anyone that is forced to work for him, as you surely wouldn't, unless you were forced to?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404

I heard this on the news yesterday.

A paramedic with a eviction text.

NHS paramedic evicted from home for fear he would spread Covid-19

Joseph Hoar, a paramedic for South Western ambulance service, tweeted on Saturday night that he had been asked to leave his home by text message within 24 hours because the owner was “super nervous about having someone from the NHS here”.

• Options

^^^^

For goodness sake, what IS the matter with these people?
  • Options
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,283
    Tikay10 said:

I honestly don't know what companies are doing to help their Staff through this terrible time.

But.....

Gill works for Bet365, & they were told a few days ago that come what may, there will be no redundancies, & they will all get full pay guaranteed until at least the end of August.

Brave Denise.

My Son in Law works for their development section and has been allowed to work from home. They have split the dept into separate groups so on the rare occasion they have to go in, think its only once for him between now and end of April, they are only exposing as few people as possible.

I worked for Denise back when it was Provincial Racing. A very hard nosed businesswoman, but also very fair and always staff orientated.

Decent boss tbh.

Mark
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:
    There was me thinking that the whole point of The Government subsidising wages was to protect people from losing their jobs.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    It's utterly comical that Spoons are claiming they can't afford to pay their staff until the government grant kicks in.

Remind me again how much the odious Tim Martin's net worth increased by when Johnson won the election?

If there is any justice, their awful pubs will remain empty once this has passed, and their staff will find jobs with companies who value them rather than hold them in such contempt.

Utter sh1tshow from the Brexit supporting moron.
  • Options

It's utterly comical that Spoons are claiming they can't afford to pay their staff until the government grant kicks in.

Remind me again how much the odious Tim Martin's net worth increased by when Johnson won the election?

If there is any justice, their awful pubs will remain empty once this has passed, and their staff will find jobs with companies who value them rather than hold them in such contempt.

Any company that lays off their staff, should not be allowed to claim the other benefits offered by The Government like tax, vat, and business rates.

Even companies that aren't doing that well could maybe retain all their staff, even if they just paid them the 80% or their wages that The Government is paying.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    B
    HAYSIE said:

Any company that lays off their staff, should not be allowed to claim the other benefits offered by The Government like tax, vat, and business rates.

Even companies that aren't doing that well could maybe retain all their staff, even if they just paid them the 80% or their wages that The Government is paying.
    Agree, but he's Boris's mate....
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    rabdeniro said:

B

HAYSIE said:

The only time I normally go into spoons is whenever @MISTY4ME and @HANSON drag me there at SPT’S....he won’t be getting another Penny from me...cheap beer/curry/steak dinner or not! F Uk him
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    A Wetherspoons in London today.

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    mumsie said:

A Wetherspoons in London today.

Knowing this Tory Terwat, that’s what he’ll pay them with...
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Isn't that just in the window normally anyway?

Whoever did the red writing really should've done a dummy run first.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,115

Isn't that just in the window normally anyway?

Whoever did the red writing really should've done a dummy run first.

<

Exactly.
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    madprof said:

rabdeniro said:

B

HAYSIE said:

The only time I normally go into spoons is whenever @MISTY4ME and @HANSON drag me there at SPT’S....he won’t be getting another Penny from me...cheap beer/curry/steak dinner or not! F Uk him
    lol you'll be back there ordering your steak dinner with Dianne sauce as soon as they re open again … jezza and D will be there on Saturday night for date night and me I only go there as you and jezza think its the dogs bol locks …. :D