You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your Daily Question - 9th April

2»

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    btw..I've been making bread for the oldies in the village so i'll be having granary rosemary focaccia with my risotto!....

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    tomgoodun said:

I have had quite the variety of jobs, from the age of 15 when I left school with zero qualifications it goes something like this -

Making metal railings - The job involved unloading long lengths of metal and dragging them into the workshop ( no fork lift )
    “ Cropping “ them to length , then welding with arc welder
    The best bit was Dipping them in Red Lead paint ( Health and safety hadn’t been invented)
    We worked on ‘Piece work’ and I was chuffed when my wages reached £10 a week, which I handed over to my dad and got 30 bob a week spends.

Working down t’ Pit
    Yes, rats get down the shafts, and try to eat your jackbit.

Worked in the hygiene dept in a Pie Factory
    The ladies ( for want of a better word) were absolute fiends , I was 20 ish and not equipped to deal with older ladies who want your body, loved every minute 😊
    ^ That was oop north

Below is down South

Starting work in the hotels, my good lady loved my tight black trousers which I wore when waitering ( by loved , I mean she absolute slaughtered me lol)

Worked in a pub
    That part is a bit of a blur.

In my 30’s I started work in a joinery firm ( Unlike the ‘ Carpenter ‘ Sean, @stokefc 😉)
    Love the work, it’s so satisfying seeing the end product that ‘ Carpenters’ install on site 😉

My brother worked in a factory with 'same ladies'...on his 18th birthday, they gave him a birthday card which said

"They don't come any better than you!..."

Inside it said " A little more often maybe, but not better..."

I've never seen him any more embarrassed than that day :#

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    madprof said:

LARSON7 said:

@madprof you sly devil you, getting into cooking to meet the ladies.

cheffing...

I’ve got some mushrooms but there’s no cooking instructions and don’t have any garlic butter either booo

Any suggestions for cooking them as only ever had them
    In restraunts before! They are closed cup mushrooms

Mushroom risotto, which I'm having tonight!

Dont wash them, just check they have no loose dirt on, brush off

Slice them into 50grms of butter, ideally with a chopped onion(shallots better) add a cup of rice (ideally arborio but long grain will suffice..) stir the rice around until it is coated with the butter,

2 stock cubes and 1litre of stock
    add a small ladle of hot veg(or chicken) stock and stir and let it boil and reduce, add another ladle, stirring all the time and repeat until the rice is cooked

( to make a normal risotto they say 16 small ladles of stock, once every 45 seconds, totalling approx 12-15 mins)

Once the rice is cooked, add grated cheese to taste( again should be parmesan) and add another 25grms butter and stir through....

fresh thyme helps but any dried herbs you have and like...

then let it sit for about 3-5 mins to let the rice absorb the last of the stock and it should have the texture of a thick rice pudding....

ENJOY!

Ty Kind Sir will try that for sure.
  • Options
    destinycoddestinycod Member Posts: 35
    I'm a Locksmith by trade.

Felt a bit trapped in my previous job, but this has opened a few doors for me.

Not enjoying it currently, thought I would have some time off but apparently I'm a key worker.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475

Not enjoying it currently, thought I would have some time off but apparently I'm a key worker.

@destinycod

And folks thought the punnage in the Daily Report was bad....
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027

lol WpWp