You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Index and Other places to put money

JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
Hi All,

For those of us who like to compound our poker winnings - where do players put their cash when its withdrawn from Sky?

I have quite a large football index portfolio which is doing really well, but is there other places to put money too?

Do others spend it on nice things like holidays and gifts, or do you spend on day to day life and bills/contribute to rent etc?

Interested to hear views and options.

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Hi
    During the pandemic, any money I win goes towards household bills.

Before the pandemic I treated family, and put it towards paying for holidays.

One thing I have treated myself to was a new laptop.
  • Options
    MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110
    Hi,

My main poker goal these days is to have a hobby which does not cost me money.

Any time I do ok online I use the money to play in live events as this is something I enjoy but do not do very often.

Played in the last couple of SPTs and the buy ins for those came from the small profit I made from Sky Poker.

Mark
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    I put a significant amount (for me) in Football Index a couple of years ago, before it had grown as much as it has now.
    Getting in fairly early made it quite easy to make a good profit.
    Theoretically I have made over 100% profit (though it's only profit once you have sold at a higher price) so I withdrew my original investment and now play with the "profit".
    I am not very active on there so I may consider selling up soon.

It's not as easy as it was.

• Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
    I have been on Football Index for about 3 years now and its accumulated ridiculously well. It's been life changing for me.
    Obviously do your homework and gamble responsibly but its definitely worth looking into.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    Gold & Silver
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Never heard of it untill now.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

I have been on Football Index for about 3 years now and its accumulated ridiculously well. It's been life changing for me.
    Obviously do your homework and gamble responsibly but its definitely worth looking into.

What's your port there? Currently I have a 19,000gbp port there, its been amazing to me too, 16,000gbp pure profit in around 2 years.

I assume you own Sancho?!
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

What's your port there? Currently I have a 19,000gbp port there, its been amazing to me too, 16,000gbp pure profit in around 2 years.

Is it too late to start with this?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

Jacquelyn said:

Definitely not, its awesome and right now one of the fewest betting sites that is still seeing action due to the 'media buzz' component.
  • Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
    Jacquelyn said:

Have PM’d you. Don’t want to say on here.

I’d say the really rapid growth has slowed now but you will still get a far bigger Roi than anywhere else.
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Jacquelyn said:

Definitely not, its awesome and right now one of the fewest betting sites that is still seeing action due to the 'media buzz' component.
    Have no idea where to start! had alittle look yesterday after seeing your post.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    K0BAYASHl said:

Jacquelyn said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Jacquelyn said:

Have no idea where to start! had alittle look yesterday after seeing your post.
    Deposit some money and buy some players.
    There are two ways to make money, value of player goes up and dividends.
    Some people play the long game, buying young players who they think have potential to increase value over the long term, eg Sancho or Grealish, or play the short game, buying players whose value may rise over the short term and getting out before there value decreases again, eg a player whose team maybe playing on a thursday when there are few other games on.
    Throw in the daily and in game dividends and there is money to be had for the shrewd investor.
  • Options
    TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    VespaPX said:

Gold & Silver

Interesting.
    Where you buy from? Auctions?
  • Options
    TWRAMYEP said:

VespaPX said:

Gold & Silver

Interesting.
    Where you buy from? Auctions?
    Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqgmq4MESLE
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    i have quite a bit tied up on FI, i got involved the week it launched but have reinvested a few times since, its fair to say its been pretty life changing for most on there, it will of course peak at some point which is a shame but i expect that to be 2-3 years off yet, maybe longer if they are able to open it up to the worldwide market.
  • Options

Anyone see any gems out there at the moment.

I might be slightly bias but I can see Douglas Luiz being a good long term investment at 70p.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    I've been thinkin about it for ages, was goin to try this......

has anybody done this ?.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

has anybody done this ?.

Yeah, I did.
    Found trading was for me though, so never used the offer.

• Options
    rabdeniro said:

has anybody done this ?.

Yep - you've really nothing to lose, if you dont like it you get the 500 quid back anyway