You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

ICMIZER TRAINING - This SUNDAY 26TH APRIL @ 7PM-9PM - Open Invitation

suneel7suneel7 Member Posts: 52
Hi Guys,

My last post in the 'tournament strategy' section of the forum was of me discussing ICM/final table spots, and asking for feedback on some of my decisions. I've kindly been advised by @Angmar2626 + @asmithx to look up an ICM tool/calculator, which I have invested in and it has been eye openining in more ways to say the least.

I figured if I'm going to be going through some spots by myself, I may aswell live stream it and offer you to join. I like to hear people points of views, and think facilitating it on an open platform could be pretty bad-****.

As some of you may or may not know. ICM Poker Definition:

The ICM poker term stands for the Independent Chip Model.
In poker ICM allows you to convert tournament players stacks in chips into their money equity (as percentage of total or remaining prize pool). If you want to know more here a link:

https://www.icmpoker.com/en/blog/poker-icm-101-what-is-icm-poker/

So I'll be online, LIVE ON TWITCH for some 'ICMIZER' TRAINING - SUNDAY 26TH APRIL @ 7PM-9PM

If you want your hands & spots to be looked at then you can submit via DM message on SKY or via email
suneel_7@hotmail.co.uk

When sending in hands please add:

1. The Hand itself
2. Player Types If Known (I.e TAG, LAG, PASSIVE-WEAK etc) - This isnt required for 'Game Theory Optimum', but IMO it's very important to take note, as push/shove/call ranges can drastically changer depending on Villan type sometimes.
3. What you want to know

If I get a bunch of these, I'll make time to prepare them so we can go through them more quickly & efficiantly.

Disclaimer: By no means am I qualified to hand out advice or poker coach. I'm kinda new to online tournament poker, but I do come from a solid foundation of cash game poker so not all is lost ;)

See you on Sunday :)

Comments

• MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    Good idea. I,ll tune in.

I,ve been trying to get my head round ICMizer but gave up with it and found Poker Snowie to be more user friendly although you can,t do as much on it (Its mainly for cash games)
  • suneel7suneel7 Member Posts: 52
    MP33 said:

Good idea. I,ll tune in.

I,ve been trying to get my head round ICMizer but gave up with it and found Poker Snowie to be more user friendly although you can,t do as much on it (Its mainly for cash games)

Brilliant, I'll see you then.

Oh okay cool cool.. Cash games are dear to my heart, I might have to check out Poker Snowie also then. I think I have seen somebody on YT giving an example once, did look pretty neat.
    @MP33 In what ways has poker snowie helped you?
    edited April 2020
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    How did it go Suneel7?

Seems an interesting idea.
    Really well thanks.

Some insightful spots - If I were to do it again then probably could structure it abit better. Made it kinda interactive, like asking what we think the 'pushers' + 'callers' ranges were in certain spots. Then talking about how we would adjust vs certain types etc, yeah it was fun.

The video is up there if you want to have a look for yourself. I might do another one with poker snowie, maybe tomorrow. Come down for that if you're about.
    Will check it out mate.

Not big on software and solvers and it's been a bit of a stain to the game of poker. A part of the tradition has been lost however can't be left behind either.

Price of progress.
    Cammykaze said:

Will check it out mate.

Not big on software and solvers and it's been a bit of a stain to the game of poker. A part of the tradition has been lost however can't be left behind either.

Price of progress.

One of the reason I quit back in 2010, when all those HUD's came out..

'Price of progress' Quite right indeed. If you cant beat em....
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    alright m8

Some interesting spots last night (and suprising ones)

I,ll look out on here if your on tommorow
  • CarnageCarnage Member Posts: 48
    @suneel7

Would you pop my exit hand below from a £5.50 £2,000 BH into the ICMIZER please.

I am fairly certain I was correct to push, was the caller correct to call?

There was only 8 left at this point so I had cashed.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    CarnageSmall blind5000.005000.0068893.52
    splashiesBig blind10000.0015000.0080220.79
    Your hole cards
    SuitnbootFold
    Michael122Fold
    CarnageAll-in68893.5283893.520.00
    splashiesCall63893.52147787.0416327.27
    CarnageShow
    splashiesShow
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    splashiesWinTwo Pairs, 10s and 3s147787.04164114.31
    Hi Carnage,

Will be interesting to see the numbers on this on a general basis.

Your shove looks like a fist-pump decision and the call is probably ok.

I think ICMIZER has a free trial so might be worth having a look at the software yourself and firing in a list of MTT hands.

Sunreel would have to give your shove a range I believe, what is your pushing range here?
    @Cammykaze,

With approx 7 bb's I'm interested to learn what my shoving range should be.

What do you mean by "a fist pump decision"?

Thanks
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited April 2020
    It means we are very happy to get all our chips in with 99. You can look up shoving ranges. Is lots of free learning material out there. Was discussion about shoving in Peter27 diary and I think some links were put in there but you can use google if not.

With your stack and 8 left ICM isn't really of relevance. I assume we are 8/8 or close to.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    edited April 2020
    Carnage said:

@Cammykaze,

With approx 7 bb's I'm interested to learn what my shoving range should be.

What do you mean by "a fist pump decision"?

Thanks

Hi Carnage,

ICMIZER 3 is saying:

SB Pushing Range72%

BB Calling range: 28%

Some of these shoves are like break even (0.00) or marginally profitable spots 0.04+ EV Which I think can go either way, so if this is what a slightly neater (0.05+) range would look like.

Any hand that is +0.30 could be considered 'fist bump' shove :)

I hope this helps.

Suneel

P.s WD on the deep run!
    Thank you for all your replies.

Yes Matt I was about 8/8, the stacks were all pretty close, if I had doubled up it would have put me in top 3 approx.

Thanks mumsie, now I know what to do next time!