You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return Of Football.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,183

Comments

• Options
    It looks to me that the football hierarchy seem to think that they're above all other sports and special rules should apply them.That last chapter regarding UEFA seems to be a thinly veiled threat to teams/countries putting the health of people above a game of football.At the end of the day it's only football,nothing more,nothing less.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,059
    All about the money, as usual
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,611
    Gary Lineker has advised them to become B.B.C. Pundits mean time.
  • Options
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    VespaPX said:

All about the money, as usual

Due to the severe loss of tv money and revenues, the 21/22 end of season allocation will be as follows.

1st. £20.01p
    2nd. £18.99p.
    And so on..........

All football presenters and pundits will not be paid a bean, but will appear from time to time to give more clout to their tweets . (Tweetability)

Gary Lineker will have a huge plateful of crisps in front of him,and will name drop a previous Blackburn Rovers owner, leaving viewers confused, but his bank manager very happy.

• Options
  • Options
    I don't think this will go down very well with Pep Guardiola given what's happened to his mum.

• Options
    What is it with football clubs,players & managers that they think they're above everyone else.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/foul-play-footage-from-jose-mourinhos-training-session-with-spurs-players-20200408
  • Options
    Yet more 'sensible' footballers...

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I think he is right how can you have a quarter of the season played at neutral grounds,it will benefit some teams whilst being a disadvantage to others.

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,314
    lucy4 said:

I think he is right how can you have a quarter of the season played at neutral grounds,it will benefit some teams whilst being a disadvantage to others.

This is a clever, considered to response to ensure a null and void outcome OR the season considered finished with Liverpool getting the title but more importantly No relegation( but with promotions ) which would take away the legal repercussions
  • Options
    Looks like it going to be a straight vote between those in relegation danger against those who think themselves safe.

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,242
    All these clubs paying over inflated wages for average players, over stretching themselves, relying on Sky, BT money, not having a plan if the **** hit the fan for whatever reason, now it's dog eat dog.
  • Options
    FWIW,I miss playing the game, not watching it.
    In the past, viewing was paid for by a smallish chunk of license fee money.
    There was advertising in the match programs, and on hoarding around the grounds.
    Then add on merchandise sales.
    Now it’s made out to be the best thing since sliced bread , sucking in folks to part with their hard earned.
    Football matches should be free on Auntie Beeb, and advertising should pay for coverage on commercial channels.
    The public have had the choice of watching football and other sports taken away from them, to enrich just a few.
    Pundits🙄, still trying to perform, but in a different setting.
    They take up two hours talking about things that aren’t even relevant to the game.
    How much a player has been bought for, or how much he’s on a week. Zzzzz.
    They give their opinion as if it means anything to the general public.( not needed, surplus to requirements)
    Going over what you’ve just seen, post match. I mean, ffs, we’ve just seen it.
    Playing with their technology, “ Ooo, I just love f ecking gadgets!)
    Best players in the Premiership? Nah. Moneys good though.
    If one kisses his badge often enough, he’ll look loyal.
    Unless of course, he fancies a bit more Wonga. If that’s not forthcoming, then I’m off.
    Years ago, supporters of a team were only really keen on seeing their team on tv.
    Now, folks seem to want to watch as many games as they dare watch,that’s addiction.
    There is always good money to be made through addictions, ka-ching !
    No need to scroll this one.
    Delete.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited May 2020
    chilling said:

Football matches should be free on Auntie Beeb, and advertising should pay for coverage on commercial channels.
    The public have had the choice of watching football and other sports taken away from them, to enrich just a few.
    Pundits🙄, still trying to perform, but in a different setting.
    They take up two hours talking about things that aren’t even relevant to the game.
    How much a player has been bought for, or how much he’s on a week. Zzzzz.
    They give their opinion as if it means anything to the general public.( not needed, surplus to requirements)
    Going over what you’ve just seen, post match. I mean, ffs, we’ve just seen it.
    Playing with their technology, “ Ooo, I just love f ecking gadgets!)

From 2:34

https://youtu.be/Kd8wKQo2M6U
  • Options
    Footballers must possess a special kind of thickness...