You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Little, uncommon possible advantageous plays/tactics

2»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575

Good point here by @Shelley7

"I've had players sit out, then shove over my raise with premium hands. It is frustrating, but I also kinda respected it and thought 'you got me'. I was trying to take advantage of someone not playing, or being away, so it's fair game if they use that."

These things cut both ways. I only have contempt of those who sit out tactically, but if we try to take advantage of it we are equally culpable. Cake & eat it springs to mind.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,438
    Shelley7 said:

I've had players sit out, then shove over my raise with premium hands. It is frustrating, but I also kinda respected it and thought 'you got me'. I was trying to take advantage of someone not playing, or being away, so it's fair game if they use that.

It reminds me of this hand, which still really annoys me when I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYd8XipbKRQ

Silverman is completely in the wrong here IMO. Daniel Negreanu raises huge in the Button or SB as a miss-click with AK. You can debate all day if he really did not mean it. Silverman then thinks Daniel is weak, so shoves over the raise, trying to steal the 45k or so that Daniel put in. He's snap called and loses, and then calls Daniel shady. But in my mind, he was trying to take advantage of an opponent and it came back to bite him, so he should suck it up.

In terms of some of the other points raised, 4 is the one I do the most. If the blinds are 150-300 and the next BB has 600 chips, by stalling until the 200-400 level, you ensure that player is all in within 2 hands, which will hugely affect the way the table plays.

I genuinely think this was a 'miss click' and in no way an angle shoot, he didn't even realise how much he had miss raised by. Also I think Negreanu is probably one of the most honest and least likely to pull a fast one out of all the top pros.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited May 2020
    Enut said:

Shelley7 said:

I've had players sit out, then shove over my raise with premium hands. It is frustrating, but I also kinda respected it and thought 'you got me'. I was trying to take advantage of someone not playing, or being away, so it's fair game if they use that.

It reminds me of this hand, which still really annoys me when I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYd8XipbKRQ

Silverman is completely in the wrong here IMO. Daniel Negreanu raises huge in the Button or SB as a miss-click with AK. You can debate all day if he really did not mean it. Silverman then thinks Daniel is weak, so shoves over the raise, trying to steal the 45k or so that Daniel put in. He's snap called and loses, and then calls Daniel shady. But in my mind, he was trying to take advantage of an opponent and it came back to bite him, so he should suck it up.

In terms of some of the other points raised, 4 is the one I do the most. If the blinds are 150-300 and the next BB has 600 chips, by stalling until the 200-400 level, you ensure that player is all in within 2 hands, which will hugely affect the way the table plays.

I genuinely think this was a 'miss click' and in no way an angle shoot, he didn't even realise how much he had miss raised by. Also I think Negreanu is probably one of the most honest and least likely to pull a fast one out of all the top pros.
    Probably true
    He’s rich enough
    He’s ripped off all the recs and made a fortune out of stars by telling them that we should love rake
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,360
    Don't think I ever been to a card school were somebody has'nt tried their arm at some move, it's all about the luppins at the end of the night, a lot of folks will do anything to win.
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 940
    edited May 2020
    I saw this Negreanu hand a long time ago.

As someone says, he seems a likeable guy at the tables and to me, would be unlikely to pull a stunt like that on purpose. His reputation would have dropped and being a guy whos relies on the public for all his events and side hustles etc, it wouldn't have been a wise move.

What ever happened to Chris Ferguson? Connie whatever you called her? Phil Gordon et al. and their endeavours with UB and FTP. Aye [Sorry @Tikay10 :* ] Yes, they're hasbeens