You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Best seat on Sky Poker? Top right, obv.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

For years, the best Tin Hat post I ever saw was the poor lad who wrote;

The pause before the river card is dealt is because the software is searching for the card to beat me.

Excellent, on so many levels. But yesterday, I was perusing Sky Poker reviews on TrustPilot, which is always good fun, & I spotted this beaut.

There is something happening on this site the people who sit on the top right corner always make a good start then dominate.

Just think about that for a moment. Superb.

Comments

• Options

If you have two outs on the turn, make the call, you will hit about 75% of the time.
  • Options

Sky Poker is a site where you need to get to the river
  • Options

not to mention fact that when I fold bad hands I ALWAYS (no joke - I've been keeping track) I ALWAYS hit.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    Slightlyyyyy off topic, but I'd never trust anyone who sits anywhere but the bottom right seat on a Sky table
  • Options

If you have just suffered a bad beat, go all in on the next hand, you will win around 80% of the time regardless of your cards
  • Options

Reading that stuff it's easy to forget that the minimum age to play Online Poker is 18.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited June 2020
    I know online poker has boomed recently but I didn’t know quite the extent

You’ve now got so many employees that they play every single mtt and win against the poor unsuspecting souls.

Clearly it can’t be Sam who’s coaching them. I’ve seen him play
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    Poker mirrors life Tikay.

Seeing events unfold around us and overseas, it's easy to forget the minimum age to vote, is also 18.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    If you have just suffered a bad beat, go all in on the next hand, you will win around 80% of the time regardless of your cards

I agree with this one though ;-)
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,603
    edited June 2020
    JingleMa said:

Poker mirrors life Tikay.

Seeing events unfold around us and overseas, it's easy to forget the minimum age to vote, is also 18.

Should be the maximum age to be voted President
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    I'm gonna sit top right in my nightly tourny tonight, winner ,I expect a massive points haul when I've finished
  • Options
    stokefc said:

I'm gonna sit top right in my nightly tourny tonight, winner ,I expect a massive points haul when I've finished

Our friend has probably not worked out that every player can, in effect, choose to sit top right...
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

Our friend has probably not worked out that every player can, in effect, choose to sit top right...
    I'll be bemoaning the fact tomorrow that top right is a rubbish seat, it must only work for the good players.
    So expect a major rant in the morning 😉
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Top left always for me

Now i know where i’m going wrong
  • Options
    AKAscottyAKAscotty Member Posts: 81
    Just changed seating position, from bottom right to top right, will run a 100 tourney sample on this, results to follow :) anything to get out of downswing considered ...
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    AKAscotty said:

Just changed seating position, from bottom right to top right, will run a 100 tourney sample on this, results to follow :) anything to get out of downswing considered ...

Changing your preferred seating position is a really fishy mentality to have and has no impact on how you run. Everybody knows that changing your table avatar is the only reasonable solution.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    Hot o Meter was taken off the site so no-one knew their hand strength.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,242
    VespaPX said:

Hot o Meter was taken off the site so no-one knew their hand strength.

I knew there was a reason why my pocket kings kept being cracked! Bring back the hot o meter I say! It would warn me in advance to just fold them immediately!
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    After the last week or so I would agree with most of the early comments. I am obviously sitting in the wrong seat, the best seat is any of the other around my table, the pause before it delivers the fatal bad beat river tilts the **** out of me. I frequently fold then hit, in fact the only time I hit is when I've folded.

I can't prove the 'if you have two outs call and you'll hit', as I don't call and 'if you have just suffered a bad beat go all in the next hand and you'll win 80% of the time', I was going to try that last night when I had just suffered a bad beat and then got dealt AA in the big blind, I couldn't in the end as everyone folded.

Here's hoping the next week will be better.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    The only thing thats worse is sitting in the death seat thats lost every bounty that sat there