You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

corrupt site really getting to me now

pricey00pricey00 Member Posts: 10
played poker for many years but this site is really making me lose interest in the past 4 days ive had 49 river beats compared to 8 in my favour .. great variance stat that .. along with the million dumb **** calls which beat me or like i said do me on the river , yet i make one bad call just one and get punished every single time , yet others do it and end up sucking out on the river , im an amazing sky customer on a whole just seems like im being mugged off on a daily basis on here , i get i moan alot but if people saw how bad i run on a daily basis losing to endless **** its not even poker anymore , site has made me lose passion for the game and just give me really bad anger issues .. anyone else can relate to this ?

Comments

• Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    u ok hun? xxx
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    What kind of responses are you hoping to get to this?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    pricey00 said:

played poker for many years but this site is really making me lose interest in the past 4 days ive had 49 river beats compared to 8 in my favour .. great variance stat that .. along with the million dumb **** calls which beat me or like i said do me on the river , yet i make one bad call just one and get punished every single time , yet others do it and end up sucking out on the river , im an amazing sky customer on a whole just seems like im being mugged off on a daily basis on here , i get i moan alot but if people saw how bad i run on a daily basis losing to endless **** its not even poker anymore , site has made me lose passion for the game and just give me really bad anger issues .. anyone else can relate to this ?

Sorry to read this.
  • Options
    To answer your question I can relate to a lesser degree.

One of my mates has said he broke his laptop once over a beat. I guess a build up, not sure what stakes though but that may have been irrelevant anyway.

Cammy
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,274
    Here we go again.

That's a 57 river sample over 4 days. That's not even a small sample. Now if you'd lost 49,000 and won only 8,000 then maybe your claims of corruption may find an audience, although that could still just be variance.

I mean I've just been bad beat 3 out of 3 dym when all in on the bubble. Does that mean I should be shouting about the integrity of the site.

If you think it's not run fairly then simply stop playing here.

Fair point ? Fair point!
  • Options
    @TheEdge949 most of those are on the bubbles in six maxs too as it goes , everyone can have their point of view but im not exaggerating here
  • Options
    @Cammykaze thanks for sharing , its not just a bad beat its too many over too much time , time and time and time again , or losing to hands which should never be called and its really built up a bad anger in myself , dont even feel like im playing against the players no more feels like im playing against a site who has took a dislike to me
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Hi
    Yes, we all suffer the most horrendous beats., and thinking logically about the question , there’s going to be someone who suffers more in the short term, to even up those who suffer less , it’s just maths at the end of the day .
    Doesn’t make it any less mentally painful.
    Blaming the site however ....

In these really difficult times, my advice is to stop playing , until you feel mentally strong enough to deal with the beats you WILL GET.
    If a hand is not 100% to win, it makes sense it will lose sometimes .

Take care.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

@pricey00

Bad luck = use Sky Poker's forum to accuse Sky Poker of being corrupt. Marv.

It could only happen in poker.

I get you are frustrated fella, but it happens to all of us. Is it really fair to suggest Sky Poker, & the people who run it, as being corrupt, just because you are on a bad run? We ALL suffer the same bad runs.

• Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    pricey00 said:

, yet i make one bad call just one and get punished every single time ,

What? once then?

What a mess to get yourself in. LOL
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    You moan about EVERY single bad beat in every single sng/tourny/freeroll (yes, even freerolls!) I've ever played with you & yet you continue to play here day after day. Why would you continue to play on such a corrupt site?
  • Options
    azahuerkazahuerk Member Posts: 59
    It all depends on your definition of 'bad beat.' Someone recently posted how distraught they were at losing a hand with 84% equity pre-river. Unlucky but I wouldn't call that a 'bad beat.' I've just been put out of an MTT by an opponent who made one of two outs on the river. Again unlucky, but I'll just move on to the next game. We're only human and we all have poor runs when we remember all the bad hands and none of the good ones. Stick with it and your fortunes will change for the better. Good luck.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    edited June 2020
    I get them all the time.
    Am I bothered, no I embrace them because in the long term I want those calls.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    pricey00 said:

@Cammykaze thanks for sharing , its not just a bad beat its too many over too much time , time and time and time again , or losing to hands which should never be called and its really built up a bad anger in myself , dont even feel like im playing against the players no more feels like im playing against a site who has took a dislike to me

The question I tend to ask here is, what would a poker site have to gain from giving you bad beats all the time?

Poker can be very frustrating at times and leaving the table for a breather or a water break or a walk may help in the short term.

For some it's for entertainment, for others it's a livelihood. I have played on and off for many years with poker being my only income at stages in my life, the anger you speak of was at it's highest during those times. In these cases it was because it was pressure to earn a bit between contracts and for an income stream.

Have no idea how often you play however a break until you are in a good frame of mind feeling a bit more positive is never a bad thing.

Try to acknowledge the bits of good luck you get throughout a tournament as well, this sounds easy but maybe not as easy as it should be. Say you win a big 50/50 for loads of chips, winning with a slight underdog hand or having Aces 3 times in the same tournament. Premium starting hands are part of the luck factor too.

GL!
  • Options

You moan about EVERY single bad beat in every single sng/tourny/freeroll (yes, even freerolls!) I've ever played with you & yet you continue to play here day after day. Why would you continue to play on such a corrupt site?

yes i admitted that like i said more then ever , but have u seen the stuff i constantly lose to and suck out on the river time , time , time again and end up coming 3rd over it endless countless times , i understand everyone has bad beats or bad luck through stages but this is ridiculous feels like ive broke 1000 mirrors in my lifetime , and it is set up to make people think they have the best hand , and makes poorer players eg clueless fish think their good by giving it to someone on the river that usually being me to keep them coming back .
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

I get them all the time.
    Am I bothered, no I embrace them because in the long term I want those calls.

yes u do want those calls at times agreed but when people literally call with little to no outs and beat ya on the river it makes me sick , occasionaly it may happen but in my case its time and time and time again
  • Options
    azahuerk said:

It all depends on your definition of 'bad beat.' Someone recently posted how distraught they were at losing a hand with 84% equity pre-river. Unlucky but I wouldn't call that a 'bad beat.' I've just been put out of an MTT by an opponent who made one of two outs on the river. Again unlucky, but I'll just move on to the next game. We're only human and we all have poor runs when we remember all the bad hands and none of the good ones. Stick with it and your fortunes will change for the better. Good luck.

bad beat when i manage to get my chips all in pre flop with kings etc and you just know someone is going to call with an ace and 90% of the time the ace comes out , or when i have ak for example all in pre flop at the right stages , and someone is up against me with the lower ace and yet again they manage to hit that one card !! bore
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

pricey00 said:

, yet i make one bad call just one and get punished every single time ,

What? once then?

What a mess to get yourself in. LOL
    i mean when people make such loose calls pre flop or literally betting loads or calling loads chasing literally 1 2 outs and end up getting there on the river , yet ill make one bluff in a tournie or make one slightly bad call end up dominated or try what everyone else does and fish and of course nothing comes but its always majority / all of my stack yet others continue 2 get away with it thats what i meant .