You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

corrupt site really getting to me now

2»

Comments

• Options
    pricey00pricey00 Member Posts: 10

Here we go again.

That's a 57 river sample over 4 days. That's not even a small sample. Now if you'd lost 49,000 and won only 8,000 then maybe your claims of corruption may find an audience, although that could still just be variance.

I mean I've just been bad beat 3 out of 3 dym when all in on the bubble. Does that mean I should be shouting about the integrity of the site.

If you think it's not run fairly then simply stop playing here.

Fair point ? Fair point!

i do get your point but i like the 6 table format on here and i have my notes on many players but it is staged at times to make people think they have the best hands and keep the clowns getting luck to keep them interested and keep playing , obviously the more people that play the more money the site takes from seating fees etc , i endlessly come 3rd too on six maxs like a shrine for me a 3rd place special ..
    earlier absoloute dross twice in the same game i have aq find myself all in pre flop some bloke calls out of nowhere with 67 , board give me a flush and straight draw yet he spikes a 7 on the river ...
    same game i raise 3 people left with jack 10 suited , board reads jack 7 2 , i raise the guy goes all in on me if he has overpair or higher kicker etc fairplay he doesnt has 55 .. turn = 4 .. river = 5 .. 3rd place disgusting luck and rivers once more , i swear some people think i make this up or something .
  • Options
    BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    Player A - Enjoys the game of poker so comes on Sky to play some cards. Realises that there are probably players better than him but likes to have a game for a bit of fun after work. Gets it in bad and ends up winning a bunch of times. Would have redeposited regardless of result because poker is an entertainment expense and winning, on the off chance, is just a welcome bonus.

Player B - Continues to play on the site despite being perpetually unlucky the "one" time he makes a mistake. Thinks the site is rigged towards players worse at the game than him because of this. Doesn't leave the site and play on one of the many "fairer" alternatives. Redeposits whilst expressing his concerns on a forum only seen by a small percentage of the people who already play on said site.

Should we take a vote on which player is the clown in this scenario?
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    pricey00 said:

You moan about EVERY single bad beat in every single sng/tourny/freeroll (yes, even freerolls!) I've ever played with you & yet you continue to play here day after day. Why would you continue to play on such a corrupt site?

yes i admitted that like i said more then ever , but have u seen the stuff i constantly lose to and suck out on the river time , time , time again and end up coming 3rd over it endless countless times , i understand everyone has bad beats or bad luck through stages but this is ridiculous feels like ive broke 1000 mirrors in my lifetime , and it is set up to make people think they have the best hand , and makes poorer players eg clueless fish think their good by giving it to someone on the river that usually being me to keep them coming back .
    But why would you play on a site that treats you so bad and is corrupt? now that would be clueless.

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    pricey00 said:

Here we go again.

That's a 57 river sample over 4 days. That's not even a small sample. Now if you'd lost 49,000 and won only 8,000 then maybe your claims of corruption may find an audience, although that could still just be variance.

I mean I've just been bad beat 3 out of 3 dym when all in on the bubble. Does that mean I should be shouting about the integrity of the site.

Fair point ? Fair point!

i do get your point but i like the 6 table format on here and i have my notes on many players but it is staged at times to make people think they have the best hands and keep the clowns getting luck to keep them interested and keep playing , obviously the more people that play the more money the site takes from seating fees etc , i endlessly come 3rd too on six maxs like a shrine for me a 3rd place special ..
    earlier absoloute dross twice in the same game i have aq find myself all in pre flop some bloke calls out of nowhere with 67 , board give me a flush and straight draw yet he spikes a 7 on the river ...
    same game i raise 3 people left with jack 10 suited , board reads jack 7 2 , i raise the guy goes all in on me if he has overpair or higher kicker etc fairplay he doesnt has 55 .. turn = 4 .. river = 5 .. 3rd place disgusting luck and rivers once more , i swear some people think i make this up or something .
    That's the other thing spoken of.

It would require an good programmer to rig decks to keep the "clowns" playing by providing the Ace needed to win the pot I would say.

You will not find a captive audience or gain much sympathy on the forums with these types of posts. Can be nails to a chalkboard stuff to many here. It's like having a moany co-worker or someone talking about things few are interested in.

Using terms like "corrupt site" is not helpful to anyone, yourself included.

Hope this is taken the way it has been intended and I think TheEdge949 mentioning the river sample is useful. 57 rivers is nothing in poker terms in regards to thinking the cards are against you. Shoot for 1000 rivers and see if it seems more even.

Cammy
  • Options
    BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    Cammykaze said:

pricey00 said:

Here we go again.

Fair point ? Fair point!

That's the other thing spoken of.

It would require an good programmer to rig decks to keep the "clowns" playing by providing the Ace needed to win the pot I would say.

You will not find a captive audience or gain much sympathy on the forums with these types of posts. Can be nails to a chalkboard stuff to many here. It's like having a moany co-worker or someone talking about things few are interested in.

Using terms like "corrupt site" is not helpful to anyone, yourself included.

Hope this is taken the way it has been intended and I think TheEdge949 mentioning the river sample is useful. 57 rivers is nothing in poker terms in regards to thinking the cards are against you. Shoot for 1000 rivers and see if it seems more even.

Cammy

This has to be a troll, right? You made a post of this nature three pages long. Toys out the pram, as mind-numbing and as constructive as the rigged posts. Said you wouldn't add to the post, which I'm sure everyone was relieved about. Then go back on your word to add a fourth page under the guise of raising money for charity. Only to use the charity clickbait title as a gimmick to promote your microstakes bankroll challenge.

Tell us more about how not to use the forum to gain sympathy.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hi Blair,

Happy to stick to the topic that the OP was referring to.

If you wish to outline any other points I or others have make in this thread then happy to message about it in the thread

Take it easy!

Cammy
  • Options
    Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    I am going to post this video to any site blamers :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTMhuD0XEcY

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    pricey00 said:

Here we go again.

Fair point ? Fair point!

Hi

Nobody thinks you make it up old son, because everything you describe happens to all of us, at some time AND YES, for a condensed period it seems to happen EVERY TIME!

I’m sure if you think about it you can remember when you hit a river from nowhere ? (Yesterday I was allin with AK v AA and rightly down and out until Q,J AND a river 10, doubled me up! )

I’ve just started to come out of a real downswing and can tell you the same stories/outcomes I’ve the last 2-3 months but I won’t because frankly It’s boring....

Hope your luck shifts soon, Gl at the tables
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    Don,t like bumping this back to the top but it amazes me how these threads get so many replies.

I,d just say - next time you sit down for a session - Tell yourself your gonna get bad beats in your next 10 tournies for example .

Then ask yourself _ How will you deal with that? If its not well then don,t play

However if you can accept it and actually realise that you,ve got it in good 10 times you should be pleased with yourself that your playing so well. (That's all you can do)

GL

• Options
    pricey00pricey00 Member Posts: 10
    BlairReid said:

Player A - Enjoys the game of poker so comes on Sky to play some cards. Realises that there are probably players better than him but likes to have a game for a bit of fun after work. Gets it in bad and ends up winning a bunch of times. Would have redeposited regardless of result because poker is an entertainment expense and winning, on the off chance, is just a welcome bonus.

Player B - Continues to play on the site despite being perpetually unlucky the "one" time he makes a mistake. Thinks the site is rigged towards players worse at the game than him because of this. Doesn't leave the site and play on one of the many "fairer" alternatives. Redeposits whilst expressing his concerns on a forum only seen by a small percentage of the people who already play on said site.

and then i get a dipshit muggy reply like that ... wow
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,381
    pricey00 said:

BlairReid said:

@pricey00

Burt it's OK to say the site, & therefore the people who run it, are corrupt?
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    @pricey00 We play the same games with an almost identical ABI. I'm recently out of an 800 game stretch littered with all the things you describe but it's just negative variance and currently in a 200 game stretch of ridiculous unsustainable positive variance .

1) Your sample is tiny

2) Whilst I understand your frustration (believe me, I REALLY do) you need to get your head around the nature of variance (positive and negative) before you throw around terms like corrupt.

• Options
    Just in case it's not all that clear, the above example is for 500 $5.50 MTT with 150 runners and paying 10% of the field. This is an example of variance for a player who is confirmed as having a 30% ROI in these games
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

Just in case it's not all that clear, the above example is for 500 $5.50 MTT with 150 runners and paying 10% of the field. This is an example of variance for a player who is confirmed as having a 30% ROI in these games

A bit of work went into your posts :)

Not sure on the experience of pricey and I (like some others) tend stay away from these threads. It can be quite off-putting.

This is likely the only one I will reply to. It seemed more in anger even if the word 'corrupt' was used, which is not the case at all with Sky.

Cammy
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    pricey00 said:

BlairReid said:

As I asked on the first page, what type of replies are you hoping for or expecting?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,164

pricey00 said:

BlairReid said:

As I asked on the first page, what type of replies are you hoping for or expecting?
    O.M.G I actually agree with @hhyftrftdr . Stop the world, Armageddon draws near. Run around nailing crooked bits of wood across the windows etc.
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    MynaFrett said:

came here to say they 30% is a very high ROI - most pro players would be happy with a 30% roi in the games they play.

The variance will be even higher with a lower ROI
  • Options
    That was very much part of my point @chicknMelt
  • Options
    azahuerkazahuerk Member Posts: 59
    I'm still waiting for @pricey00 to come up with what I would call a really bad beat. The example with the 55s is again a 21/1 shot. I could give you 3 examples from today alone where I was all in and my opponent was around 75/1 each time to make a hand to win. I lost all 3 hands. Frustrating but that's poker. Every player on here has horror stories and if I was so angry I would simply move to another site. Stay safe everyone.