You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Get well soon markycash

Comments

• Options
    onejohnbonejohnb Member Posts: 193
    Brilliant news that you survived this and wishing you all the best with the convalescence. Good luck m8
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,171

Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow Marky. It's painless & quite fun, but it's the result of it that matters.

What route did they take for the insertion of the stent - groin or arm? Are you all wired up with tubes & leads at the moment?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    markycash said:

Thanks all!

I am feeling the best I have physically since this happened on Friday. Although struggling a little bit psychologically if I am honest so it was nice to read your messages!

Seen the consultant today. She said it was a "big big big heart attack" and I am sure she isn't trying to overstate things. She is arranging for a ultrasound of the heart tomorrow to see what damage has been done as this will determine the way forward. So a big day tomorrow.

Thanks again for the kind get well messages. It means a lot!

No woman has ever said 'big' three times when talking to me. Feel lucky!

Wish you all the best, Marky.

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    So sorry to see this Mark but am equally thrilled that you're still with us!

Hope the ultrasound goes ok and all the best to you on your road to recovery :).
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Speedy recovery marky but think you should stay away from the o8 games ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Options
    mattprawnmattprawn Member Posts: 632
    Sorry and shocked to hear about this Mark, but delighted you're well enough to take the time to post on the forum. Wishing you all the best as you recover and hope to have chance to celebrate in Vegas at some time in the future. Best. Matt
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Tikay10 said:

Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow Marky. It's painless & quite fun, but it's the result of it that matters.

What route did they take for the insertion of the stent - groin or arm? Are you all wired up with tubes & leads at the moment?

Arm, thankfully. Didn't know the groin was an option, phew!

Went in right arm and put stent on left artery to heart, not sure how that works. Definitely had better fun on a Friday night though!

Yeah still wired up and vitals have been pretty good apart from one rogue burst of heart rate last night. Which rectified itself almost instantly.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Get well soon Mark
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    Best of luck with the recovery and tomorrows tests, @markycash .

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    markycash said:

Thanks all!

She said it was a "big big big heart attack" and I am sure she isn't trying to overstate things. She is arranging for a ultrasound of the heart tomorrow to see what damage has been done as this will determine the way forward. So a big day tomorrow.

She probably just said big the once, but your story telling couldn't resist.

Good luck tomorow.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    I understand it's not the same thing, but ten or so years ago I nearly died from anaphylactic shock. Felt on a weird kind of high once I'd been released from hospital but a day or so later I crumpled emotionally and felt really empty. Thankfully that feeling was (fairly) fleeting. Not sure why I'm mentioning this - perhaps because life traumas like this can have strong, in my case unexpected, emotional effects.

Bit of a heads up, really - hope you don't think I'm speaking out of turn and if you feel the need to pm someone and let it all out, so to speak, then I'm your man. Although there are probably lots of other better men (or women) on here who would also be your man (or woman).

Hope it all goes swimmingly tomorrow and your recovery is a smooth one. Peace out.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    @markycash recover well Dave, you must've big veins in your wrist :wink: (ooh err) they had to go through my leg because they couldn't find one in my wrist.
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    All the best. Get well soon.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Best of luck with your test today Mark
  • Options
    fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    Wishing you the best for a full and speedy recovery. Hope the ultrasound goes well today.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,171
    edited June 2020
    markycash said:

Hey all,

Just posting a quick update after all the heart function tests today.

There is 'moderate damage' to the heart (38% ejection fraction rate was the term) Tikay will probably understand that better than I after all the tests he will have had. I know under 35% is severe damage. So not great numbers but way better than a 1 outer and I hit my fair share of those ๐Ÿ˜‚ could have been worse and the consultant didn't doubt I can get back at least close to normal although might take a while.

Getting out tomorrow and in much better spirits.

Hope you are all well and thanks again for the support!

Sounds like good news to me Marky. You'll need to start rehab once you have convalesced for a few weeks. Exercise & diet are going to be critically important for you from now on. You'll have to take a shed-load of tablets daily, my heart attack was over 3 years ago & I still have to take 11 different tablets twice daily. It sounds a pain but it's OK once you get used to it.

I don't fully understand these "ejection fraction tests" that the Ultra Sound measures, but I have a letter from the hospital which says 55% & above is normal, mine was 35% when first measured after the stent was fitted, & 6 months later, after my initial rehab, was 40%. Quite what all that means I don't know, but I seem to tick along nicely. I had to stop 6 & 8 tabling poker every night as the Medics suggested it might be stressful & it's important to avoid stress & try to relax as much as possible.

Aside from all that, it's quite lovely to see on this thread that so many of our old pals from the PLO8 DYM's have shown concern, what a great bunch of lads they are.

Keep us updated mate, & let us know when you are safely back home. And remember, from now on diet & exercise are going to be crucial for you.

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Great news to see you are well enough to be released to go home.
    Nothing like your own bed for comfort. Keep safe, you have plenty of friends here all sending positive vibes your way.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,984
    Take it easy and get well soon Marky.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    markycash said:

Hey all,

Just posting a quick update after all the heart function tests today.

There is 'moderate damage' to the heart (38% ejection fraction rate was the term) Tikay will probably understand that better than I after all the tests he will have had. I know under 35% is severe damage. So not great numbers but way better than a 1 outer and I hit my fair share of those ๐Ÿ˜‚ could have been worse and the consultant didn't doubt I can get back at least close to normal although might take a while.

Getting out tomorrow and in much better spirits.

Hope you are all well and thanks again for the support!

Gl with the recovery.
    If I were in your position, Iโ€™d want to know the cause of the blocked artery.
    Roughly, ejection = forced out, fraction=percentage.
    Both of these refer to blood that has been oxygenated by the lungs and enters the left ventricle (the pump of the heart) and gets forced out with each contraction.
    Scrolling, but informative scrolling.