You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Chasing a flush

Danbo406Danbo406 Member Posts: 13
edited July 2020 in Poker Chat
One of my numerous leaks is not studying the maths of the game. Of course I know outs but then make decisions on gut feelings rather than percentages. I think I need to improve on this. Example:

Playing MTT, buy in irrelevant. Blinds 100-200. I going nicely on about 9.5k,average 4k.
Dealt aq clubs in late position. Utg with 4.3k raises to 600, called by middle position (stack2.9k))and I decide to flat.. I'm putting utg on large pocket pair or ak. Seems pretty tight and made no obvious mistakes. Middle position is a weaker player.

Flop comes 4c 9s 6c. Early position shoves and is snap called by middle postion. I fold. Based purely on maths should I have called. And if so could you explain mathematically why? I'm not going to post their hands for a bit ;-)

Comments

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    call all day you still have over 4k behind I take it was a bounty hunter not that it makes much difference in this spot,when you call you dream of flopping the nut flush draw.
  • Options
    ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    If you are calling with AQc and you have put one of your opponents on possibly AK, what sort of flop are you wanting to see when you call pre?
    Surely you are preferring a flush draw rather than hitting the Ace? If you're wanting to spike the queen then you are looking at much slimmer odds of doing that.
    3way on that flop, if you've read your opponents ranges, even vs a PP and AK you are ahead (slightly I think assuming 2 over and fd).
    This is a call all day long imho, moreso if bounties are on offer.
  • Options
    ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    Assuming you're up against JJ and AK its roughly 46% 41% 12% in your favour