You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Index and Other places to put money

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,739
    Can sports journalists be traders in Football Index?
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    good question, no idea, I would assume so.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,739
    Jacquelyn said:

good question, no idea, I would assume so.

Idea for your next job after lockdown perhaps 😊
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    TWRAMYEP said:

VespaPX said:

Gold & Silver

Interesting.
    Where you buy from? Auctions?
    https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/one-year-gold-price
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    VespaPX said:

TWRAMYEP said:

VespaPX said:

Gold & Silver

Interesting.
    Where you buy from? Auctions?
    https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/one-year-gold-price
    I also buy from here, mainly silver coins , got a little bit of gold too.
  • Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    Hi Jacq,

I've been interested in football index for a while but don't know where to start. I've looked into the basics of how it works and have a small understanding of it but could you provide some tips/recommendations as to what you would do if you were start out right now from scratch knowing all the information you've picked up over your experience? I'm not looking for a massive guide but for example -

- what kind of bankroll would you reccomend you need to see a decent profit?
    - do you make the majority of profit from finding that gem, like shancho and hoping in a year or 2 they sky rocket or does a vast amount of profit come from dividends?
    - once you purchase a certain amount of stocks in a player are you keeping them for the long term, getting paid dividends or are you purchasing them with the sole intention of expecting their price to rise in coming months?

Cheers :)
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254

Hi Jacq,

I've been interested in football index for a while but don't know where to start. I've looked into the basics of how it works and have a small understanding of it but could you provide some tips/recommendations as to what you would do if you were start out right now from scratch knowing all the information you've picked up over your experience? I'm not looking for a massive guide but for example -

- what kind of bankroll would you reccomend you need to see a decent profit?
    - do you make the majority of profit from finding that gem, like shancho and hoping in a year or 2 they sky rocket or does a vast amount of profit come from dividends?
    - once you purchase a certain amount of stocks in a player are you keeping them for the long term, getting paid dividends or are you purchasing them with the sole intention of expecting their price to rise in coming months?

Cheers :)

1. 'Decent' is subjective, but if you can, I would start with a couple of grand and build.
    2. Both - there are lots of different strategies, playing for long term, 'flipping' for short term, media/transfer players, or performance buzz players.
    3. Both - the ideal player is someone who grows in price AND returns dividends - such as Sancho.

If I was buying right now, I would think the following players would be pretty safe:

James Justin
    Jude Bellingham
    Kane
    Sterling
    Foden
    Coutinho
    Nuno Tavares
    Maddison
  • Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for the reply, very helpful.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,539
    I bought a portfolio of players on footballindex with the intention to just leave it long term but it's looking like a better place would be to just put it in a tech index or something similar.

However, my players have been for sale for 2 days and NOT ONE has sold. I was expecting them to sell much quicker than this.

Has anyone got any experience with selling players on there?
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 529

I bought a portfolio of players on footballindex with the intention to just leave it long term but it's looking like a better place would be to just put it in a tech index or something similar.

However, my players have been for sale for 2 days and NOT ONE has sold. I was expecting them to sell much quicker than this.

Has anyone got any experience with selling players on there?

It can take a while especially if the players you are selling are not in high demand. I've known it to take up to 2 month for someone to sell before. Not many people buying up shares when the season has just finished either. It can be pretty frustrating but is still a great way to make money.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,539
    2 months! Crikey. New season be started by then. I'll hold till next season and hope for the best I suppose.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Plough all your money into Tom Heaton.
    Pretty sure he will be Villa No.1 next season and at 22p and the new dividend payments will prove an absolute bargain.
    You heard it here.
  • Options
    68Trebor said:

Plough all your money into Tom Heaton.
    Pretty sure he will be Villa No.1 next season and at 22p and the new dividend payments will prove an absolute bargain.
    You heard it here.

He’s on the move!
    Get in before it’s too late!
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:
    It’s a shame really as I enjoyed the theory behind the product. Luckily I only invested £300 to have a bit of fun with.
    I currently have 847 shares in Tyrone Mings which I can currently sell at 4p each. 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    Having read some of the articles by Caan Berry and Peter Webb regarding F. I. I got my money ( only £100 ) out about 2 months ago as they pretty much predicted this.

I feel sorry for those who re invested in the recent new trading launch but once the bonus system changed it was never going to be that profitable for 1,000's as players values declined. As the unrestricted selling between traders was prevented by F. I.'s rules, the issuing of more share for popular players only driving the value of your holding down, and the draconian cuts to bonus' showed, Football Index was becoming unsustainable.

In theory it should have worked well, but like any market, once greed and manipulation set in there is always fallout.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,053
    FI suspended trading including withdrawals last night.

Gambling commission suspend their licence.

Not looking good.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027

FI suspended trading including withdrawals last night.

Gambling commission suspend their licence.

Not looking good.

@dragon1964

The Company has gone into Administration too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-index-suspended-share-crash-b1816109.html
  • Options

Bet Mings has a blinder tonight and gets player of the day 😂😁😂😁
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    I guess players funds were not kept separate from business funds?

Just out of interest, what is the position of sky bet with players funds?