You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's back - Poker Premiership starts on Monday. £40,000 in prizes to be won.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,806

The ever popular Poker Premiership returns on Monday.

Usual drill, 4 separate Leagues, of which you may only be on one at any time.

Leaderboards for all 4 Leagues will be published daily, usually before 6pm.

Full details?

HERE

Comments

• Options

Please read the T & C's carefully before getting started, in particular;

4. Players can only play in one league at a time. If a player chooses to change leagues in the middle of a Promotional Week, any league points earned will not count towards the accrual of points in their new chosen league. Only the poker points earned after they have opted into the new league will count. Once you have opted in to your chosen league, do not opt in to the same league again. This will override any progress in that league and ALL LEAGUE POINTS WILL BE LOST.

12. Any poker points earned during a cash game session are not awarded until the player stands from the table. Please be aware that this is vitally important when approaching the end of each week (Sunday Midnight). If a player stands after the turn of Sunday midnight, all points earned during that session will go on to the new week.

• Options

And, of course, you MUST......

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 778
    Sounds like a fun promotion, but as someone who plays lower stakes cash/tourneys, is there any real incentive to enter this? Surely those who play the higher stakes cash games and tournaments will win all the prizes. Or have I misunderstood?

I'll probably enter one of the lower leagues and have a go either way.
  • Options
    Asho28 said:

Sounds like a fun promotion, but as someone who plays lower stakes cash/tourneys, is there any real incentive to enter this? Surely those who play the higher stakes cash games and tournaments will win all the prizes. Or have I misunderstood?

I'll probably enter one of the lower leagues and have a go either way.

Well it's always the case that those who play most have the best chance, but most of the high stakes player will be in the Premier League, as it offers bigger prizes & prize pool, so that's why there is a Championship, League One & League Two, so that everyone has a chance.

It's a very popular Promo when it runs, historically one of the most successful that Sky Poker have, but not all Promos suit everyone.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 778
    @Tikay10 - fair enough. I've only been on Sky since end of May and have only come across the Eliminator and Escalating freerolls so far, so perhaps I'm just too used to those!
    I'll try league two for the first week and assess whether I have any real chance of cashing in league one for the weeks thereafter.

@Duesenberg - think my equivalent would be the North West Counties league.
  • Options
    Asho28 said:

@Tikay10 - fair enough. I've only been on Sky since end of May and have only come across the Eliminator and Escalating freerolls so far, so perhaps I'm just too used to those!
    I'll try league two for the first week and assess whether I have any real chance of cashing in league one for the weeks thereafter.

@Asho28

It's just really difficult to find Promos that suit every player every month, so they do try to mix them up. It's certainly true that not all Promos suit all players, it's just a matter of trying to strike a fair balance, as all players need looking after.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    The promotions are coming thick and fast :)

I think I messed this one up last time - I flitted around a number of leagues and didn't score many points in any of them.

Would anyone be willing to give me a bit of strategy advice for league selection this time round? I think I can realistically earn around 300 poker points in a week...
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Highland league @MynaFrett ;)

300 a week is a big ask for a spot I would imagine. As a guess go for the 2nd bottom one :grey_question:
  • Options
    ScotsLionScotsLion Member Posts: 12
    Well its a relief that the Eliminator Freeroll nonsense is done....
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,543
    So, no promotion over the w/end then?

Farce.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,682
    people moaning about freerolls is nonsense..jeeze
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Asho28 said:

Both of those promos are good for lower stake players/who dont even have to put much volume in.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,538
    edited July 2020
    Oh lord, not the Sky Poker Premiership!

• Options
    WOW1tsANDYWOW1tsANDY Member Posts: 41
    Not sure if I am correct on this one but SNG players are earning 10 points per £1 raked in comparison to cash players earning 6 points per £1 raked. I noticed HU Hyper players winning this promo last year and would say they have a significant advantage as the promo is based on points earned rather than amount raked.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited August 2020

Not sure if I am correct on this one but SNG players are earning 10 points per £1 raked in comparison to cash players earning 6 points per £1 raked. I noticed HU Hyper players winning this promo last year and would say they have a significant advantage as the promo is based on points earned rather than amount raked.

Really? Thought those games hardly ran.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,682

really , who cares its a chance to win free money..happy days
  • Options
    WOW1tsANDYWOW1tsANDY Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2020
    MattBates said:

Really? Thought those games hardly ran.
    yeah winners of the non-top tier one were HU Hypers. pretty hard to compete with spin-ups though.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    The last two promos you didn’t have to put much effort in to compete for 1k
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397

Speaking as a TDYM player you can't compete with the Spin Up guys at times. Johmonty/Timmyrara and Richart give them a good go though if history repeats itself.

The Premiership top prizes are blocked out by the Spin Up guys and I have played the Championship along with other TDYM players.

Pick your lane and enjoy the promo. For the SU players to win they will be grinding and putting in a load of hours. Kudos for the work ethic of the top 3 of any league, not easy.