You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would be your ideal 6 max line up?

RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
edited August 2020 in Poker Chat
Mine would be as follows:
Daniel Negranu You can't leave out the most profitable calling station in the world lol

Phill Laak For his barmy but somehow bang on logic and table talk.

Tony G. You need a darn good wind up merchant for my next suggestion lol

Phil Helmouth. Just got to have him for when I call his raise with 2,3 off and flop A,4,5 and he barrels into it and explodes lol

Liv Boeree. Just so I can say to her I'm all in lol. I know, I know in this pc charged era it's wrong but **** it's still funny and she is a world class player.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    Denis Smith
    Jimmy Greenhoff
    Alan Hudson
    Ricardo Fuller
    and for craic Arsen Wenger >:)
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited August 2020
    Daniel Negranu
    Tony G & Phil Hellmeuth (they can share a seat)
    Vicky Coren
    Billy Connolly
    Frank Skinner
    Ally McCoist
    Henrik Larsson
    Lionel Messi

Plenty of room for everyone (live)
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited August 2020
    Poker playing fellow 6 maxers :smiley:

Gus Hansen
    Phil Ivey
    Sammy Farha
    Phil Hellmuth
    Tony G

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited August 2020
    Online Table:

Dues, so he can fold a lot while talking to himself twitching, while 5 betting me with 23dd
    SR22, for the one liners and philosophy
    liamboi, so we can have some big pots
    hhamza, for the unrelenting action
    maxally, to see how far 100bb's can go
    larson7, drive some action + of course donate to the 5 above

Sub Celeb Player, Ben Sulsky in case of any last minute call offs

• Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    Some really cool suggestions so far guys.

@stokefc Nice to see you've included your football heroes.

@LARSON7 I like your first choices and I'd happily pay to see Tong G and PH trying to share a seat without some form of violence or insults being thrown. Also have to admit to having had a bit of a crush on Victoria Coren back in the day when she first appeared on Channel 4's Late Night Poker and we could always get a 9 seat table for you seeing as how you can;t seem to count all that well lol.

@Cammykaze Another really strong line up and I can't believe I didn't even think about Gus Hanson! Sammy Farha is world class as well, plays cash doesn't he?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    @Cammykaze Another really strong line up and I can't believe I didn't even think about Gus Hanson! Sammy Farha is world class as well, plays cash doesn't he?

This would be a HSP setup :)

Gus Hansen - is about one of the only poker players I would be awe-struck by.

He has a good aura and charisma about him. Back in the day turned poker playing on it's head by making seemingly crazy plays which worked out for him in the early days of WPT. Changed the way the game could be played and seems to enjoy himself at the tables doing it. Got the impression most players enjoyed having him at the table on a personal level.

Phil Ivey - For pure poker playing and to balance out Phil Hellmuth and Tony G chat/niggling/whatever. Also would like to see if the myth on his long tanks is real :)

Sammy Farha - bit of gamble in him and good devil may care attitude. Someone who brings balance to the game with his plays.

Phil Hellmuth - from what I read he is a decent guy. With him and Tony G in the game it would be fun to watch they two niggling each other.

Tony G - Phil's sparring partner and also to say "I don't have a bike" when I bust out of the game :lol:

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076

For those not lucky enough to watch Phil Ivey in his prime, 15 long years ago, have a quick watch of this, & the Ivey tank. One of the most famous poker hands ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpu68F3rdxM

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,535
    Like tipping point you want it was played out to see the outcome. would'a could'a
  • Options
    hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    phil ivey
    doyle brunson
    tony g
    ryan riess
    luke schwartz
    brad garrett
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    5 drunken tourists who, as I approach table, tell me 7s are running hot tonight.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,304
    @SidV79 >:)
    @MISTY4ME :#
    @HANSON :s
    @BlairReid :p

For some easy chip farming ;)

Then eventually losing heads up (she's standing up to put her coat on) to @IrishRose with her pocket 99's...
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    If we're allowing anyone, it would be interesting to see how Sun Tzu would play. Probably LAG.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Purely for tension and fireworks, I'd like the following:

Daniel Negreanu
    Doug Polk
    Mike Matusow
    Shaun Deeb
    Phil Hellmuth
    misterpj

Slow rolls would be mandatory.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647

Daniel Negreanu
    Doug Polk
    Mike Matusow
    Shaun Deeb
    Phil Hellmuth
    misterpj

pj would destroy them
    are you not playing then
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,304

Daniel Negreanu
    Doug Polk
    Mike Matusow
    Shaun Deeb
    Phil Hellmuth
    misterpj

Tony G and Luke Schartz for the most action, surely??
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    Eric Bristow
    Phil Hellmuth
    Daniel Negreanu
    Stephen Fry
    Tony Blair
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited August 2020
    bert21 said:

Eric Bristow
    Phil Hellmuth
    Daniel Negreanu
    Stephen Fry
    Tony Blair

Me and a mate met Eric Bristow in Liverpool literally a couple of hours before he died. We were in a bar where Bobby George was playing an exhibition in the afternoon before that evening's Premier League event. Eric turned up briefly to say hello to Bobby. He was a bit of a **** tbh, but in his defence everybody was pestering him for a selfie, including my mate. A couple of hours later he has a massive heart attack and drops down dead. It all felt very surreal.

Sorry, totally off topic, but I saw his name and it reminded me of that day.
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    waller02 said:

bert21 said:

Eric Bristow
    Phil Hellmuth
    Daniel Negreanu
    Stephen Fry
    Tony Blair

Me and a mate met Eric Bristow in Liverpool literally a couple of hours before he died. We were in a bar where Bobby George was playing an exhibition in the afternoon before that evening's Premier League event. Eric turned up briefly to say hello to Bobby. He was a bit of a **** tbh, but in his defence everybody was pestering him for a selfie, including my mate. A couple of hours later he has a massive heart attack and drops down dead. It all felt very surreal.

Found him on a bad day maybe Waller02, underneath the loud personalty he was a real nice guy, spoke his mind which upset some people (that's why hes on my table to keep people in line lol ) played against him twice once in an exhibition and once in proper match lost the exhibition but won the proper game :-) played Bobby George 3 times in exhibitions and won them all, my claim to fame lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076

@bert21

Bit of a darts guy then? Tell us more please.

Still play? At what level?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited August 2020
    bert21 said:

waller02 said:

bert21 said:

Eric Bristow
    Phil Hellmuth
    Daniel Negreanu
    Stephen Fry
    Tony Blair

Found him on a bad day maybe Waller02, underneath the loud personalty he was a real nice guy, spoke his mind which upset some people (that's why hes on my table to keep people in line lol ) played against him twice once in an exhibition and once in proper match lost the exhibition but won the proper game :-) played Bobby George 3 times in exhibitions and won them all, my claim to fame lol
    Yeah you're probably right, he was only popping in, and like I said, he did have so many people in his face asking for photos, that must be pretty annoying even though its the way of life for a celebrity.

My mate beat Bobby too, he isn't the player he once was is he but he was a really nice fella.

Are you a county player then mate?