You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Trump:An American Dream.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,745
Like him or loathe him he is a fascinating character with all the lies & truths that surround him. On Sky Channel 137 (4seven) tonight at 10 o'clock is a documentary about his rise in the 1970's to being elected President. It's not a political programme but more of an insight to the most controversial president in American history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9h0bhi5_kc

Comments

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Skybet are betting on who will win the debate tonight.
    Snap poll by CNN decides who won it? 🤣
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,275
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575

(CNN)Six in 10 debate watchers said former Vice President Joe Biden did the best job in Tuesday's debate, and just 28% say President Donald Trump did, according a CNN Poll of debate watchers conducted by SSRS.
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,834
    The news corporations in the US are politically biased, they lean one way or the other. It is very difficult to get balanced reporting in the US.
    Tikay10 said:

(CNN)Six in 10 debate watchers said former Vice President Joe Biden did the best job in Tuesday's debate, and just 28% say President Donald Trump did, according a CNN Poll of debate watchers conducted by SSRS.

Well CNN would say that, like they said Hilary was winning in the polls by a huge margin before the last election.
    It all depends where you take your news from.
    It was also Trump v Chris Wallace + Sleepy Joe.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    pompeynic said:

The news corporations in the US are politically biased, they lean one way or the other. It is very difficult to get balanced reporting in the US.

Exactly, that was my point.

It scares the life out of me that the lying racist climate change denier Trump might get re-elected. It was a disaster for the world in 2016, pray God it does not happen again this time round.

Just imagine, a racist POTUS for another 4 years.

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,138
    'Old man yells at old man': Internet explodes with memes as despairing viewers watch ugly contest between Trump and Biden
    First debate between Trump and Biden descended into an ugly shouting match
    Viewers longed for moderator Chris Wallace to turn off their microphones
    Twitter exploded with memes as viewers shared each other's exasperation

Viewers longed for moderator Chris Wallace to turn off the candidates' microphones like a Zoom call as the two nominees treated the host 'like an inner city substitute teacher' and constantly talked over each other during the 90-minute clash. One voter adapted a joke from The Simpsons to summarize the Cleveland, Ohio debate with the newspaper headline: 'Old Man Yells At Old Man'. Another simply shared a picture of a weeping American continent - as the country readies itself for two more debates before the November 3 election.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8788455/Internet-explodes-memes-Trump-Biden-debate.html
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    I watched the debate and it was utterly depressing
    Tikay10 said:

pompeynic said:

It scares the life out of me that the lying racist climate change denier Trump might get re-elected. It was a disaster for the world in 2016, pray God it does not happen again this time round.

How many wars has Trump started in the last 4 years compared to previous Administrations?
    Quite the opposite.
    edited September 2020
    Biden was wired up having answers fed to him.

Trump - "Joe, why did your son Hunter get $3.5M from the Mayor of Moscow?"
    🛡Wallace - "We're gonna talk about climate change now"
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,554
    Trump swung from about 46% implied chance of winning before the debate to about 37% after the debate. That's huge considering it was just the first debate.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    Tikay10 said:

pompeynic said:

My only silver lining to that Trump cloud is my daughter and son in law , both in successful careers in California have said they will come home if Trump gets in again! So now I'm torn....
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    Sadly Biden isn’t the most charismatic
    If only there was another Obama out there right now

Surely though after the last 4 years and Trumps performance last night sense will prevail this time
    edited September 2020
    chilling said:

Skybet are betting on who will win the debate tonight.
    Snap poll by CNN decides who won it? 🤣

I was actually referring to the criteria used for settling the bet.
    In my mind, it was a100% certainty that Biden would win, using CNN, before kick off.
    Who at Skybet decides on that type of criteria?

For those that never bothered looking at the odds etc, i took a look about half hour before kick off, then five minutes before.
    The price was 4/11 then 2/5 for Biden,40% on your money.
    There was also a market for different words that might be used during the debate.
    Made easier by the fact that you were told the areas up for debate.

Big wheelbarrow next time.

Can’t wait for the next episode.

edited September 2020
    Jac35 said:

Sadly Biden isn’t the most charismatic
    If only there was another Obama out there right now

Surely though after the last 4 years and Trumps performance last night sense will prevail this time

Another Manchurian candidate?
    This could be classed as Treason:
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/29/breaking-russia-believed-clinton-was-planning-anti-trump-collusion-campaign-in-2016-and-u-s-officials-knew-it/?fbclid=IwAR3MdzHEtSaXhasyD9cbPH0NbwN9R18hGIKTjbIOinToytQ1Ih_cysY9jGw