You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Abuse at the tables.

Comments

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    aup nah lads it's just a game of cards..no need
  • rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    edited October 2020
    That's not like you Chris? Such a mild mannered guy! By weapon, do you mean hammer like a tool? ;)

Yeah u right my bad i wont say anything last comment on this sry if i offended anyone. ps https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9CvZw1IsxtBVH94ByhxoQ. V gd mental game coach working with him at moment ty for pointing out one of problems mate
  • mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645
    Arrogant said:

There is some coaching i agree with and thats mental coaching.This loon clearly needs it, spamming the chat with hate on the regular.

Who are we talking about, here? This thread is so convoluted.
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    mushroom1 said:

Arrogant said:

There is some coaching i agree with and thats mental coaching.This loon clearly needs it, spamming the chat with hate on the regular.

Who are we talking about, here? This thread is so convoluted.
    Words like convoluted make your point convoluted AF
  • Angela124Angela124 Member Posts: 71
    Half the people reading this are like tell who it is? The other half are hoping its not them :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814
    Angela124 said:

Half the people reading this are like tell who it is? The other half are hoping its not them :)

@Angela124

That's about right.

And it attracts a few new posters, too. Welcome. ;)

Think I saw you played last night's Midnight Express.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    Homophobic abuse , just like that, from nowhere.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814

An adult throwing around 1980's schoolboy insults - in a Freeroll. You could not make it up.

10,000-1 he'd be brave enough to say it face to face.
  • DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    well played Terry. And I thought i'd seen the height of self embarrassment just watching you play
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    @mumsie And yet your reply was priceless! I hope that stopped him in his tracks.

I have had numerous insults (in the recent past) from one particular player. I have rarely replied but it has been heartening to see many others at the table have responded to this person on my behalf. I just avoid playing the one tournament a night that he plays now to save the aggro. Shame.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    Being Abused is better than being ignored .......
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,480
    wow well I recognise both those names. I have a silly sense of humour and sometimes when I am playing casually on the site eg not multi tabling or in heads up hypers I get very silly in the chat. I never go out of my way to upset or anger people though. I am just trying to be silly.
    Most of the time people just do not respond but some of the time people do. I have seen good humoured witty responses back from Haysie, which is probably the correct way to handle my sillys. I have had one or two other players politely ask me to quite down a bit which I usually respect. Then I have had Terrytwomore swear at me very inappropriately and then hails abuse.
    I normally don't mention names in posts but then I think its okay if saying positive things, and Terrytwomore warrants the neg comment because I think he has a short fuse and just goes off on quite a few people by the looks of it.
    This is not the first time I have heard of him going of on others.

Usually I just laugh when terry goes off on me because I admit it, when he hurls abuse at me It stops been silly and is now just trying to wind him up because he been a bit of a ****. I do get trolly if people provoke it by acting like dicks. Eg one tourney I was distracted by something non poker related in one single hand and it was the only hand I had taken time with and some player at the table hurled abuse at me for taking to long so I then time banked every single hand and went on about how it was a massive decision.

generally I am used to occasional abuse at the tables and if it actually got to me I could always ignore chat, but actual abuse does make it unpleasant for some people. for life poker if I just received abuse all the time I might just decide not to go anymore as it may be unpleasant.

I guess the concern is not for reg on reg chat abuse but more if casuals see it and don't like the game because of this or if the abuse is hurled at a more sensitive player it could cause people to quit.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    Got your verbal attention & received the verbal abuse.....
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    There have been a few comments because of what i had to say in the coaching thread, and the clique of players have decided that gives them the right to throw a load of abuse my way at the tables.
    The main ones are rspca and destinycod.

I dont mind banter like a 19% roi guy offering me coaching but spamming the chat with a load of insults its pretty uncalled for.Youcunt youcunt youcunt was the kind of chat from these guys on the night jordz brought up.

Maybe its just another way of them giving back to the community.Charging up to £200 an hour for coaching (close to hourly of super elite players), scamming players who dont know any better on play for profit deals was maybe not enough.Entertaining the tables with a barrage of insults has been added to their bow of gifts to this community.

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Just keep game info tab on during games and ignore it because it might effect your game.

Hopefully this will slow down and disappear now it's been brought to a wider audience, so props to Jordz for bringing it up.
    Arrogant said:

There have been a few comments because of what i had to say in the coaching thread, and the clique of players have decided that gives them the right to throw a load of abuse my way at the tables.
    The main ones are rspca and destinycod.

I dont mind banter like a 19% roi guy offering me coaching but spamming the chat with a load of insults its pretty uncalled for.Youcunt youcunt youcunt was the kind of chat from these guys on the night jordz brought up.

Maybe its just another way of them giving back to the community.Charging up to £200 an hour for coaching (close to hourly of super elite players), scamming players who dont know any better on play for profit deals was maybe not enough.Entertaining the tables with a barrage of insults has been added to their bow of gifts to this community.

200 quid gd info
    19% roi gd info
    edited November 2020
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    Your roi on sky isnt 19? 20 maybe.Ive no idea what you charge an hour, rates posted above were what ive read on the forum on what others are doing.