You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Discord

Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
edited July 2023 in Poker Chat

Comments

• Options
    If you are playing tonight, pop on say hi.
  • Options
    we're up to 11 folk so far, slowly but surely growing. Don't be shy pop in to chat, share your day, week, or even talk rubbish to pass the time when on the felt.

See you guys there.

Daniel.

• Options
    I was wondering if I should put in more sub categories eg one for FTT. As one set up for the MML so was wondering if that something you would be interested in to instant chat with others while playing?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    FTT section added.
  • Options
    Discord still active, feel free to pop by and say hi!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    Great night last night on Discord.
    The many facets of Duesenberg - who would of thought!
    Reg - how low can you go! lol.
    As for those Twitter feeds that were being posted - bizarre, simply bizarre.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    What's the need for a discord when you have this forum? Seems a bit dodgy to me.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I can confirm nothing dodgy about it, we do have rules in place which is the first thing you'll see once joined. It is simply an extension of the community where we have general chit chat with each other. The only time when anything sus is happening is when we are all playing the pc game Among Us post session.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Danyo0 said:

I can confirm nothing dodgy about it, we do have rules in place which is the first thing you'll see once joined. It is simply an extension of the community where we have general chit chat with each other. The only time when anything sus is happening is when we are all playing the pc game Among Us post session.

Or maybe it is a place for gutless people to **** off other players on the snide and talk about how much they hate them?

Community lol 😂.

Gang of virgins more like.

BTW I have no idea what I done to upset you @MattBates but copying and pasting the chatbox to discord when you very luckily knock me out the Midnight Express is absolutely the most tragic thing I have seen in my poker life. Up £300k and that's the best you can find to do with your time? What a sad state of affairs, still I suppose in the discord you must have 'King of the Virgins' status eh Matt?

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    discord
    noun
    noun: discord
    /ˈdɪskɔːd/
    disagreement between people.
    "a prosperous family who showed no signs of discord"
    Similar:
    strife
    conflict
    friction
    hostility
    disagreement
    lack of agreement
    dissension
    dispute
    difference of opinion
    discordance
    disunity
    division
    incompatibility
    variance
    antagonism
    antipathy
    enmity
    opposition
    bad feeling
    ill feeling
    bad blood
    argument
    quarrelling
    squabbling
    bickering
    wrangling
    feuding
    contention
    clashing
    falling-out
    war
    vendetta
    jar
    disaccord
    Opposite:
    agreement
    accord
    harmony
    MUSIC
    lack of harmony between notes sounding together.
    "the music faded in discord"
    Similar:
    dissonance
    discordance
    lack of harmony
    disharmony
    cacophony
    jarring
    jangling
    Opposite:
    harmony
    verbARCHAIC
    verb: discord; 3rd person present: discords; past tense: discorded; past participle: discorded; gerund or present participle: discording
    /dɪsˈkɔːd/
    (of people) disagree.
    "we discorded commonly on two points"
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    gregkdy82 said:

Danyo0 said:

Or maybe it is a place for gutless people to **** off other players on the snide and talk about how much they hate them?

Community lol 😂.

BTW I have no idea what I done to upset you @MattBates but copying and pasting the chatbox to discord when you very luckily knock me out the Midnight Express is absolutely the most tragic thing I have seen in my poker life. Up £300k and that's the best you can find to do with your time? What a sad state of affairs, still I suppose in the discord you must have 'King of the Virgins' status eh Matt?

Please can you and @waller02 have "King of the Virgins" as your mini ukops team name!!!!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited November 2020
    PKRPar said:

gregkdy82 said:

Danyo0 said:

Community lol 😂.

Please can you and @waller02 have "King of the Virgins" as your mini ukops team name!!!!
    I have left the team name decision with @gregkdy82 so it's entirely up to him
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    All @gregkdy82 can do is pick a fight from a comment made ages ago, no chance he can pick a team name.
    Discord = banter, fun and letting off steam. From it's ever growing list of members l'd say it's a welcome addition to the community.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    madprof said:

discord
    noun
    noun: discord
    /ˈdɪskɔːd/
    disagreement between people.
    "a prosperous family who showed no signs of discord"
    Similar:
    strife
    conflict
    friction
    hostility
    disagreement
    lack of agreement
    dissension
    dispute
    difference of opinion
    discordance
    disunity
    division
    incompatibility
    variance
    antagonism
    antipathy
    enmity
    opposition
    bad feeling
    ill feeling
    bad blood
    argument
    quarrelling
    squabbling
    bickering
    wrangling
    feuding
    contention
    clashing
    falling-out
    war
    vendetta
    jar
    disaccord
    Opposite:
    agreement
    accord
    harmony
    MUSIC
    lack of harmony between notes sounding together.
    "the music faded in discord"
    Similar:
    dissonance
    discordance
    lack of harmony
    disharmony
    cacophony
    jarring
    jangling
    Opposite:
    harmony
    verbARCHAIC
    verb: discord; 3rd person present: discords; past tense: discorded; past participle: discorded; gerund or present participle: discording
    /dɪsˈkɔːd/
    (of people) disagree.
    "we discorded commonly on two points"

So, what you trying to say?
  • Options
    tonyp142tonyp142 Member Posts: 33
    Not read all the comments but have seen a few people making negative comments about the discord. Just wanted to say a few things.
    1. The sky forum as a platform IMO is very outdated. (Don’t mean to offend anyone by this!) My post button disappears all the time. The other day I logged into the forum my and it automatically loaded a new tables through the browser when I had the client open, causing me to start blinding out of a sng

2. Discord group means you can message instantly and is obviously mobile friendly so is great to use as you are playing.
    Most comments aren’t negative or bitchy. It creates a better sense of community as conversations are instant and new members/poker players can immediately get friendly advice and feel like they are not isolated.

I’m all for the discord. Probably unfair to just straight up criticise it!

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,724
    tonyp142 said:

Not read all the comments but have seen a few people making negative comments about the discord. Just wanted to say a few things.
    1. The sky forum as a platform IMO is very outdated. (Don’t mean to offend anyone by this!) My post button disappears all the time. The other day I logged into the forum my and it automatically loaded a new tables through the browser when I had the client open, causing me to start blinding out of a sng

2. Discord group means you can message instantly and is obviously mobile friendly so is great to use as you are playing.
    Most comments aren’t negative or bitchy. It creates a better sense of community as conversations are instant and new members/poker players can immediately get friendly advice and feel like they are not isolated.

I’m all for the discord. Probably unfair to just straight up criticise it!

Hi @tonyp142

The “ You can message instantly, and is obviously mobile friendly” ( during play) would be frowned upon in live games., so I’m guessing that was the “ dodgy” remark Greg was alluding to.

I’m neither on one side nor the other, hopefully we don’t teach our children to “ Gang up and berate others” whilst telling the recipient to “ Man up”.
  • Options
    agent-47agent-47 Member Posts: 12
    hi, is anyone streaming tonight?