You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

can I get confirmation is this allowed?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,610
So I have started playing on other sites and found they have good games too. Ideally I would like to continue playing on Sky poker and play on these over sites as well. If this is not viable I will have choose one site, and whilst I like sky poker it may lose out due to the fact of game volume.
I currently have an issue where if playing on two sites at once the tables cant be tiled easily across both sites and overlap and this leads to me missing hands and sitting out etc.
I am aware there is software out there which can tile tables across multiple sites and auto sit you back in if you sit out. Considering that the software would not give me any unfair advantage against opponents eg would not give me a hud or info about a particular villan I would hope this would be allowed for sky? However wanted to confirm that.

I think their is a rule against mentioning other poker sites on here so not sure if it is okay to mention the exact software I am talking about as that is a separate company to sky, which is why I have not mentioned it specifically but if Tikay or sky admin staff say its okay to mention name of software i am enquiring about for clarity will mention that detail here.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,018
    Doubleme said:

So I have started playing on other sites and found they have good games too. Ideally I would like to continue playing on Sky poker and play on these over sites as well. If this is not viable I will have choose one site, and whilst I like sky poker it may lose out due to the fact of game volume.
    I currently have an issue where if playing on two sites at once the tables cant be tiled easily across both sites and overlap and this leads to me missing hands and sitting out etc.
    I am aware there is software out there which can tile tables across multiple sites and auto sit you back in if you sit out. Considering that the software would not give me any unfair advantage against opponents eg would not give me a hud or info about a particular villan I would hope this would be allowed for sky? However wanted to confirm that.

I think their is a rule against mentioning other poker sites on here so not sure if it is okay to mention the exact software I am talking about as that is a separate company to sky, which is why I have not mentioned it specifically but if Tikay or sky admin staff say its okay to mention name of software i am enquiring about for clarity will mention that detail here.

I usually play on 2-4 other sites at the same time.
    I manually tile my tables. Unless there is a very large buy-in, then it goes in start time order:-

Top Left; Bottom Left; Bottom Middle; Top Middle; Top Right; Bottom Right.

When out of 1, move the snake round. If (usually briefly) playing 7-8 tables, then newest go between top/bottom left.

I never play more than 8 tables. Quite simply, I became a slight losing player at 7 tables, and a losing player at 9.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    Yes it's confirmed you are as dull as dishwater.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

"I think their is a rule against mentioning other poker sites on here so not sure if it is okay to mention the exact software I am talking about as that is a separate company to sky, which is why I have not mentioned it specifically but if Tikay or sky admin staff say its okay to mention name of software i am enquiring about for clarity will mention that detail here."

There are no rules here to prevent you mentioning other poker sites or various software. We ask you don't SPAM other products, but that's all.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

"I think their is a rule against mentioning other poker sites on here so not sure if it is okay to mention the exact software I am talking about as that is a separate company to sky, which is why I have not mentioned it specifically but if Tikay or sky admin staff say its okay to mention name of software i am enquiring about for clarity will mention that detail here."

There are no rules here to prevent you mentioning other poker sites or various software. We ask you don't SPAM other products, but that's all.

thanks for confirming so this is what I found https://www.easypppoker.com/blog/the-6-best-multitabling-poker-softwares/
    the software pieces
    I am considering from this list are

Stack and tile https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/

Table tamer https://tabletamer.com/index.php/compatibility

slot poker pro https://slotpokerpro.com/en/how-to-use/ this one may not be usable as the other two say you can custom to sites not mentioned this does not say that also it mentions hud which is banned on both my main sites. not sure if hud is something automatic or an extra though.

ones I have ruled out are
    Table Ninja as it does not support any of my sites

session lord because it clearly would be in violation of the terms of the other site and I think also sky poker.

party caption because I think it only works with party poker rooms and party poker is down my list of sites dont really have a good reason for that just the site feels wrong somehow cant explain why. (not making rigged allegations im not one of those just dont like the feel of the site)

So I guess the main two I am asking about been legal or not on sky are table tamer and stack and tile.

I would really appreciate if we could confirm if these are allowed or not, because I want to stay on both sites ideally and whilst other people may find that doable without software I find that difficult. I of course never want to violate any terms of a site and find myself in a situation where I am banned from playing and or have my funds seized. (I have heard of cases where people are accused rightly or wrongly of cheating and have their balances confiscated but are welcome to redeposit and continue playing. this makes no sense to me as If I had funds seized I would be off that site forever, and why would a site let someone who they believe to have cheated continue to play? thats off topic though)

could I please get confirmation on whether stack and tile or table tamer are allowed for use on SKY?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited February 2021
    Why on Earth would they NOT be allowed? Its just software that tiles your tables.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    waller02 said:

Why on Earth would they NOT be allowed? Its just software that tiles your tables.

It's all a bit silly really isn't it
  • Options
    Am I allowed to wear socks while I play or is it bare feet only?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

well i dont disagree with you but different sites have different rules and some sites may have rules that I or you dont agree with. for example some sites have anonymous tables and allow name changes the idea been that it stops skilled players hunting weaker players and produces a fairer poker ecology. My thoughts are it can also lead to weak players not realizing they are playing a shark and lead to collusion been harder to detect.

One site I know of bans software that randomizers timings, which supposedly gives you an advantage because it stops people getting timing tells of you. I think this is silly as My timing fluctuates based on my attention been on multiple poker tables and also many other factors unrelated to the cards. I dont see this as giving anyone an unfair advantage but that site clearly does. I see no need for software to vary timings anyway so its a moot point to me.

My point however is though that whilst a poker sites rules may or may not seem silly to me or you their rules still stand, and if we violate those rules we risk bans and lose of funds.

So Whilst I agree it would be silly if it is not allowed I would like to just check and get an official answer before I use such software and potentially risk unfortunate consequences.
  • Options
    You are massively other thinking things. I use software to tile my tables, as do many many others.
  • Options
    NitrogenNitrogen Member Posts: 67
    Politely asking a question to make sure you don't get banned is perfectly reasonable.

Making fun of someone for asking isn't.
  • Options
    Actually while we are on the topic is Equilab ok to be open while playing - some sites ban it some don't. It's not helpful for analysing spots in real time which is clearly wrong but running the numbers on a hand after it's happened is useful.

Please mock me if you already know the answer to this and I don't.
  • Options
    Nitrogen said:

Politely asking a question to make sure you don't get banned is perfectly reasonable.

Making fun of someone for asking isn't.

Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.
  • Options
    Or help people who ask for help because it's nice to do?

This message board is not exactly swamped with posts, putting people off because they will get told their questions are silly is, well... silly.

Or bullying, take your pick.
  • Options
    Nitrogen said:

Or help people who ask for help because it's nice to do?

This message board is not exactly swamped with posts, putting people off because they will get told their questions are silly is, well... silly.

Or bullying, take your pick.

Well why would using software to tile tables risk a ban from ANY site? People use multiple monitors, do they ask for permission first?

Bullying? Why, for giving a ridiculous reply to a ridiculous question? I await my forum ban then.
  • Options
    Well at least you know you were being ridiculous.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    Sky can't be arsed to fix glitches that are months or years old.

You think their software is sophisticated enough to pick up people using software that they would rather you didn't use?

They couldn't find their **** with both hands. I'm pretty sure using table tiling software won't put you in any hot water.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

The rules are designed & intended to ban the use of stuff like HUD's & Seating Scripts.

I don't believe that software which helps a player tile his tables better falls within that.
  • Options
    pstoneypstoney Member Posts: 327
    @Tikay10 HUDS are banned on sky???
    I was going to ask about HUDS before and have read up on them
    Some sites don’t allow them and others do
    Wasn’t sure about sky and I personally think they give players an unfair advantage
    If they are allowed on sky is anyone using them???
  • Options
    pstoney said:

@Tikay10 HUDS are banned on sky???
    I was going to ask about HUDS before and have read up on them
    Some sites don’t allow them and others do
    Wasn’t sure about sky and I personally think they give players an unfair advantage
    If they are allowed on sky is anyone using them???

@pstoney

The Terms of Service on Sky Poker expressly forbid the use of HUD's.