You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SLOW PLAY..........

PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
Hi

Is there any rulings regarding slow play? I've just finished a small tournament where for the last 2 hours one player - who I will name - Hally1965, ran the clock down ON every hand, and every turn to act he/she had. This wasn't a connection issue, the player purposely ran the clock down and then folded (or acted) 1 second before the clock was due to run out.

At first I thought it was as we approached the bubble, but after the bubble it continued. It really meant the table lost all its flow and enjoyment. It was needless; to the point of running down on every street or just before folding.

Initial thoughts are why is the player clock so long with no time bank?

I reported to live chat, what will happen, I guess nothing, but I hope an email at least; as surely that cannot persist for every game that player plays?

Thanks

Comments

• The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    Nothing at all will happen.

It is hyper annoying but no rules are being broken.

At least you will have given live chat a giggle on the graveyard shift.
  • PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
    The--Don said:

I am sure I did! Just grated me, can't understand why and can't be enjoyable for oneself to have to sit there and do that every play. GRRRR!
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    The--Don said:

Before Doubleme gives them his life story in a couple of hours.

OP, some certain players just like to tank, and tank, and tank some more.

They could be a million places off the money spots yet they still tank.
    They could have 3bb (which is stacked for some) and yet they still tank.
    They could be the biggest nit on the site and yet they still tank.
    They probably tank fold kings because kings aren't as good as aces.
    They probably tank when they walk to their local shop in Stoke or Sunderland or wherever.

Some people just love to Max tank.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,075
    edited March 2021

The--Don said:

Before Doubleme gives them his life story in a couple of hours.

OP, some certain players just like to tank, and tank, and tank some more.

They could be a million places off the money spots yet they still tank.
    They could have 3bb (which is stacked for some) and yet they still tank.
    They could be the biggest nit on the site and yet they still tank.
    They probably tank fold kings because kings aren't as good as aces.
    They probably tank when they walk to their local shop in Stoke or Sunderland or wherever.

Some people just love to Max tank.
    Hey in some areas of Stoke you need a Tank to shop safely.

On a serious note though some online players do it to avoid giving timing tells.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Hi.
    Some of us play more than one tournament at a time and find it difficult keeping up.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    they pays their monies bla bla bla
  • daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    I'm sure it'll have been done on here numerous times with an explanation, but even a modest time bank feature would be a good addition IMO. I tend to play £5-£11 tournments and i'm not that precious about it, but some of the bigger buy-in's and cash games would probably benefit...
  • wibbzwibbz Member Posts: 14
    On some sites deliberate slow play is against the Ts & Cs. This got brought up during the Polk Negraneau challenge when DNegs started tanking every hand
  • wibbzwibbz Member Posts: 14

I'm sure it'll have been done on here numerous times with an explanation, but even a modest time bank feature would be a good addition IMO. I tend to play £5-£11 tournments and i'm not that precious about it, but some of the bigger buy-in's and cash games would probably benefit...

the explanation is that it would take some development effort, for which I assume there aren't many resources, seeing as the client can't handle antes, variable bet buttons etc etc...
  • poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,495
    I can't believe you're reporting someone for taking their time!
    They have every right to play at whatever speed they want!
  • PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
    poppy765 said:

poppy765 said:

With respect, it was every hand, every street the whole clock for over two hours. No problem with players taking their time. It felt like really poor etiquette. I raised it because I wondered if there was a warning about it. The player didn’t engage and so what can be done? As sky poker doesn’t have a time bank (ridiculous) the clock feels quite long every time (and when actual extra time is genuinely needed there is no time bank to call upon).

It was a deliberate timed play. My argument is if every player did that every play it would be horrific game play. It was bad enough with one.

Thanks all
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    You do realize your getting slow-played every tournament you play for the rest of your life, by anyone that has read this thread. ;)@PAPABURG
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    mumsie said:

You do realize your getting slow-played every tournament you play for the rest of your life, by anyone that has read this thread. ;)@PAPABURG

;)

When a player is being deliberately slow & others at the table get on his case, they are never going to speed up, it's basic human psychology.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

;)

When a player is being deliberately slow & others at the table get on his case, they are never going to speed up, it's basic human psychology.
    yup
    when someone types zzzzz in the chat box , even if it's not aimed at me i tank just for the wind up :p

@stokefc

I think everyone does.
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited March 2021
    This is from Sky Poker : But not part of the T's + C's

Table Etiquette
    Keep the Action Moving

Keep your eye on the game and be aware of when it is your turn. The table does give you an audio reminder when the action is on you but from time to time you may not hear it. If you are consistently taking a long time to make your decisions you may make the game less enjoyable for others. If you are playing more than one table, please ensure you try and keep up with the play on each table to ensure smooth running of the game for all players in attendance. We offer an 'Autopost Blinds' option to keep the game ticking over nicely which is a good feature to use.

Be Patient & Polite

On the flip side, if a player at your table is using all of their time bank when in a hand every time, please address the issue in a polite way. Most of the time a short string of 'zzzz' in the chat box will work. Sometimes the delay is not under the player's control, but they may appreciate you letting them know as often a lagging player will actually think it's the whole game, not realising it's their fault.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,075
    mumsie said:

Already got the note made.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    Theres a guy called madmoney19 at the micros.

If someone times out, which happens from time to time accidentally , he goes into a rage and announces two can play that game.

He then times out every hand himself, announcing why hes doing it, teaching the table a lesson.

Hes also entertaining if you congratulate someone who wins a pot against him , but thats another story for another day.
    mumsie said:

Theres a guy called madmoney19 at the micros.

If someone times out, which happens from time to time accidentally , he goes into a rage and announces two can play that game.

He then times out every hand himself, announcing why hes doing it, teaching the table a lesson.

Hes also entertaining if you congratulate someone who wins a pot against him , but thats another story for another day.

It's amazing how little things exercise some players so much. Slow play is a minor irritant, but I can't imagine I would ever allow it to spoil my enjoyment of our wonderful game.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    It is irritating but there is nothing to stop him doing it

I play quickly but get the zzzzz thing every so often when I’m multi tabling

Strange that Sky recommend writing zzzzz
    I’ve never seen it get a good response