You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is this level of detail needed

Jeni82Jeni82 Member Posts: 60

Sky - is it really necessary to make it difficult to report name calling?

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Did it not take you longer to post this than just answer the questions?
  • Jeni82Jeni82 Member Posts: 60
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814

@Jeni82

It is needed, yes, because contacts from Customers are not always from whom they purport to be.

"Mischievous" callers can create havoc with other people's accounts.
    @Tikay10 : trying to understand (and not trying to be a pain here, apologies if I am). In this instance, the hand number is visible and sky poker am assuming can check the chat transcript. If true, action. My details shouldn’t matter.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    It's good practice to log who made the complaint etc.
  • IVIysticalIVIystical Member Posts: 101
    Jeni82 said:

@Tikay10 : trying to understand (and not trying to be a pain here, apologies if I am). In this instance, the hand number is visible and sky poker am assuming can check the chat transcript. If true, action. My details shouldn’t matter.

As farfetched as this may appear you could be logged onto someone elses account (in that first screenshot) writing that message and reporting it in an attempt to get someone's hacked account banned. I doubt this has ever happened or ever will but because it's plausible there has to be security measures put in place to prevent negligence on Skys behalf.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    You have led a sheltered life if somebody typing **** head in the chat offends you to the point where you feel the need to report it to customer care.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    If I reported everyone who called me a cnut, it'd take me all year.
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997

only a year, think yourself lucky.
  • DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240

As your legal advisor, I must note that it is a complete defence to a claim in libel or slander if the defendant can show that the allegations they have published are substantially true.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814
    edited April 2021
    Jeni82 said:

@Jeni82

Every single call or chat right across all SB&G Brands is logged for research purposes into Customer Experience, then collated & analysed, to better assess what is causing most negative & positive feedback.

If they receive - say, 10 complaints per day from 10,000 players, they will likely ignore it, if they receive 1,000 complaints they would do something. It's just a way of measuring Customer satisfaction.

The CC agents have to fill in a "Menu" & Page 1 is the Customer Details. They can't progress the data input further until those basic details have all been filled in.

That aside, it's just good business practice.

I'm not a fan of players are abusing each other, but it's poker, & it happens from time to time. Remember you can "mute" the chat of other players if you wish.

Have a great weekend Jeni.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    Nobody should have to put up with abuse but people do it anyway ,it depends on the person on the receiving the abuse and what kind of abuse .
    the abuse above is pretty tame really i get that stuff regulary even now the wife is calling me an ignorant cnut for posting this and not listening to her talking about Prince Phillip..i conna win
    Folks- appreciate all the views shared above. Just wanted to share that the sky poker Twitter did respond to above message of mine and kudos to them for it.
    @Tikay10 : mute is definitely an option but it misses out on all the other banter which I enjoy while playing.