You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bankroll Building

2»

Comments

• mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    Staked £93.76
    Cashed £112.46
    Profit/Loss +£18.70
    Bankroll £37.05
    Had a very pleasing week. Won a little bit and all whilst multi-tabling. The comeback is on hopefully & I played roughly 60 games. I had a bit more discipline in my game and used my timebank more in pretty much every hand which made quite a big difference to my thought process. I hope to play allot more this week and feel excited to play.
    Enjoy the sun people while its here.
    Danny
    edited April 2021
    Staked £177.61
    Cashed £314.26
    Profit/Loss +£136.65
    Bankroll £173.70
    Had a really good week this time around. I won a small £2 tournament for £57 and also came second in DYM streak week for £65 so this has made a massive difference to how I feel about the game. I have been working away from the table to bridge the gap between good decisions which can be made and not being so worried about the card result that happens and where that leads to. I know I need to do allot more to bring up the consistency aspect of my game. I have not been trying to overthink or over complicate my plays but thinking more about what good boards are good for me and what ones clearly are not. This has saved me lots of chips but also means it can be harder to know when bets are for value and I am not so transparent to my opponents.

I have been doing much more exercise to get back into refereeing. There are so many games going at the minute with all the pileup of fixtures that need to be cleared from Lockdown. I am doing my daily walks and also covered 18 miles running for each of the last two weekends.

Its good to get out more as well with the wife as freedom has returned and we have to make the most of it.

I hope everyone is well and thanks for reading,
    Danny
    Have not been able to play much recently nut will get back on it next week. Hope everyone is well.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    well done on the previous weeks results and streak week cash.

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited May 2021
    I think Greg is probably right
    90% of dyms is playing it simple
    At £5 stakes players make a lot of mistakes and that is where we profit. Let them make the mistakes, not us. The standard, bar a few regs, isn’t great

My last £5 dym last night springs to mind.
    On the bubble I was the short stack. I folded the button and the sb raised and the bb shoved and was snap called. Their hands? Q3 and J9
    Q3 wins the hand and it’s a cash for us

I noticed an ok reg grumbling the other night when his shove was called by 10 8. 10 8 won the hand. But who cares? Long term this is great for us

Good luck in your games
  • saymynameesaymynamee Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2021
    Jac35 said:

At £5 stakes players make a lot of mistakes and that is where we profit. Let them make the mistakes, not us. The standard, bar a few regs, isn’t great

On the bubble I was the short stack. I folded the button and the sb raised and the bb shoved and was snap called. Their hands? Q3 and J9

I noticed an ok reg grumbling the other night when his shove was called by 10 8. 10 8 won the hand. But who cares? Long term this is great for us

Good luck in your games

I feel like what qualifies as simple to you might not be as simple to anyone else. Like if blinds are at 100/200 and everyone has 1500, it folds to your small blind, you have 32o. Say the big blind is a) a very good reg b) a known goober. What's the play?

I would say a) shove and b) fold is far and away my decision. Frankly if you're achieving the kind of winrates you do by not jamming into good players in spots where they know they can't call with less than KK, I will unironically pay you for coaching. And if you're doing so by jamming into bad players in spots where they can't call but will anyway, then you must be the second coming of Mike Postle.

But for examples less black and white than that, I often find myself lost on where to draw the line. How likely is this OK reg to raise/fold as a steal attempt? I mean, depending on how pot committed the Q3 guy was in your example, the player with J9 may have been well within his rights to expect a raise/fold on the bubble practically every time with you being short. Is this guy who I've seen in my games a few times the type to call me on the bubble with AT? Do I have a better chance of cashing by sticking my 2bb stack in the middle from the BB when the big stack CO is shoving ATC between huffs of glue, or by folding away 1.5bb because the blinds are about to go up and the guy in the SB has less than 1BB at the next level?

Idk, it just seems to me that unless you have a very good brain for the maths of DYMs (especially bubble maths), or very good player notes, it's hard to beat the 5.50+ levels.

Jac35 said:

Good luck in your games

I feel like what qualifies as simple to you might not be as simple to anyone else. Like if blinds are at 100/200 and everyone has 1500, it folds to your small blind, you have 32o. Say the big blind is a) a very good reg b) a known goober. What's the play?

I would say a) shove and b) fold is far and away my decision. Frankly if you're achieving the kind of winrates you do by not jamming into good players in spots where they know they can't call with less than KK, I will unironically pay you for coaching. And if you're doing so by jamming into bad players in spots where they can't call but will anyway, then you must be the second coming of Mike Postle.

But for examples less black and white than that, I often find myself lost on where to draw the line. How likely is this OK reg to raise/fold as a steal attempt? I mean, depending on how pot committed the Q3 guy was in your example, the player with J9 may have been well within his rights to expect a raise/fold on the bubble practically every time with you being short. Is this guy who I've seen in my games a few times the type to call me on the bubble with AT? Do I have a better chance of cashing by sticking my 2bb stack in the middle from the BB when the big stack CO is shoving ATC between huffs of glue, or by folding away 1.5bb because the blinds are about to go up and the guy in the SB has less than 1BB at the next level?

Idk, it just seems to me that unless you have a very good brain for the maths of DYMs (especially bubble maths), or very good player notes, it's hard to beat the 5.50+ levels.

I’d agree the J9 should get folds. He just chose the wrong opponent

Your last sentence is fairly accurate
    Player notes are hugely important. You’re absolutely correct in that. I beat myself up when i shove correctly, but against the wrong players.
    The more you play obviously the more experience you get at dym bubbles
    Jac35 said:

Jac35 said:

Good luck in your games

Player notes are hugely important. You’re absolutely correct in that. I beat myself up when i shove correctly, but against the wrong players.
    What sort of thing do you find useful to write in your notes jac35? . I'm always reading people say how important notes are but have never kept any. I always say to myself Im going to start but I genuinely don't know what sort of thing I should be writing. I watched a few YouTube videos a while back about taking notes but the sort of stuff they were writing was far too complicated and time consuming for me. I started giving the players colour coding depending on their ability a while back but have found this to be a complete waste of time.
    gregkdy82 said:

Jac35 said:

Jac35 said:

Good luck in your games

What sort of thing do you find useful to write in your notes jac35? . I'm always reading people say how important notes are but have never kept any. I always say to myself Im going to start but I genuinely don't know what sort of thing I should be writing. I watched a few YouTube videos a while back about taking notes but the sort of stuff they were writing was far too complicated and time consuming for me. I started giving the players colour coding depending on their ability a while back but have found this to be a complete waste of time.
    It’s very basic stuff in my notes for dyms but effective

I don’t have notes on regs as there’s no need. I know how they’ll play
    It’s for the occasional players who i may not remember
    I want to know who i can shove on and who i can’t. For example, Which players will call off with K10 and which ones that will fold 10s
    Jac35 said:

gregkdy82 said:

Jac35 said:

Jac35 said:

Good luck in your games

I want to know who i can shove on and who i can’t. For example, Which players will call off with K10 and which ones that will fold 10s
    Thanks. I can see how that would help. Often I'm sat at the table thinking 'I've seen this guy before but can't remember if he is any good'
  • benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77

im with jac35 here. i tnd not to make notes on regs as i know there play. i tend to just make notes on the loose aggro players. if i have no notes it means to me that i have no worries about their play.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074

im with jac35 here. i tnd not to make notes on regs as i know there play. i tend to just make notes on the loose aggro players. if i have no notes it means to me that i have no worries about their play.

Are those notes specific to a level ? I only ask because I have noticed that some players play £5 dym with a conservative approach but then the same players will play very spewy at say £2. In other words do they play a tighter game at higher levels and therefore would your notes on a player at £5 dym still be useful at £11dym or £22 dym

I ask this because if I'm playing a £11 mtt any notes you have on me for £2 mtts just aren't valid really. I often say that I can't get worked up over an mtt that costs less than a Costa or Starbucks but once the buy in gets into double figures it's like OK now I'm playing.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615

Are those notes specific to a level ? I only ask because I have noticed that some players play £5 dym with a conservative approach but then the same players will play very spewy at say £2. In other words do they play a tighter game at higher levels and therefore would your notes on a player at £5 dym still be useful at £11dym or £22 dym

I ask this because if I'm playing a £11 mtt any notes you have on me for £2 mtts just aren't valid really. I often say that I can't get worked up over an mtt that costs less than a Costa or Starbucks but once the buy in gets into double figures it's like OK now I'm playing.
    This is why i never do well in anything over £11mtt am too timid and exploitable i over think because i want to do well whereas £1 or 2 mtts i think i've got a reasonable record because i'm comfortable and the standard isn't the best
    I've promised myself to win a main before i die so i've got some work to do
    edited May 2021

I kind of get what you’re saying but in general, the notes are the same.