You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

calling for solidarity with Mcdonalds

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,581
I am a strong believer in freedom of speech and the right to protest. However I do not agree with using physical force to try and force your views and values on other people.
The vegan protest against Mcdonalds today does just that by them attempting to blockade depos to force their way on Mcdonalds.
Tonight me and my girlfriend were going to have Pizzahut takeout whilst we watch the Eurovision final, However now we are switching to Mcdonalds to show our support against the Vegan protest I would call for others to do the same.

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
    There was a protest outside a wholesale butchers in Middleport in Stoke last year organised by some vego hit squad.

Police had to be called as passing motorists pelted the protestors with KFC and Maccies products, it made the National news and gave the butchers about a million pounds worth of advertising and a massive increase in online traffic.

Huge own goal methinks.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634

There was a protest outside a wholesale butchers in Middleport in Stoke last year organised by some vego hit squad.

Police had to be called as passing motorists pelted the protestors with KFC and Maccies products, it made the National news and gave the butchers about a million pounds worth of advertising and a massive increase in online traffic.

Huge own goal methinks.

Wayne Walker Wayne Walker cousin of Phil Taylor
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,495
    Breakfast lads what would you like for Lunch.......

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited May 2021
    Sounds rather fishy....or meaty.
    Could it be to kickstart the big agricultural changes ahead?
    The globalist backers at it again? Climate change.

Why target McDonald’s , why not every butchers, livestock farm, supermarket,restaurant,burger van, FINGER LICKING, etc? And PIZZA establishments👍

If they come anywhere near my freezer, I may have to get my weapon out.

They could be trying to make way for Bills’ soon to be released poo burger.
    Ketchup and mustard,you won’t be able to tell the difference.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    chilling said:

Why target McDonald’s , why not every butchers, livestock farm, supermarket,restaurant,burger van, FINGER LICKING, etc? And PIZZA establishments👍

yawn
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

chilling said:

yawn
    You trolling again? Otherwise, more content please.
    Make the effort.

• Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    You leave vegans alone
  • Options
    If you wanted to kickstart a movement, what better place to start than with a conglomerate.
    When the pubs shut at 10pm,what establishments also had to shut,probably when most needed.

• Options

You leave vegans alone

if people want to deprive themselves of a tasty food source I have no problem with that I am a very strong believer in freedom of choice.

If vegans want to protest and tell me I should not be eating meat or cheese I have no problem with that either, I am a strong believer in freedom of speech and freedom to protest. If however Vegans want to try and forcibly stop me eating meat either directly or via trying to forcibly restrict vendors ability to supply or other means there I have a problem.

I don't think its right for people to forcibly force their views or way of life on others.

I will continue to mock stupid ideas such as religion such as veganism and etc, but I will always respect others freedom of choice to follow their own path I expect the same back.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321

@Doubleme

"I will continue to mock stupid ideas such as religion such as veganism and etc, but I will always respect others freedom of choice to follow their own path"

Mocking them & respecting them at the same time. Is that possible?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

"I will continue to mock stupid ideas such as religion such as veganism and etc, but I will always respect others freedom of choice to follow their own path"

I believe that every idea should be open to ridicule as part of freedom of speech, and the ability to express ideas and criticisms of ideas.

I believe also that people should have freedom to live their own lives their own ways. so long as they do not infringe on others ability to live however they want to.

me saying I think someones ideas are silly or laughing at them does not infringe on their freedom to follow their own path.

I drink, I gamble, I eat meat and I have pre-marital sex I am aware that different parties may find some of these things or even all of these things wrong.
    I do not deny them the rights to mock me for these life choices or criticise them. I do however have a problem with them stopping me making my own choices in life.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321

Well you neatly sidestepped my question.

I don't believe it's possible to both mock & respect someone at the same time.

Anyway, no matter, let's a-t-d.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

I believe that every idea should be open to ridicule as part of freedom of speech, and the ability to express ideas and criticisms of ideas.

I believe also that people should have freedom to live their own lives their own ways. so long as they do not infringe on others ability to live however they want to.

me saying I think someones ideas are silly or laughing at them does not infringe on their freedom to follow their own path.

I drink, I gamble, I eat meat and I have pre-marital sex I am aware that different parties may find some of these things or even all of these things wrong.
    I do not deny them the rights to mock me for these life choices or criticise them. I do however have a problem with them stopping me making my own choices in life.
    Nah I'm fine with it, I've done all those things and still do 3 of em

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    My priorities have changed as I have got older.

I no longer believe in Sex before Breakfast :)
  • Options
    Man;- Vicar do you believe in sex before marriage

Vicar;- Hey as long as it doesn't hold the service up I'm good