You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Hellmuth - great fold, or terrible fold?

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Horrendous fold whichever way you look at it.

Even if it was the case that DNegs has some kind of super obvious tell that broadcasts he has a top 5% hand preflop, Phil should still be continuing with any 2 cards as he can put DNegs in a world of pain on so many boards/runouts that don't interact with such a narrow range - they're still playing very deep stacked at this point.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    I guess it really depends how far up the Nit-Scale a player a player wants to be, but a fold with KK here could be still in their range :D
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Someone must have turned the camera off so he thought he would wait for a better spot to throw a paddy on the big screen.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    The reverse implied odds concept taken to an absolute extreme plus he must have some sort of a deep cosmic read. That is the only possible explanation for this.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Saw this on Hellmuth's twitter banner

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    edited June 2021
    Oh Dear

but glad & not surprised, the Classic Mota, offering the player referenced
    N. L. H. E. advice!
    made, me, day

Just added to my notes (to show Big Phil)

basing it on your perception of the fella as a human being?
    and or, based on your opinion of the fella as a no limit hold em poker jenius?
    (13 of 15 BRACELETS) nlhe

Bracelet 1 1989
    Bracelet 15 2018
    Final Tabled 2019 going for 16

Maths, not my strong point! 31 years +
    Azz Kickin at the top of the Poker Tree

Phils a 'math' player, probability player, simply wants the chips in the pot as an odds on shot
    Me, adore the bloke, idol status, Cosmic Deep 6th Sense Reads, kin brilliant

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318

@misterpj

I have removed your bad beat stuff from your post above - please use your own threads for these. You've developed a habit of polluting threads by other people with your tales of woe, & it's becoming too much.

TIA.
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    can I give 200 likes to the post above?

Terrible fold obv.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,159
    Ok, I accept that these guys play a game that's so far ahead of anything I will ever experience but wow.

Surely heads up and deep stacked the Brat has to see a river. A J suited isn't the worst starting hand heads up and the opportunity for putting D Negs in a world of hurt on later streets has to mandate a call here.

Awful fold for me although I'm really bad at poker.
  • Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    I enjoy watching both of those guys on the felt, and far be it from me to question the thinking of one of the greatest poker minds that ever was, but...

Sometimes you just get a hunch - a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach - and you know you have to fold, regroup, and take a look at another hand.

That's what happened... right Phil?