You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Download Client, or Browser - which do you use, & WHY?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030

^^^^^

Which do you use, & more importantly, WHY?

Comments

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Browser FTW.

More through habit than anything else. Literally just open a webpage and I'm there! Also means you can play on your phone, iPad etc.

I also hear lots of people moan about d/load client crashing and having to reset at breaks etc. This kind of issue does not happen as much on browser.

Browser does have it's downfalls, but overall out of the two it's my preference.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,159
    BROWSER (Chrome)

When I tried playing on Download Client, it lagged really badly, and I only play two tables max., so I've never tried again since.

Because of the problems with the Lobby not updating during a Tournament, at least playing thru' the Browser, all you have to do is refresh the page. Apparently you have to shut the Download down completely to refresh it. :s

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    Browser for me.

Over the years I have switched between both for extended periods.

Ive finally settled on the browser as its easier to recover from sky malfunctions and crashes.

The Download has been riddled with problems for years, the last big drama , when Adobe Air ended , the browser didnt suffer at all.

When in the download and the lobby icon stops responding and a window wont open to the lobby the only fix is restarting the download losing your tables for a while.
    If your in the browser , you can navigate there, losing no tables.

The browser tables has an address across the top, you can copy it and paste it elsewhere to help someone who has lost their table, not possible in the download.

The Hand histories are more downloadable via the browser which is impossible in the download ( or it opens a browser maybe, not sure)

Ive got so used to the browser now ,using the download would feel like its running on Netscape.

Im sure there are more advantages to the browser but non spring to mind right now.
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    Browser here too.

The client lags for me, not massively but enough to irritate a grumpy old man like me. If I'm watching a stream or listening to Spotify whilst playing, this just makes the client lag even worse.
  • SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    I’ve always used the download client but sometimes switch to browser if I encounter problems with the client (lobbys not opening, tables crashing, etc). Can’t say I’ve used to browser much so couldn’t really comment whether that is better or worse.

If I’m on my phone/iPad, I only use the web browser. I could never get on with the app!
  • CarnageCarnage Member Posts: 48
    Download client for me just because that's what I've used for years. I think it was when the resize table function became available & I've never ventured away. The client crashes or freezes at least once every session but has always done that I think & I'm used to it.

I also use the client if I'm on laptop / iPad / phone.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited October 2021
    Browser for me - used it since I started playing on Sky with very few issues. Never really tried using the client but is seemingly a lot more temperamental than the browser is.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Netflix.
  • Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    Browser (firefox), runs much more smoother in general, and you don't run into many issues in relation to bugs or crashes.
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Client for me - Easier for multi-tabling - the tile feature often doesn't seem as smooth in browser - plus the header takes up too much room. In fairness, the client doesn't crash/ freeze very often anymore - only real issue for me at the moment on client is that the lobby doesn't update.
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Client for me.

Other than out of pure habit, it is much easier to multi-table. Or at least when I first started playing.

Although the client does have its bugs and glitches, a restart resolves it, and when in the habit of doing it at every MTT break or 2, it's not so bad and bearable.

The main usefulness I find the client has over the browser (unless the browser does that now), is that tables pop up to the front when action is required. It makes 'stacking' tables possible which helps when playing multiple tables.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Add a Poll into your OP @Tikay10
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,629
    Client
    I can get four or more full tables , no tiling , on client, i,ve actually had 12 tables on a 22 inch screen where as i can only get two full tables on browser
    I am getting a few problems since Air has stopped which takes a few seconds to rectify since i only play a few tables now , it's an annoyance but not much of a annoyance where i want to smash things up
    Is this some kind of feedback @Tikay10 for the tech guys ?
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    browser4lyf
  • MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110
    Client for me. I purchased a new PC (windows) at the start of lockdown and downloaded the client and have had no issues. Only play a maximum of 4 tables at any one time.

Before I purchased a PC I used to use the browser on a Macbook. Client on the Macbook it lagged and was unplayable
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Client as its far easier to multi table, when it doesn't crash, which it hasn't for a while tbf.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    More browser people needed.
    The download peasants are catching up.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited October 2021
    More importantly, why do you ask @Tikay10? Should we be getting excited?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    PKRPar said:

Add a Poll into your OP @Tikay10

@PKRPar

Don't think we need a poll, I would assume the Business know how many use the Browser/DC.

It's more a case of "why".
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    waller02 said:

More importantly, why do you ask @Tikay10? Should we be getting excited?

Mid-October means Xmas is round the corner, so yeah, feel free to get excited. Bet you love Christmas.