You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

An interesting night

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,477
So Yesterday I planned to do a full poker session eg play from noon to midnight. My girlfriend who I keep trying to encourage to pursue her music (she is very good at singing) went busking. recently she wanted some kit which would allow her to busk a mic and some other bits I was going to buy it for her for Christmas present but she has a best friend in the states who has all the same disabilities as she does but is loaded. So once again her friend in the states bought her the stuff and it randomly came from Amazon.

Btw before anyone goes there her best mate from the states is female and married so no its nothing like that.

Anyway she went busking and people told her she should go for the open mic night in the place, and might get gigs from that. I want to encourage my GF to pursue her music and be there as moral support. So I unregistered from all my games left and still had two tables running. I had last minute notice but she only found out about it yesterday and didn't tell me until she came in.

So booked a taxi as two tables were running over so too late to get the bus. busted one table and tried to quit out of sky poker access the app and play the last table on the app. For some reason the app decided to open up the table I had busted why I don't know rather then the table I was still on which took several attempts to get it to work proper. As others have said sky needs to fix the app. Anyway managed to bust the last tourney just as was getting out of taxi which was probably the perfect time to bust but would rather have won.

So there I am at the open mic night and the first few performers who go up are phenomenal so my girlfriend is freaking out and like ready to go saying she doesn't belong there. and I am thinking please let someone awful go up well sometimes it seems like god is listening (I dont believe in god btw). The guy who went up next wasn't really awful or good or anything he was just well crazy, and it was kind of comical. I was drunk by this point so was finding it funnier then I would have sober.

The guy starts of speaking about been your own man and been an individual and not letting society or the dictates of society define you. Fair enough hard to disagree with that, but then he starts going on a complete rant about the covid virus doesn't actually exists (it does I have had it) and how the vaccine is really a poison and how he wont have it in his body then the conspiracy and psycho babble kept going I thought this would be before he sings but nooooooooooo he plays the guitar and just rants on whilst playing the guitar and I am just laughing my **** off going what the heck is this. People in the pub are a good bunch and polite so wont hassle or heckle or etc but looks of WTF were exchanged by a number of people. Since everyone gets two songs when he mentioned his next song would be a U2 song I thought damm now he might be good (his guitar play was good just did not need the acommpanying psycho babble.) Had not heard him sing yet only rant. So now he starts the U2 song and the singing is incomprehensible and guitar has gone to much but then nooooooooooooooooo he cant stick to the U2 song mid U2 song not joking this guy goes back to his psycho babble. it was a combination of obvious platitudes that anyone would agree with mixed in with Psycho babble conspiracy theories and then some stuff that you couldn't really even make out what he was on about then some mix of politically correct stuff combined with alt right conspiracy theories (dont ask me how he did this, that is this guys unique talent) The best way to describe the guy was David Brent on acid.

My girlfriend has said she thinks the guy is unhinged and wants me to avoid anything to do with him on future open mic nights.

Also I discovered a new beer well its not a new beer its a very old beer brand but I had never heard of it until last night so its new to me and its now my favourite beer, as my girlfriend will attest considering how drunk I ended up getting last night.

Somehow I am not hung over, don't know how but will be taking it light today only free rolls and maybe odd timed tournament.

definitely a night to remember I mentioned about asking the crazy guy to perform at our wedding for lols and my girlfriend was like no definitely not. (not engaged but kind of established we both think we will get married)

I already have other ideas for girlfriends Christmas present.

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Doubleme calling somebody crazy is like Robbie Savage saying somebody isn't very good at football.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,463
    Think he wants to POP ! the Question......

• aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 318
    have you actually met this friend in the states? are you sure they're really female?
  • roddy28roddy28 Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2021
    Did your gf actually get up and sing in the end?
  • somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
    @Double me: You had a "cold" and that's all you can say for certain.

You have never been tested for a virus.( PCR does not test for actual viruses and it's not designed to be a diagnostic tool)

If you were infected with the virus it would be in your saliva. I mean, you can cough on someone and give them "a sample" as easy as that but you need a long stick shoved up your nose for the C19 test?

Why don't they take a sample of saliva instead of shoving a long stick up your nose to get some random RNA that could be from any number of dead bacteria or dead cells in you sinuses when they could get whole living viruses from your saliva? Instead they choose to gather bits of dead cells (RNA)?

Food for thought, eh?
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    What in god's name is going on here!? My head hurts, got any pictures of the American female friend?
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    How was your gf's performance?
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    I hope you told 'Crazy Guy' about the SKY POKER thread @Doubleme ........ he could form a Band with @chilling on Drums and @VespaPX on trumpet.

......though the 'Tour Scooter' might be a bit limiting :#
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    MISTY4ME said:

I hope you told 'Crazy Guy' about the SKY POKER thread @Doubleme ........ he could form a Band with @chilling on Drums and @VespaPX on trumpet.

......though the 'Tour Scooter' might be a bit limiting :#

Madness.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Allan23 said:

How was your gf's performance?

Ye this. You seem to have neglected to tell us that part. She the next Su Bo?
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,477
    few things okay yes I have seen my girlfriends best friend from the states phone chat when my gf chatting to her she has also contacted me before to arrange surprise for my gf. that is how she got our address in the first place. Now it could be the case that my gf was talking to another guy and using her as a cover when she got stuff sure but then it could be the case that whenever i leave for work this is happening. or whenever my girlfriend goes busking she is seeing this fictional other guy, or when she goes to work she is lying and going to see this fictional guy.

I once saw a show on American television similar to Jeremy Kyle show and no it wasn't jerry springer it was some bald black guy that tried to play the role of some tough cop sorta thing. Anyway he had this guy and girl on and the guy was always paranoid of the girl cheating on him he actually locked her in the house and would not let her out by her self even to go to the local shop to buy a pint of milk. Because hypothetically she could of been seeing someone else for a quickie in that time. The host told the guy how ridiculous he was been he had actually bolted the windows shut in case when he went to **** his gf would sneak another guy in through the window for a quickie. anyway I imagined a scenario where the guy said yeah I guess I am been a silly control freak and then later when he's home and he unbolted the windows and the show hosts head comes through the window and the show host really had an alternate agenda because he was banging her all along whenever the guys back was turned. my silly sense of humour.

anyway there is no reason to believe gf is cheating on me. my point is unless you act like a possessive freak you can never be absolutely categorically sure, but you can be sure beyond all reasonable doubt which I am.

I will not post pictures of the American friend mentioning people without names and in a way where it would be near impossible to find out exactly who I am on about on a forum is one thing. posting peoples pictures up without their consent or know how is something else and I am not going to ask their permission as that would be weird so no, no pics going up.

yes my girlfriend did go up and she was very good.

and as for me potentially not having covid I had multiple lateral flow tests confirm it and a PCR test confirm it. Also the symptoms were like nothing I had ever experienced before. Basically I had the worse fatigue of my life. when I found out I had covid I thought I could get a lot of math study or poker study done or maybe some extra poker playing time. Nope I was so wiped out even following the plot of netflix shows without drifting of was a challenge.

Pretty sure I had covid.

• GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    She went up & was very good???? Your girlfriend needs a new boyfriend....its always gonna be about YOU..
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,477
    Glenelg said:

She went up & was very good???? Your girlfriend needs a new boyfriend....its always gonna be about YOU..

I dont know a lot about music or singing so it is hard to comment. but yes she was very good and she is very happy with me so who are you to judge?
    edited December 2021
    You had the Flu Women always choose the Donk. GL tho
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited December 2021
    “yes my girlfriend did go up and she was very good.“

It’s even better when they go down and are very good
    Someone has lowered the tone.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    goldon said:

Someone has lowered the tone.

Wow!

If i can lower the tone of a doubleme thread it’s quite impressive:)
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    The DoubleMe autobiography is one book i would buy.
    He's taken a lot of time to write this thread and post his thoughts. I take back my Quips
    and say good luck for the future.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    PKRPar said:

The DoubleMe autobiography is one book i would buy.

Haven't we already had it?