You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Would you like to be able bet on the outcome of poker hands?

TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
edited March 2022 in Poker Chat
As we know, all online poker sites say they are totally random. I personally play omaha hi lo heads up. I get into situations like this all day, every day, but dont appear to be able to scoop these hands despite the fantastic odds.

I play hands versus certain players that will 'all in' with hands like these over and over... but they dont seem to be able to lose. Once there is an all in situation, could we get to bet on the outcome of hands like these and be able to back the JJ hand to win the hi hand? Im sure some of you would like the same opportunity in hold em.

I personally would be very excited at the prospect of being able to wager on the 3% chance, as im just never seeing this lose.

Online sites like to talk alot about audits and certificates, they have prewritten statements they use on the live chat as it is the most common question they get.

How about putting their money where their mouth is!?

Comments

• Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    Where is the proof you're losing with these hands?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,721
    Whilst in principle sites would like to offer this as they could take a slight edge and generate even more money the reality is it would likely slow the game down significantly. and thus frustrate a lot of players meaning less games and less revenue for the sites.

how would they take this bet the site would have to pause for like 30 seconds every time there is an all in for people to place bets.

You might say this would not bother you maybe it would maybe it would not but I am pretty sure a lot of people would get annoyed if every single all in had a 30 second pause.

However some sites do have all in insurance which is vaguely similar to this concept but you dont get the best deal.

You can push for sky to offer all in insurance which I am sure in principle they would have nothing against, however many people complain about sky not updating the software or fixing bugs I don't see any new features been added any time soon.

I for one would rather all in insurance was not added as it would mean the site takes more from the community so less money to go around.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    MattBates said:
    This would be an excellent idea on Sky, however to fully integrate with their software you would need to be able to use this facility whilst simultaneously not being able to see your cards. :D
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    Ye stop moaning and play on a site with insurance. There are a couple. Problem solved entirely.
  • Options
    Its just cash games though isnt it.

Is it moaning, or is it just ending an argument?

I mean, they would never do it obviously and the humongous amount of small odds wins would dry up over night... but it would be a win win for me....

Anyone who reads, please offer your comments! We need some new blood!

We had Kinda6677 above, but he sends me abusive PM's and has also been chat banned for berating me about being unemployed, lovely guy. Especially stupid as im not unemployed, but there u go.....
  • Options
    Surprised you get anyone to play you as you complain everytime you lose
  • Options
    2 hands a minute you play as you're too busy telling everyone how bad they are
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,290
    TheWaddy said:

As we know, all online poker sites say they are totally random. I personally play omaha hi lo heads up. I get into situations like this all day, every day, but dont appear to be able to scoop these hands despite the fantastic odds.

I play hands versus certain players that will 'all in' with hands like these over and over... but they dont seem to be able to lose. Once there is an all in situation, could we get to bet on the outcome of hands like these and be able to back the JJ hand to win the hi hand? Im sure some of you would like the same opportunity in hold em.

I personally would be very excited at the prospect of being able to wager on the 3% chance, as im just never seeing this lose.

Online sites like to talk alot about audits and certificates, they have prewritten statements they use on the live chat as it is the most common question they get.

Go to a spread betting site such as Sporting Index deposit a few quid, go to games, select Texas Hold 'Em. Hey Presto you are betting on poker hands

• Options
    Still no evidence on these losing hands when 97% favourite. I smell bs.
  • Options
    i just point out how impossible it is. I leave the personal insults to you my lovely friend.
  • Options
    And well played on getting a job, just hope you're not a cop as you're not so good with providing evidence
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Your parents must be proud of you :D
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

Go to a spread betting site such as Sporting Index deposit a few quid, go to games, select Texas Hold 'Em. Hey Presto you are betting on poker hands

And i can bet on Sky poker games as i play? If not, why make this comment.....
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Oh sorry you only want to wager on specific hands on specific sites at specific times. Your OP said and I quote Would you like to be able bet on the outcome of poker hands?

I simply explained how that was possible.

• Options
    You're not very good with banter
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    If this was at all possible ( which it isn’t ) I can only see a negative outcome on whichever bet was placed, if the fav wins and one has backed the long odds, it could be argued “ Before this was made possible, those won all the time”
    And vice versa.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

If this was at all possible ( which it isn’t ) I can only see a negative outcome on whichever bet was placed, if the fav wins and one has backed the long odds, it could be argued “ Before this was made possible, those won all the time”
    And vice versa.

Yes at that point id stop betting on the long odds and enjoy a normal game of poker, where 5% chances won 5% of the time! Jobs a good un....
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Kinda6677 said:

You're not very good with banter

I can only dream that one day i will be able to 'banter' at your level......

Wot did you follow me round all the tables with. 'Giro Jim?'. I think you confuse banter with trying to kick someone while they are down .........
  • Options
    GYRO JIM ?? Didn't know you flew helicoptors.