You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Doug Polk's "Emergency Podcast". Bryn Kenney's response awaited...

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318
    mcg899 said:

In terms of him declaring all his players, that I don’t know. I do think he has some sort of commission deal for every player he signs up and is under his tag. So it would be in his interest to inform GG. What the deal is, I don’t know.

I do know he does not have access to the system or can see peoples accounts. He has a contact directly in GG who he will go through. That person will do all they admin.

He is basically an agent for GG but doesn’t have back office access.

@mcg899

Understood, thank you.

The problem with all these accusations is we get so little balance once the lynch mob get started, so it's good to hear from the other side, so to speak.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    @mcg899

Can you confirm if the owner is, or is not, Hilly Ehrlich?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Tedson said:

Maybe Sky could add a frog poison/shaman ritual to the Vegas itinerary?

Always got bad vibes from GG. Wasn't too upset when they made it virtually impossible for UK players to deposit on there.

I had a few reservations myself, not bad vibes as such, couldn't and still can't put my finger on it. Signed up and never deposited. Maybe one thing was it seems to grow so speedily. At least in my eyes.

Say that without knowledge on the growth rates etc. Also seemed that many players all of a sudden where talking about GG poker, everything seemed a little too quick.
  • Options
    mcg899mcg899 Member Posts: 10

@mcg899

Can you confirm if the owner is, or is not, Hilly Ehrlich?

It is not, it is a guy called Michael Kim.
  • Options
    mcg899 said:

As far as I can gather Kim and Ehrlich are some sort of bezzies/partners and they are behind those weird chinese betting sites that sponsor or sponsored clubs like Wolves and Villa. They have names like w88, br88 etc and they are all under the midnight gaming label. They open many many different sites with weird names and everything they offer is horrible.

They are shady guys imo.
  • Options

@mcg899

Do you have any views you can offer on this? (From the 2 + 2 thread).

"...and Kenney was mostly just using the network to fill these games at all cost because in the end regardless if these horses or whatever won or not he was still receiving a lot of possible kick back from the GG system in place for him for filling the games..."

• Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240

mcg899 said:

As far as I can gather Kim and Ehrlich are some sort of bezzies/partners and they are behind those weird chinese betting sites that sponsor or sponsored clubs like Wolves and Villa. They have names like w88, br88 etc and they are all under the midnight gaming label. They open many many different sites with weird names and everything they offer is horrible.

They are shady guys imo.
    8 is lucky in Chinese which explains why the names have 8 in them. It is no coincidence that 888 exists and 444 doesn't.
  • Options
    Doooobs said:

8 is lucky in Chinese which explains why the names have 8 in them. It is no coincidence that 888 exists and 444 doesn't.

Ye I realise the sites I quoted in particular are marketed mainly towards China, but these guys have a whole load of white label sites without an 8 in it and they are all horrible. They are some of the worst betting sites I've ever used and I've used practically everyone that has been regulated in the UK in the past 10 years.

• Options
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    This is fairly bad for online poker, but this kind of behaviour has always been present, just in different forms. I am pretty glad this has all come out though. It is mad that the site seems to have let one person have so much influence over their deposits and withdrawals. It just is a massive red flag, and always was. So many dodgy stables over the years.

It always amuses me that there are those who say x is so rich he doesn't need to cheat. There will always be scumbags and suspect the ratio of scumbags to decent people is higher the higher up you go. Back in the day I reported a copule of knoen UK players for colluding in STTs elsewhere. They each barely played on that site, and yet when I checked their history they just happened to turn up on exactly the same day and play the same STTs. It was the most obvious cheating I ever saw, but still heard why would x cheat when he has made all this money on Stars. Simply because some people will just push every edge legal or otherwise.

Interestingly pretty much all the Russian O8 players have reappeared "playing" from Estonia, Armenia and even Ukraine. Stll the same ones managing to soft play each other despite sitting in rooms allegedly 100s/1000s of miles apart. It seems such an obvious red flag that they managed to change flags so quickly.

But despite all the above, I'd be happy to carry on playing on Sky. It still seems a friendly place, barring the odd coacher and whinger, and I think the smaller player pool musy make it harder to collude under the radar.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    edited April 2022
    Doooobs said:

This is fairly bad for online poker, but this kind of behaviour has always been present, just in different forms. I am pretty glad this has all come out though. It is mad that the site seems to have let one person have so much influence over their deposits and withdrawals. It just is a massive red flag, and always was. So many dodgy stables over the years.

It always amuses me that there are those who say x is so rich he doesn't need to cheat. There will always be scumbags and suspect the ratio of scumbags to decent people is higher the higher up you go. Back in the day I reported a copule of knoen UK players for colluding in STTs elsewhere. They each barely played on that site, and yet when I checked their history they just happened to turn up on exactly the same day and play the same STTs. It was the most obvious cheating I ever saw, but still heard why would x cheat when he has made all this money on Stars. Simply because some people will just push every edge legal or otherwise.

Interestingly pretty much all the Russian O8 players have reappeared "playing" from Estonia, Armenia and even Ukraine. Stll the same ones managing to soft play each other despite sitting in rooms allegedly 100s/1000s of miles apart. It seems such an obvious red flag that they managed to change flags so quickly.

But despite all the above, I'd be happy to carry on playing on Sky. It still seems a friendly place, barring the odd coacher and whinger, and I think the smaller player pool musy make it harder to collude under the radar.

Pretty much exactly this.

Stables are a significant problem for online poker. Not the end of the world. But significant. Although not on Sky.

The idea that "rich" people don't bend the rules to get richer does not apply in all walks of life-not just poker. Also, poker players tend to be judged on turnover, rather than profit-which is no guide to profitability.

I play a fair bit of O8-mainly for fun, rather than profit. The swift changes of nationality were laughable. Some sites appear not to feel the need to pretend to care.

Finally, all sites should make it mandatory for players to show if they are in a stable. Some stables already do this, such as pocarr. It would then be easier both for players to be aware, and for investigations by sites to be transparent.
  • Options
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    edited April 2022
    Tikay10 said:
    That's a politician type non denial.
    If you read it carefully, it says

There is no evidence and some other people don't believe it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Tikay10 said:
    This *statement* does him no favours and see issues with the statement right away.

Firstly "friends and fans"? :o , why not "To the poker community", "Fellow poker players" or even "For those in the game, family and friends". That's a flag right there.

Secondly why not address it now rather than later on. Would absolutely have a sense of urgently if I found myself in this type of situation. A weak sounding I will get to it "shortly" is too casual a term for this scenario.

Also, no mention of lawyers or a clear idea of when he will follow up if he does at all. Shortly when? Shortly is better than at a later date or other vague future date references to his credit however it does not look brilliant!

That's all for now, as said this is bad for online poker. A black eye.
  • Options
    GervuscasGervuscas Member Posts: 54
    He didn't make an apology, and rightly so. Apologies make you look guilty he would be dumb to apologize.
    Whether he has or hasn't cheated its still a bad idea before its been dealt with appropriately.

I always find it odd that we expect accused to come out, especially when as far as i can tell no actual evidence has been released yet, and clear their name. everything hes been hes been accused of would be easy to prove. he claims hes got a year of messages recorded but hes waiting for a denial before releasing them.
    Don't get me wrong, i think the guy probably did cheat as it would be a insane decision to come out and accuse him without knowing it to be true, but now you've got to back it up.
  • Options
    Gervuscas said:

He didn't make an apology, and rightly so. Apologies make you look guilty he would be dumb to apologize.
    Whether he has or hasn't cheated its still a bad idea before its been dealt with appropriately.

I always find it odd that we expect accused to come out, especially when as far as i can tell no actual evidence has been released yet, and clear their name. everything hes been hes been accused of would be easy to prove. he claims hes got a year of messages recorded but hes waiting for a denial before releasing them.
    Don't get me wrong, i think the guy probably did cheat as it would be a insane decision to come out and accuse him without knowing it to be true, but now you've got to back it up.

Your right of course in the fact that he did not apologise and I have since edited my post. Thanks for bringing this up :)

Going to go with writing a post on mobile at 5:30am when getting 2 hours sleep is not the best time to make one particularly on a subject like this. This is a serious allegation and quite stunning.
  • Options

From 2 + 2:

Kenney going to give an interview live with PokerNews today at 1pm eastern on their YouTube live
  • Options

Seems like he is being interviewed by a friend, it's very softball stuff with no awkward questions.

Imagine the exact opposite of a Doug Polk / Joey Ingram interview & you've got it.
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Tikay10 said:
    Undoubtedly 1 of the world's best poker players.
    I am sure with cards in his hand, he is unreadable.

Which is why it was really surprising that he tilted his head quite sharply to his right (our left) or (towards the end) looked down and slightly to our right every time he was trying to get a story straight...

He denied ghosting, but admitted coaching live in-play.
    Couldn't give any explanation as to why he had TeamViewer on his computer.
    Calling the bluffs re why left GG and Lauren Roberts. And that his main fault is that he is too nice.
    Refused to discuss rakeback from GG-the allegation was that it was more than rakeback-that it was the full entry fee when lack of numbers, particularly in HR sats.

I've seen tougher interviewers...