You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sunday Major Sats.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,537
Every Sunday the late afternoon sats switch to 2 seats guaranteed, but require a minimum of 4 runners.
Earlier in the day the minimum is three runners.
Lots of them start with three, but there are usually some late entries.
Every Sunday sats are cancelled late afternoon with 3 runners.
So wouldnt it make sense to remove the two seat guarantee, and revert to three runners to avoid cancellations.

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,710
    I think the issue is not many players feel comfortable when only one or two players go through. I am fine with that as I feel my heads up game and short hand game is not too bad. However During promo when I am going at it full on the focus required for that does not always work if I have a lot of tables going.

I think for the casuals though they almost never want to play out down to the last player. I think if we had £5 sats to the £24 where say 6 or 8 seats were guaranteed it might get more players. I could be speaking nonsense but it is just the vibe I get.

• Options
    Doubleme said:

I think the issue is not many players feel comfortable when only one or two players go through. I am fine with that as I feel my heads up game and short hand game is not too bad. However During promo when I am going at it full on the focus required for that does not always work if I have a lot of tables going.

I think for the casuals though they almost never want to play out down to the last player. I think if we had £5 sats to the £24 where say 6 or 8 seats were guaranteed it might get more players. I could be speaking nonsense but it is just the vibe I get.

I was just making the point that some sats are cancelled every Sunday in the late afternoon when the seats guaranteed increases to two, and the minimum runners to four.
    You entered at least one yesterday that was cancelled with 3 runners.
    If that was in the morning it would have gone ahead.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

And yes you are talking nonsense, as none of the things you pointed out are relevant.

If the one you entered was guaranteed one seat, and required 3 runners, it would not have been cancelled.
  • Options
    ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 209
    If you wanted to improve the main sats id change the 6pm to a £11 buyin with 1 re entry allowed 10 seats gtd. The current £24 price is too much for many players wanting to get in cheap.
    You could probably add something similar to Friday and Saturday evenings
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Arrogant said:

If you wanted to improve the main sats id change the 6pm to a £11 buyin with 1 re entry allowed 10 seats gtd. The current £24 price is too much for many players wanting to get in cheap.

That would mean one in ten win a seat.
    Plus a couple of extra seats from the rebuys.
    If the semis were £11, then the qualifiers could be £2.40 and still be one in five.
    I expect the numbers might increase, particularly during a cost of living crisis.
    Not sure about the one in ten though.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    HAYSIE said:

Arrogant said:

That would mean one in ten win a seat.
    Plus a couple of extra seats from the rebuys.
    If the semis were £11, then the qualifiers could be £2.40 and still be one in five.
    I expect the numbers might increase, particularly during a cost of living crisis.
    Not sure about the one in ten though.
    You would have to up the £11 a bit, or Sky would make nothing from the sats.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    Leave it as it is...... :)

If people can't see what fantastic value that 2 seats for just 4 players is, they don't deserve to be sat'ing in anyway.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

If people can't see what fantastic value that 2 seats for just 4 players is, they don't deserve to be sat'ing in anyway.

Some get cancelled every week.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

They are not necessarily seeing it.
    I entered five that were cancelled on Sunday.
    These were earlier sats.
    I didnt look at the later sats as I was playing in the 3pm semi.
    Although I did see one that was cancelled with 3 runners.
    The week before there were a few.

Whether people see the value in 2 seats for 4 runners is irrelevant.
    Once they start there are usually plenty of late entries.
    I cant ever remember ending up with 4 runners getting 2 seats.

The point I was making was that having 2 seats for 4 runners, is pointless unless you can get the four runners.
    I dont suppose Sky really want to give away 2 seats for £20.80, on a regular basis.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

These were earlier sats.

The point I was making was that having 2 seats for 4 runners, is pointless unless you can get the four runners.
    I dont suppose Sky really want to give away 2 seats for £20.80, on a regular basis.
    I'm sure they don't, and its a very generous gesture to do so and start with 2 seats for 4 players. Surely it's about trying to get the late reg'ers to enter earlier instead of waiting.

Maybe if the afternoon sats were shorter (instead of lasting an hour), and played as a turbo the same as the morning (early semi), and evening (late semi) ones are.... then the sat's would be over within half an hour
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

These were earlier sats.

I'm sure they don't, and its a very generous gesture to do so and start with 2 seats for 4 players. Surely it's about trying to get the late reg'ers to enter earlier instead of waiting.

Maybe if the afternoon sats were shorter (instead of lasting an hour), and played as a turbo the same as the morning (early semi), and evening (late semi) ones are.... then the sat's would be over within half an hour
    I am not disputing Skys generosity.
    Although I am certain that this promotion is designed to attract more players rather than give money away.

I had one thing in mind when starting this thread.
    This was to point out that some sats were being cancelled purely because of the 2 seat guarantee.
    Remove the 2 seat guarantee, and less sats will be cancelled.
    This happens every week.
    So its not about Skys generosity, its purely about common sense, and logic.
    That was my point, end of.

There is probably a wider discussion to be had about Sunday Major sats.
    Although you seem oblivious.
    You were there on Sunday morning when 5 of the 7 sats between 10am, and 1pm, were cancelled due to a lack of entries.
  • Options
    Apathy .......and niiiiice weather doesn't help B)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

It happens every week.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

It happens every week.
    It won't when the clocks go back :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

It happens every week.
    It won't when the clocks go back :)
    If anyone ever accuses me of going on and on in future I intend referring them to you.
    You dont stop.
    You just go on and on and on about stuff that is completely irrelevant.
    I would agree that maybe the 5 out of 7 cancellations in the morning may have been down to the nice weather.
    Who knows?

I will just try one more recap before retiring from this thread, in the hope that it finally sinks in.
    Although this currently seems unlikely.

Here goes.
    The point was that some late afternoon sats are cancelled every week despite having 3 runners entered.
    If this happened in the morning, they wouldnt be cancelled.
    The reason that they are cancelled is because an extra seat is guaranteed.
    Therefore I think it makes sense to remove the extra seat guarantee, and get less cancellations.
    Cancellations dont benefit anybody.
  • Options
    Would they even get 3 people if there was only one seat available? ;)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Would they even get 3 people if there was only one seat available? ;)

Yes they usually do every Sunday morning, and early afternoon.

You cant have it both ways.
    You think that the 2 seats is a massive incentive that attracts more players.
    I dont think this is correct, as proved by the number of cancellations,
    Also many of the sats that arent cancelled end up with 10 plus runners, and have 2 seats on offer anyway.
    There must be a large percentage of players that late register.
    There is nothing that you can do about that.
    If the tourney is cancelled nobody can late register.
    I have lost count of the times that 3 players are entered at the start, and someone suggests a flip.
    Yet before the word flip hits the chat box, a couple more players arrive.
    Then within minutes 2 tables are running.
  • Options
    But as you said, 5 out of 7 cancelled last Sunday morning coz they couldn't even get 3 players, and one of the two that went ahead was only coz I joined after I'd already qualified.

There isn't the same interest as there was sadly. Hopefully the Winter will bring the satellite players back.

I didnt say that 2 seats is a massive incentive that attracts more players, coz it obviously doesn't. I said it was great value and surprised more didn't recognize that fact, but for some reason they prefer to late reg., even if that means the sat. doesn't go ahead
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

But as you said, 5 out of 7 cancelled last Sunday morning coz they couldn't even get 3 players, and one of the two that went ahead was only coz I joined after I'd already qualified.

So you agree then that to increase the number of entries from 3 to 4, when you are struggling to get 3, would seem to be pointless?

There isn't the same interest as there was sadly. Hopefully the Winter will bring the satellite players back.

This usually happens.
    The extra nice weather wont be helping.

I didnt say that 2 seats is a massive incentive that attracts more players, coz it obviously doesn't. I said it was great value and surprised more didn't recognize that fact, but for some reason they prefer to late reg., even if that means the sat. doesn't go ahead

It would be great value if it actually ever happened.
    Have you ever played a sat where 2 players from 4 runners qualified for a seat?
    I havent ever, ever.
    How can more players recognise the value, when what you describe as value never actually happens.
    I am not blaming Sky for this, its good that they are prepared to offer incentives to attract more entries.
    It just seems that in this case that the guarantee of an extra seat, is being counterproductive, as it is leading to more cancellations.

• Options
    Several times I've played with only 4 runners for the 2 seats, though only once this Summer.

I usually know the players and they recognize what good value 2 seats for 4 players is.

.......and NO I don't agree to increase the numbers from 3 to 4 is pointless, when 2 seats are on offer, especially when you do actually get 4, the sat. goes ahead, you end up with only 7 players and you have 2 seats (as happened in the 5.15pm sat. on Sunday) ......MUCH BETTER :)